You eat too much.

Options

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I just had a slice of pizza for dessert?
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    portion sizes and inactivity just creep up if not worked against it. I managed to gain weight on quite healthy food, I merely ate too much of it. great article :-)
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    LIES LIES LIES!!! Everyone knows that all Hot people are genetically blessed or users of SECRET products that are only available through late night infomercials!!!!
    1000 calories of raw food will magically be less calories than 1000 calories of pudding and pretzels!!!
    ::Turns off my sarcasm::
    Great post!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

That is a glorious success.

Seriously, it is. Being able not only to fit a slice of pizza-as-dessert into your nutrient goals for the day, but also to feel zero guilt for doing so, says a lot about your relationship with food.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options

It is excellent. Not really dessert though so you should have another- ice cream or something.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Once you hop on MFP you learn so goddamn much about calories that some foods look absolutely disgusting anymore. (Example - I ate a bagel and cream cheese from Dunkin the other day and almost vomited at the sight of my 850 calorie breakfast. This included the coffee and the iced cider my mother didn't like.)

Calories are everywhere. American food sucks.

Hey, I had a bagel with cream cheese from Dunkies for breakfast today. With a coffee. :laugh:

I also ate half a Domino's bacon chicken pizza, half an order of cheesy bread, and half an order of Cinna Stix yesterday. But, still.
    Why are bagels getting such a bad rap lately?:laugh: I'm in a challenge on here: Eat Pizza Everyday, Lose Weight Easy (except I eat ice cream everyday, not pizza) and we were talking about this article here:
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/eating-help/calories/foods-to-never-eat/ ... lol. Bagels topped the list. :huh:
    We discussed doing a mini challenge to see if a person could eat all 10 'bad' foods in one day and still meet their macro/micro and fiber goals. I logged them in for tomorrow and it can be done easily. So I'm doing it. :bigsmile: Sad that there's so much demonizing of food going on, when that is NOT the problem.

I lost a few pounds eating Bagels with crunchy peanut butter and drizzled with honey.... I'm with you nothing wrong with them in my opinion... :drinker:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    LIES LIES LIES!!! Everyone knows that all Hot people are genetically blessed or users of SECRET products that are only available through late night infomercials!!!!
    1000 calories of raw food will magically be less calories than 1000 calories of pudding and pretzels!!!
    Great post!

Well, actually, since fiber is not processed by the body, the calories in those fiber carbs are not absorbed by the body. So 1000 calories of raw, high fiber foods IS fewer calories used by the body than 1000 calories of non fiber foods.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I agree with this in general, but don't some people find it easier to eat less when they eat food higher in nutrients? Because I have noticed that I am more easily satisfied by nutrient dense foods than I am with junk food of equal caloric value. I'm "happier" briefly with the junk food, but the nutritious stuff just seems to... LAST me longer, not sure how to say it but I think you get the idea?

I agree with this guy ^^^

Although I agree also with the topic raised, since changing my diet from a healthy but balanced one with the odd naughty meals here & there to a much "cleaner" diet, not only am I fuller for longer, getting more vegetables, fruits, eggs, seeds, complex carbs into my diet, I am also no longer bloated, I was able to shift and get rid of a few more kilo's and my skin has never been clearer!! So clearly eating more nutritious foods has personally affected my body in more positive ways then when I was calorie counting but eating bits of junk or "unclean" food choices more often than I do now 1 "cheat meal" per week with a 95% clean :smile:
  • guroprincess
    Options
    There is literally so much wrong with that article that I don't even know where to begin.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Great post!

Well, actually, since fiber is not processed by the body, the calories in those fiber carbs are not absorbed by the body. So 1000 calories of raw, high fiber foods IS fewer calories used by the body than 1000 calories of non fiber foods.

Unless you are eating hay, I don't believe the difference is that significant long term.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Great post!

This is not true. Fiber provides about 2.5 calories per gram and that is accounted for in nutrition labels.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    There is literally so much wrong with that article that I don't even know where to begin.

Then oh please explain to us! But be ready to give us some scientific backing to everything that is so wrong
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    The article is spot on, IMO. What do you feel is wrong?
  • guroprincess
    Options

Then oh please explain to us! But be ready to give us some scientific backing to everything that is so wrong

It's an opinion piece. The science is sound, if you eat more calories than you expend, you're going to gain weight. That's pretty common knowledge. And as a fat person, I realize I made myself this way (though I do have a disease and hereditary conditions, I don't use it as an excuse.)

If someone is fat and happy, then I don't see why they should change anything? True, he throws that paragraph in there about people who are happy with themselves, but of course he throws in the "you're going to die early" in the same paragraph to shame them just a little bit further.

He also manages to hit the "fat people are just lazy" trope as well as "fat people are a financial burden."

I'm getting healthy. I exercise everyday, and I eat right. That's my decision. My finacee does not live a healthy lifestyle. She likes to eat and does not care much for maintaining an active lifestyle. I don't really see why it should be anyone's business what people do with their bodies. I'm tired of opinion articles like this (and people in general) shaming people for their life decisions under the condescending guise of "health."
  • jonnythan
    Options

It's an opinion piece. The science is sound, if you eat more calories than you expend, you're going to gain weight. That's pretty common knowledge. And as a fat person, I realize I made myself this way (though I do have a disease and hereditary conditions, I don't use it as an excuse.)

If someone is fat and happy, then I don't see why they should change anything? True, he throws that paragraph in there about people who are happy with themselves, but of course he throws in the "you're going to die early" in the same paragraph to shame them just a little bit further.

He also manages to hit the "fat people are just lazy" trope as well as "fat people are a financial burden."

I'm getting healthy. I exercise everyday, and I eat right. That's my decision. My finacee does not live a healthy lifestyle. She likes to eat and does not care much for maintaining an active lifestyle. I don't really see why it should be anyone's business what people do with their bodies. I'm tired of opinion articles like this (and people in general) shaming people for their life decisions under the condescending guise of "health."

Many fat people do not understand why they're fat. This article attempts to explain it in a straightforward way.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Many fat people do not understand why they're fat. This article attempts to explain it in a straightforward way.

Heck, many non-fat people don't understand why fat people are fat either. They're as confused about carbs/sugar/fat/glycemic index/insulin/Atkins/gluten as anyone else.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Heck, many non-fat people don't understand why fat people are fat either. They're as confused about carbs/sugar/fat/glycemic index/insulin/Atkins/gluten as anyone else.

obviously, it's High Fructose Corn Syrup's fault!
  • jonnythan
    Options

obviously, it's High Fructose Corn Syrup's fault!

I knew I left some Demon Nurtient out.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    ...except cauliflower. It's pure evil.

I said "food."

:laugh:

:drinker:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Try.