"You're still fat"

Replies

• DWCPHC
    DWCPHC Posts: 8
    You go girl! Hang onto that positive attitude. I saw another great quote--"I may be fat, but you're ugly. I can go on a diet." You might want to change that to, "I may still be fat, but you're RUDE and STUPID." But a better comeback would be, "God bless you" which would really throw them off!
  • angelamary61
    angelamary61 Posts: 97 Member
    I sometimes see people bigger than me out running, walking etc and all I think is. good for you, your out there making a difference.
    Sometimes people pass me when I am walking and they are skinny runners and I think, so what, good for me, I am out there.

Proud of you, keep up the good work.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I agree with all the others, let it just fuel you to meet your goals and ignore them. I remember this little boy getting abused by his peers and he spoke up and said that is OK, one day I will leave you in the dust and he did, he is a doctor now.
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    If its not in your playlist already, add it and crank it! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_-VaTHpc8).

"Get, that, dirt off your shoulder"

Love it.

Also, I agree with the person who said it's always gonna be something. If you're overweight they will call you fat. If you're skinny someone will yell that you should eat a cheeseburger. My friend was walking with her 7 yr old son and baby niece in a stroller and someone screamed out of their car at her "F-ing stupid b
    soccer mom!" and threw a fast food cup at her.

What? Just goes to show you! Some people are plain old crazy! And mean for no good reason. Let's all keep on truckin' and spite the haters!
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    There were girls in high school like that. I was 135lbs and getting called fat. My response was "yeah, but i'm working on it. I can lose the weight.. but you're ugly on the inside and no amount of working out can fix that, honey".

Bottom line = Keep your chin up and smile. You CAN do this. You are WORTH IT. :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • TLei6h
    TLei6h Posts: 15
    you may view them as skinny but guaranteed they are skinny fat. and haven't looked after there body since that had to make their own decisions and one day will probably be on the corner trying to keep their heart rate up. keep on trucking and do you and never mind what the skinny fat jerks who where driving lol has to yell out their window.
  • lesutherl
    lesutherl Posts: 76 Member
    i appreciate your pain and willingness to work through it. Most of us have had similar experiences It hurts. sometimes we let it get to us. But you are strong and I know you will keep on losing and working on exercise.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Congratulations on keeping going. Mean people suck.

I have been noticing many, many, many heavier people working out - riding bikes, jogging, walking, whatever. Yeah, they're (we're) not as elegant as all the slim 20 year old joggers going by shirtless. But we're working harder and we're making ourselves better.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    That "hey fat girl" piece is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • They may have been cute on the outside, but they're more than ugly on the inside.

Keep smiling.
  • That really hurts my heart. Instead of being sad about what those evil souls say, use it as motivation. Try taking a kick boxing class or there are some free on YouTube and pretend they're right in front of you. Use that hurt and pretend to kick their *kitten*! Burn those calories and probe them wrong! You're doing amazing! I remember it took me forever to hit 4 miles :D
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    ^^This!

Congrats on your weight loss and for getting out there and getting your calorie burn on. You rock, they suck!! :flowerforyou:
  • Ignore the ugly, nasty people. You are out there moving and doing an awesome job...down 15 lbs....you go girl!!!
  • What nasty girls! That's so mean. Don't let it get to you, and keep going! Congrats on your progress so far :)
  • horselo285
    horselo285 Posts: 20 Member
    Well...They're still miserable b*itches. Personally, I would rather be fat than a miserable b*itch.. Us chunky people...well, we can lose weight...but miserable b*itches...they will be miserable b*itches forever. You are awesome! They aren't! Congrats on hitting 4 miles!
  • mcneil47
    mcneil47 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm pretty convinced that people are stupid. They just are. Pat yourself on the back for 4 miles!!! You're a rockstar!!! Keep at it, and remember that karma will get them.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    OP, I don't know if you've read all these many pages of posts, but I can tell ya, NO ONE is posting umpteen pages of posts encouraging those 'skinny' hoochies!

Pounds lost... Stamina increasing and a pool of support!

Hell yeah, girl, YOU GOT THIS!! Keep rockin'!! :-D
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Me too hon! It's cool though. I'm working on it a little it every day--as are you. And time won't fix what's wrong with them.
  • Just want to say that you are doing GREAT!!! keep working toward your goals and don't listen to the negative comments others make. Especially if those comments are coming from someone who has no clue what your life is about. Please just let comments like that just roll off your back. :wink:
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    I have to share something that I have kept secret for a few days.
    For the first time last friday, I actually got to the 4 mile mark during my walk. This was a huge, huge, huge accomplishment for me. All of my MFP friends know that I am about 100 pounds over- weight, but I have been working very hard and I am dedicated to being a better me. I am down 15 pounds and will probably hit 16 this week. With that said, I was at the end of my walk last Friday and I turned around to head back home. I came to a stop light. While at the stop light, I didn’t want my heart rate to drop, so I did a slow jog. I am not the most graceful person and I know that I am a sight to see when trying to run. But I was doing my best and I was proud of myself. While I was waiting at the light, a car full of cute “skinny” girls pulled up to the stop light. They rolled the windows down and made an effort to make sure I knew they were laughing at me. When the light turned green and they began to drive off, the person closest to me yelled, “You’re still fat”. I immediately stopped in my tracks and slumped over in sadness. How could people that I don’t even know steal my joy? How could people that I don’t even know be so cruel? Why did they even care? Why make the effort to go out of their way to be hurtful? I just don’t understand. This incident didn’t deter me. I am still just as focused on my goals as ever. But I can’t deny that it had an effect on me. When I got home and looked in the mirror, I said to myself, “you ARE still fat”. Sometimes the truth hurts. I obviously have a weight problem. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be doing this. But it is amazing how words either positive or negative can change your outlook. I don’t know what my point is here. I just want everyone to know that when you say “good job” or “you can do it”, it means more to me than you will ever know. Words are powerful. I won’t drop a bunch of cliché’s and antidotes in this situation because you probably have heard them all. I wasn’t even going to mention this to my MFP community, but I decided that getting it out would allow me to move on. I found a great quote. See below and be nice to each other. =0)

“Dwelling on the negative simply contributes to its power.” ~Shirley MacLaine
    My eyes are full of tears. I posted this story because I wanted to get it off of my chest. I was so scared that their evil words would on some level derail my weight loss attempt. Posting the story was just to "release" so that I could move on. I never, never could have anticipated the level of love and support and encouragement that I have received today. I am doing my best not to break into a full belly cry. My husband already can't understand what is going on and why the computer is making me tear up. I simply can't thank you enough for your encouragement. Because of all of you, I can and WILL do this. I will make my 100 pound goal. I love all of you and I don't even know you. God bless you all and thank you so much. This website is one of the best things that could have ever happened to me. thank you, thank you, thank you. I have printed every single one of these responses and put them in my diet book. I will read them every day when I need motivation.

To the person who sent me the youtube link to JayZ- I am adding that to my playlist TODAY. And to the multiple people who sent me the wonderful letter - I am printing the letter and hanging it on my mirror. To everyone else, just thank you. If you sent me a friend request, I have accepted and I will be the best friend and the most supportive friend that I know how to be. God bless you all again.