"You're still fat"

Options

Replies

• BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I don't take comments like that so lightly myself, but you know what your doing something about it and that's what matters!!!!
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    You're still fat. But not as fat as you were yesterday. You are fatter than you will be tomorrow. All sounds like compliments to me. :)

As for those 'cute girls'... someday soon they will get knocked up by some similarly stupid cute guy, have a baby and then get dumped because they are not so cute anymore. They will yo-yo diet for years trying to get back to when they 'used to be a hottie'. One day they will wake up, realize they are 45, fat and alone... with no prospects for the future because while they might lose weight, they have lived their lives as horrible people that no one wants to be around.

You will see them again one day... they will be out exercising and you will be whatever weight you want to be at and see them and give them a look. To you, that look will mean "Keep rocking it sister... you can do it". But being the horrible person they are they will think you are thinking "look at that fattie run".

Karma is a b*tch.

Keep rocking it sister... you're not as fat as you were yesterday and tomorrow is yet to come.

Absolutely, positively, beautifully said.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 years old and I've already learnt the hard truth...people are a**holes. There are a lot of nice people out there don't get me wrong, but the majority of people just want to see you fail. They want to see themselves accomplish more then you do and if they don't think that's happening then they put u don't. The one person you need to able to count on is yourself and then the rest are just an added bonus. Some people grow old but never grow up and it's really sad. But congrats on your 4 mile milestone and best of luck with the rest of your journey. :)
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I wish I could have been there to give them the finger :devil:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am proud of you. Four miles is great.
    Those girls, they won't be cute and skinny forever. Their day is coming. Some sorority won't choose them because they wore the wrong dress to a recruitment party and they will be crushed emotionally. It will happen because you reap what you sow.
  • JessLov67
    Options
    Screw those *****es. I mean they probably have way more self esteem issues than you do because I can't think of any reason why someone would want to do that, obviously you are working towards a change. Just let it motivate you more. It is never appropriate or necessary to call someone fat like that, you can say they have lifestyle issues or are overweight if they are someone you care about but outright calling someone you don't know fat like that is ridiculous. Let it motivate you more, someday they could be jealous of you.
  • grentea
    grentea Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Don't let those hateful people get you down! What you are doing is awesome. Don't stop over a bunch of losers!
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    people who are unhappy with themselves always try and belittle other people. Keep doing your workouts. There's a special place in hell for people who go out of the way to be mean.
  • 123im4u2c
    Options
    Hi Mustang Sally, BTW, love the name!
    I just finished reading your post on what happened to you! First off congratulations on your acheivement, WELL DONE!
    Just keep doing just what you are doing, and you will look back on this and laugh one day very soon! Even better than that would
    be to have this same carload of empty headed, ego tripping sticks, come buy you again when you have reached your goal! This
    would be a real reward for all your hard work, Knowing you look great, and they have to keep their comments to themselves would be
    about the biggest compliment you could get, well that and........... a few cat calls to the pretty girl who looks awesome and walks with
    a lot of confidence! In the meantime remember these words ..... I am special, cause God didn't make any junk! You can friend me too if you'd like to! Good Luck in all your efforts, just keep strutting your stuff girl!!! Act like the DIVA U ARE regardless of anyone chiding you! Ignorance is bliss, and that's what they, and others like them are being! Believe me, they have problems of their own somewhere! ♥ :flowerforyou:
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    You are doing GREAT!!!!!!!! U R amazing! I just hit 3.5 miles! Don't know what to say but keep up the good work! You will be powerful and healthy and they will be narrow-minded mean girls!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight...you have already proven that...she can't lose stupid. Don't let her get you down. I had a similar situation though. I was wearing a nice outfit. My boyfriend and I had just gone out dancing. We were leaving the club and this guy looked me up and down then turned to his friend and said "dam shorty got a gut". I was so upset. And that stayed with me for years. But you know what. My gut is going away. He will always be superficial.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    These girls are probably young and stupid and never knew what being over weight is like, karma is a bi*ch though.

Good for you for keep on going, you didn't gain it over night and it won't come off over night but you are beating everyone sitting on the couch. People are cruel and I never understand why it is ever ok to call anyone any names, and especially someone who is obviously trying to do something good for herself.

I'm pretty sure most of us have been through something like this, and no matter how many times I have seen a thread similar to this, it really ticks me off that people are so hateful.

Reminds me of a friend of mine and makes me wonder why more people can't be like him. He was in the gym, seen an over weight family come in who looked new and lost. He said that the mother kept looking at him and she thought that he was judging her and her family and you could see how embarrassed she was. Being over weight and in a gym filled with a lot of fit people, it is intimidating. Well he approached the family, introduced himself and told them how awesome it is to see a family working out together and if they ever needed any help or anything to not hesitate, he's there every day and wouldn't mind helping them. He actually helped them to feel better about being there. I wish more people were like that.
  • Atarahjoy
    Atarahjoy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree. Double ditto on forgetting those silly girls.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    You might still be fat, but they will always be jerks. Keep it up. :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Have you ever read this? First time I ever read it, I cred like a baby.

2qmn0gz.jpg
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on making the 4 miles. That had to feel great. Don't allow shallow people take that feeling away from you. I believe that people who can do or say hateful things like that truly hate themselves and are more unhappy inside than we know. There's just no other explanation for spreading hate if you are a happy person. You are doing something amazing for yourself, taking steps to have a longer, happier, healthier life and you have every reason to be so proud of yourself!! Keep remembering you will come out better in the end of your battle, and they sadly will continue to be unhappy people trying to pull others down. You win in the end every time!! :flowerforyou:
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So sad that people could be so mean. So easy to say but don't let them get to you. Keep doing what you are doing and whatever you do do not stop or give up! Keep up the good work! Stay positive!
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Be proud of your accomplishment! You deserve it. We all have to start somewhere! I just have to shake my head thinking about the incident that happened to you. Unreal. As other people have said... Karma! Keep doing what you're doing and don't let anything stop you!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Replace "I'm still FAT" with "I'm still AWESOME." Repeat as often as needed.
    You are strong and determined. You are meeting your own goals, in your own time. Nobody can take that from you.
  • Atarahjoy
    Atarahjoy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I appreciate you sharing your story. As you know your experience here at MFP is very important as we all need to here those words of encouragment. What amazes me is that we think because we are fat that we are somehow not as good as those who are skinny.

Im going to say it like I mean it. Skinny doesnt make you a good person. Ive found that skinny people have body image issues too. Trust me!!! when I was skinny I had low self esteem and thought I was fat and when I look back at my old pics. Im like, what I was thinking. Ive gained more confidence from the inside out.

So over the years of going up and down and up and down I had to remember that what I was telling myself was the most important thing. So instead of saying "Im Fat" I say, "Im getting healthier everyday and I love myself enough to do what it takes to reach my health goals."

"It's not about what others think about you, it's about what you think they think." So next time you think someone is laughing just change what your thinking about what they are thinking and laugh yourself to being a better you.

For example, There's some guys your walking by and they bust out laughing as you pass. This is what I tell myself now, " Their just mad that Im taken....Or....They wish they could look this cute." LOL I know it sounds crazy but it's NOT. Trust me it will help you keep your joy. Ultimately you are the only one in control of your happiness. SO ROCK ON. Good Luck on Your Journey!!!!!!