"You're still fat"

Options

Replies

• Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh man... It's hard not to hate people sometimes. However, when I get mad at stuff like this (and your story brought tears to my eyes), it quickly turns to pity. It's got to be hard, being raised so poorly that you have such little compassion for humanity. Poor souls.

You, on the other hand, are amazing, you're taking the bull by the horns, grabbing control of your life, and reaping the benefits. I salute YOU!

I think that from now on, when I see someone out there moving their buns, that instead of giving them a mental fist pump, I am going to just let them, out loud, know that they are kicking butt.
  • Nilasaurus
    Nilasaurus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    WWrsO6k.png

This almost brought a tear to my eye. :')
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing... 4 miles is a HUGE accomplishment. Mean *****y girls suck but Karmas is a bigger *****!!
  • levicrouch
    Options
    If its not in your playlist already, add it and crank it! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_-VaTHpc8).

"Get, that, dirt off your shoulder"
  • JennafurC
    JennafurC Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thats terrible. If people would just be nice instead of going out of their way to be nasty, the world would be such a better place. When I see people running I always think to myself "you go girl/boy" - yesterday I was out for a hilly run and someone yelled across the street to me "RUN GIRL RUN" and it was awesome - there should be more people like her instead of the group of skinny girls who are just mean. You are stronger than them, skinny and fit are not synonyms like many people think they are. You are also mentally stronger because you are going to keep going and let us MFP friends into your head while pushing the negatives out. You can do it, everyone can. Keep going and prove the naysayers wrong.
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people go out of their way to be so mean either. But one thing I'm pretty sure of, those girls must not work out. Because personally when I go to the gym or when I go jog outside I love seeing anyone no matter what they look like or what "level" they're at working hard to change themselves. It motivates me more to keep going, I can't run a mile in under 11 minutes, so if people laugh at how slow I am going at my usual 14 minute mile then that's fine because I'm just proud of myself for not being on the couch. I have nothing but respect for people who are doing more than sitting around, because they obviously respect themselves enough to want to change and feel good, be healthy.
    Keep up the hard work and listen to all the great choice of words many people above me have said!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    seriously, do you realize how unhappy they have to be in their own lives, to have the need to go out of their way to try to hurt someone they dont even know? a normal, secure, and high-functioning adult wouldnt have the desire or time to roll down the window and make such a childish comment. dont let it get you down, let it open your heart to feel bad for people like her. she may look awesome on the outside, but her insides must be torn to shreds... people like that will never be happy, will never be content, and will never feel whole. you will! your beauty, body, and over all looks cant follow you to the grave, but your reputation will, so keep your chin up, keep doing what your doing, and pity the people like her!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    How cruel! But keep working at it and you'll have a healthy body to support the rest of your life. And unless they make similarly hard changes, they'll still be pathetic people who cut down others in a futile effort to make themselves feel better.

You've made wonderful progress! Know that there are many people here who feel the pain and wish you the best -- many more than the number of crude and cruel girls in the car. Four miles! You earned that pride and joy in your accomplishment, let that be the feeling that stays with you!
  • _Bajiggity
    _Bajiggity Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    That is horrible. I'm so sorry that happened to you, but I'm glad you won't let it deter you.

Congrats on the four miles!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear you had to go through that. As someone with probably about another 50 pounds to lose I know how hard it is to even start, let alone work through the small mindedness of little people (and I mean little in the mean spirited hurtful sense). You keep going!!! You keep doing it for you! In the same day I had two young women (because they sure were NOT ladies) sneer and laugh at me as I drug my oxygen tank behind me on my nightly walk, I also had a young gentleman say that he sees me walking every night and wanted to say "keep it up cause he can tell I am getting better!"
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You seem like you have a good attitude about it overall and you're right-- moving on and not dwelling on it is the right answer.

