Juice fast anyone?

Options

Replies

• danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I'm not promoting it at all. I was saying water fasting is only good for healing of illness(which any fast should be supervised by a natural hygiene doctor) another reason why I recommended that book which will explain the only real reasons for fasting(never for weight loss!) and why its so important to have proper attention when doing so.

I also stated at the bottom that food should always be eaten as a whole. If you see my status's on here I'm one of the biggest people against fasting for weight loss, dieting or calorie restriction. Healthy eating the way the body is biologically designed.

Sorry for not wording my thoughts well. As you see, I should probably not type when rushed haha.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    lol, you're mad because we're being negative? because we're telling you that it isn't gonna work.

...that's absolutely adorable. Not that any of us have ANY idea what we're doing here.

ETA: see that ticker down there under this advice? Yeah, the one with the big 153 on it? Yeah, that's the one.

I'm telling you, you're doing this wrong.
    It's going to fail.
    You're gonna feel like hell when it DOES fail.
    When you come back, we're gonna give you the same advice.

So, at this point, you can take the GOOD advice.. and start now. Or you can start when you come back under a different username, hating life, feeling like a failure, and wondering where you went wrong.

again, choice is yours.

+ 1000
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Lol classy talking about what comes out of my butt.

Well, your name is pronounced "shats" isn't it?
  • drencoronado
    drencoronado Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    OP, have you seen the documentary film "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"? It's an inspiring true story of extended juice-only fasting. Almost made me want to try it.

Ignore all the negativity. MFP is full of toxic people.

I wish you the best of luck!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    OP, have you seen the documentary film "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"? It's an inspiring true story of extended juice-only fasting. Almost made me want to try it.

Ignore all the negativity. MFP is full of people who give a crap enough to tell you what you don't want to hear, in an attempt to save your overall health and well being.

Fixed it for you.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Another thing to consider is that depending on bow you are juicing, you are getting super concentrated doses of sugar without the pulp or fiber to help them from metabolizing in your system too quickly i.e. carrots have a ton of sugar as do all fruit. I have the Bullet which keeps the fiber intact(Vitamix is a good product as well). But as others have mentioned, I don use juicing as my oly source of nurishment or a meal replacement, except occasionally for breakfast or and aftenoon pick me up. I've done a juice and raw food cleanse before, but I was consuming protein food sources adn it was more like a week and not 100 days. Please talk to your Dr or nutritionist, ok?
  • MontrealFitbitGirl
    Options

:laugh:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

So you've "almost" tried it...

MFP is full of people who try to steer people away from super unhealthy ideas. People that have been around long enough, who've had success and know what they are talking about. Not ones who've "almost" tried it.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

yes, by all means, ignore everyone that's telling this girl that this is a bad idea...
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    google-image-result-for-http-cupofzup-com-wp-content-uploads-2012-04-mother-of-god-gif-09848b33-original.gif

ship-fail.jpeg
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

True, not classy. But there is a reality to the situation - really real medical and physical consequences. When you disrupt your body's normal function for an extended period of time, stuff gets really messed up. Stuff you don't want to have messed up.

There will be butt talk, ohhh yes.

oh-yes.gif
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

:laugh:

Glad someone thought it was funny :) Cause it cracked me up.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options

Which is soon to be followed by "skinny, saggy and nearly dead".

As I've told a friend of mine after he had surgery to lose weight. Good luck getting rid of all that loose skin without surgery! There's no workout in the world nor any amount of water to fix that.
  • Schatze1975
    Options
    Okay Molly Ringwald pipe down honey lol.

No my husband told me to eat at least some chicken breast or almond butter etc. I just want to do 100 days of pure juice.

Did I say everyday for the rest of my life. Nope .

I'm not a failure. I am determined and the negative remarks speak volumes.

I seriously NEVER thought people here to motivate others would be so ... Well you think of a word!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

I saw that. Even bought a juicer. Thankfully I then came to my senses and learned how to tailor my food intake to my goals - cut, maintain or bulk. That was 60 pounds ago, now I'm using the new found skills to manipulate my body mass up and gain lean muscle.

The problem with juicing is that it doesn't give you any life skills for use afterward. At the end of the fast, you'll still need to learn how to eat moderately in order to maintain your weight. You aren't solving the problem - just kicking it 201 days down the road.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

No my husband told me to eat at least some chicken breast or almond butter etc. I just want to do 100 days of pure juice.

I seriously NEVER thought people here to motivate others would be so ... Well you think of a word!

Would be so correct? Right? Concerned about my health to tell me straight what I NEED to hear, not what I want to hear?

Yep. I agree. I LOVE the people on MFP that will do what they can to talk me out of a really bad idea/situation.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options

Ignore all the negativity. MFP is full of people who give a crap enough to tell you what you don't want to hear, in an attempt to save your overall health and well being.

Fixed it for you.

QFT

PLEASE consult with your Doctor. Tell your Doctor what you're doing!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    To the few positive responses THANK YOU.

AND TO THE OTHERS LOL..
    To start with if you eat ANY kind of gmo or processed foods then I seriously don't want your negative feedback.

I seriously came here for motivation....
    I don't know whether I should be responding or not, because I guess I am automatically negative because I DO eat GMOs and tons of processed food. :huh:
    But, all seriousness, OP, if you are looking for successful weightloss, look at the some of the success stories on here, starting with this one: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1103164-3-yrs-312lbs-lost-1yr-from-bodylift-and-maintenance
    You won't see ANY mention of water fasting. When I first came here, I had misconceptions and I wanted the weight gone yesterday. I was 300lbs 15 months ago, I get it. But if you take the time to learn from others, many of whom have been through the same things you have, you'll truly benefit from this site. But if you come in with your mind already made up..... then it's your loss.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

People are worried about you. People who have seen the results of this time and again are saying and doing everything they can to get you to reconsider. Some from personal experience, others from observation.

It's a shame that some of the vociferous and more barbed comments would make you discard the wealth of the other comments.
This discussion has been closed.