You eat too much.

Replies

• VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    You eat too much.

OH MY GOD!!! I... I had no idea! If only you'd told me sooner, I wouldn't have been miserably obese for most of my life.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Go on youtube and search for secret eaters......those people swear that they are not over eaters. Just don't start a drinking game when you hear the word slow metabolism
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Thanks OP. The article is spot on. :drinker:
    However, I do absolutely refuse to put down my ice cream.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member

And it also states that you can't have a bacon cheeseburger for dinner every night. Tell that to Jonny!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    It's almost like people need for it to be complicated. For example, I've had several acquaintances ask me if I'm ill. I've lost 120ish lbs in about 15-16 months and I wear a Bodymedia, which looks like a medical device, so I don't blame them for asking, but when I say I've been losing weight on purpose, just through eating at deficit/exercising/no pills or gimmicks, I get the craziest comments: "That doesn't work, you better go see your doctor!" "But have you tried the green coffee bean diet? Then you won't have to exercise at ALL, it sucks the fat right out of you body!" "But you can't eat junk food anymore, right, you're eating CLEAN right?":angry:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    You eat too much.

OH MY GOD!!! I... I had no idea! If only you'd told me sooner, I wouldn't have been miserably obese for most of my life.

"Most of you know this. Many of you don't."

This thread is GREATLY benefitted by those of you who DO know this coming in and acting shocked. Really. Because you are everyone.
  • Cindyinpg
    No worries. :flowerforyou: The article just said to put down the ice cream scoop, not the ice cream. :drinker:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

And it also states that you can't have a bacon cheeseburger for dinner every night. Tell that to Jonny!

Amusing, but it doesn't say that:

"f you don’t have the common sense to know that you shouldn’t have a bacon cheeseburger for dinner every night, then the sudden appearance of a calorie count in large font on the box won’t help you."

The point of that sentence is the mere addition of calories to the nutrition label of a food isn't by itself enough to get many people to change their eating habits. It does not say you can't have a bacon cheeseburger for dinner every night.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    You eat too much.

"Most of you know this. Many of you don't."

This thread is GREATLY benefitted by those of you who DO know this coming in and acting shocked. Really. Because you are everyone.

The problem as I see it is not that people don't know it. I knew it the whole time I was getting fatter and fatter. It's that people don't like it. Eating is enjoyable, and given the option to eat with abandon with no negative effects, most people would.

I think that the absolute most valuable thing anyone can learn is that you can enjoy eating and still lose weight, or maintain a healthy weight. Once you remove the suffering and guilt, you remove the true obstacle in most people's way.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Go on youtube and search for secret eaters......those people swear that they are not over eaters. Just don't start a drinking game when you hear the word slow metabolism

Thanks, just went and watched one its hilarious
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    LIES LIES LIES!!! Everyone knows that all Hot people are genetically blessed or users of SECRET products that are only available through late night infomercials!!!!
    1000 calories of raw food will magically be less calories than 1000 calories of pudding and pretzels!!!
    ::Turns off my sarcasm::
    Great post!

Well, actually, since fiber is not processed by the body, the calories in those fiber carbs are not absorbed by the body. So 1000 calories of raw, high fiber foods IS fewer calories used by the body than 1000 calories of non fiber foods.

okay, this is how this discussion normally goes:

A: eating fresh vegetables in copious amounts does not make you fat

B: yes it does, I managed to get to xlbs by only eating vegetable

A: not possible ... blah blah blah fiber blah ... you must have done it wrong

B: well avocados are not exactly low in calories now

A: dude, avocado is a fruit

B: whatever, I also ate my weight in broccoli, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, pumpkin

A: out of those only broccoli is a vegetable

B: the others are commonly counted as vegetables and do contain large amount of fiber thus invalidating your point

A: not true, every one knows that fruit make you gain weight, just stick to broccoli and celery and you will be fine

B looks at her carefully measured salad and turns the computer off, because it's not worth pursuing the argument :-)

I have no doubt that your fiber statement wasn't meant as broadly as you initially phrased it (nuts are also full of fiber), thus save us all some time and write down exactly which foods contain the magic fibers. For someone who loves vegetables eating their entire calorie allowance in it isn't as much of a struggle as people seem to assume.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    I'm glad I don't come here to ask advice. lol...
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    ...except cauliflower. It's pure evil.

I said "food."

Ha! I was just saying how cauliflower is my new favorite food! I've always loved it, but in the past topped with butter. Now I've enjoyed it so many ways for so few calories, I think it's fantastic!
  • Cindyinpg
    Ha! I was just saying how cauliflower is my new favorite food! I've always loved it, but in the past topped with butter. Now I've enjoyed it so many ways for so few calories, I think it's fantastic!
    YouCantSitwithus_zps61944cfb.gif
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Is it bad that I just had a slice of pizza for dessert?

That is a glorious success.

Seriously, it is. Being able not only to fit a slice of pizza-as-dessert into your nutrient goals for the day, but also to feel zero guilt for doing so, says a lot about your relationship with food.

I do feel quite glorious. I also had some beer and a little bit of ice cream later on. Food and I get along just fine.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    bump to read later
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Is it bad that I just had a slice of pizza for dessert?

It is excellent. Not really dessert though so you should have another- ice cream or something.

I did :)
  • wowgirl30
    wowgirl30 Posts: 40 Member
    I ate a snickers ice cream bar in honor of this post
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    I believe there is a difference between healthy food and crappy food. If I were to eat fast food, junk food, or whatever everyday and my lab results come in with all high numbers that my doctor ordered. Now, if I stuck to a healthy food plan, exercise regularly, I'm sure those numbers will improve. That's how I see it. I agree, calories is calories, but the choices you make depends can mean good or bad health.
  • I always get asked how I lost weight and nobody believes me when my diet consists of pizza, cake rolls, and icecream.
    :(