Don't feel to bad about them though, they're just concerned that when you're a few pounds lighter that their boyfriends will be chasing you instead of them... they certainly are far to vapid and superficial to bother with in any serious manner... and they obviously know it and want to discourage potential competition.

Keep Calm and Carry On.
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm not nearly as big as you, but I'm not skinny, either. I've had more men make derogatory remarks about my body, especially when I'm in the gym. They make it sound like I should be there to be their eye-candy, not improving my fitness. But how else will I become eye-candy?! So, ignore mean, skinny twits and keep doing what you're doing. I realize it really must be a sight to see you jogging, but I would still be admiring and encouraging if I were to encounter you. I cheer your progress and determination.
  • lysslax
    lysslax Posts: 64
    Options
    No one has the right to tear you down. Screw those girls, you're amazing!!! Congratulations on the 4 mile mark - that's a huge accomplishment and you should be really proud!!!

You got this :-)

also karma.
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    I can understand the hurtful feelings you had at the comment. I CAN'T IMAGINE hollering anything out my car window to any body whether it's mean or not. It's obvious they are very immature and don't have a clue what you are accomplishing. Congrats on the 15 lbs lost!! That's so GREAT!! And I loved the quote you put on there, I wrote it down and am going to post it at work for myself. Let's hope Karma hits those bimbos right between the eyes. We ALL have improvements to make on ourselves. THEY NEED PERSONALITY IMPROVEMENTS!
    Also, 4 miles!! YOU ARE ROCKING IT!! I need to lose a lot more weight and would love another MFP friend. I've sent you a request. Hope you have room for me!:bigsmile:
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sorry you were subjected to such mindless, arrogant, *kitten*-oles. Just keep up what your doing, they don't know you and they don't know what is inside. We are here for you and we know what your going through and how hard this journey is. Support is yours my friend.
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I get you. Im a delivery driver in a small town and a guy in (there were two in the cab) a county truck yell out "if you ran more, you wouldnt be so fat!" as I ran to make a delivery up the sidewalk on main street. Mortifying. I pulled up my big girl panties and chased down his truck, got the number and reported him, but still..ouch.

Years ago it destroyed me when these things would happen, and they have happened to me a lot. Once I decided to ride a bike for exercize and a car full of guys pulled up and said some horrible things. I put the bike away and never looked at it again until I placed it on the curb. They won. Some jerks with nothing better to do.

A few years later I was delivering a package and after the door closed I heard the guys inside talking, yeah she was pretty but is really fat..I said very loud as I walked away "Im fat, not deaf you *kitten*!" Not real professional but hey, a girl has her limits.

You know which ones dont hurt as much? The two where I reacted and let them know it wasnt ok and they didnt crush me...especially the time I reported the county guy.

I guess as Ive gotten older and figured out that other people have agendas and issues that I will never change, but by not letting it tear me up too bad, I win. Yes, easier said than done but Im a work in progress too.

Congratulations on your progress! That is outstanding that you walked so far with a lot of extra weight on you, I am in the same boat and know its not easy to do. Soon we will both be skipping our much lighter bottoms up the road and damned what anyone has to say about it!!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    WWrsO6k.png

Thank you for sharing this! Brought tears to my eyes.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    If its not in your playlist already, add it and crank it! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_-VaTHpc8).

"Get, that, dirt off your shoulder"

Love it.

Also, I agree with the person who said it's always gonna be something. If you're overweight they will call you fat. If you're skinny someone will yell that you should eat a cheeseburger. My friend was walking with her 7 yr old son and baby niece in a stroller and someone screamed out of their car at her "F-ing stupid b
    soccer mom!" and threw a fast food cup at her.
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    WTF??!!! I am glad the incident has not deterred you. By posting here I think you are still bothered a bit by it and please remember that is NORMAL. When we are on our journey, we can be positive and negative, happy and sad, brave and sensitive, all at the same time.

It's great for you to remember that there are decent people who would support you.

As for those ignorant morons, karma will take care of them

Take care!