30 pounds by Christmas..Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    thats a good idea to have a specific day to weigh in. i have been weighin in daily and going bonkers with how much my body goes up n down. i'm still a newbie at this 6 weeks in. =) i'll do wednesdays too!!!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    30 pounds huh? no sure..10 weeks to lose 30..guess its possible. I'll try.

SW (10/11/10) 204.4
    GW for 12/25- 174.4.

We'll see..I lose 2-3 pounds a week because of hard exercise so this is possible. and my GW is 140 so that will definately bring me closer.
  • tmuhamm
    tmuhamm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I woke up this morning with the same determined idea. I am on a 1200 calorie diet as well, and my goal is to lose 30 pounds by Christmas. I know we can do this! Oh yeah, I am doing 30 min of cardio 5 days a week. I gotta start somewhere.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    When I started out I was doing 1200 cals and 30 minutes 5 days a week. I doesnt seem like alot of exercise but it had me losing an average of 4 lbs a week. Of course now Ive slowed down alot but thats because my bodies gotten use to it. Good luck you can do it wtih just the 30 minutes a day. Im now at 1 lb average a week. Dunno if Im gonna get the 30 by xmas at this rate but Im sure has heck gonna try. Got 19 to lose for goal weight!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Morning Wednesday weighers!
    1lb loss for me this week, I fear I am going too slowly to meet my oct 25 goal and therefore my dec 25th too! Pfft!! Not good!!! I am 2lbs from the green zone of a healthy BMI I soooooo wanna go green bring it on!!!

Will Check out Later how you have all done, good luck! Debbie
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Wednesday Weigh In time

30lb loss stats:
    SW: 180 on 9/30
    CW:175
    25lbs to go by Christmas
    Lost a measly 2 pounds this week, but alas a loss is a loss no matter how small!

Good luck to us all!
  • addiograsso
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Well down another 2 pounds, but I REALLY, REALLY wanted 3... wanted to be at the magical 20 pound lost mark... oh well, no one to blame but myself. Darned Olive Garden over the weekend... AND still no FREAKIN' exercise to speak of - i have GOT to get off my patootie...:)

I am happy about being out of the 250's though - whoo hoo!!!

I am in a wedding next Friday and my mini-goal was to be down 25 pounds - i better get my act together!

30 lb loss stats:
    SW - 267
    CW - 248
    19 pounds down, 11 to go, but I REALLY, REALLY am pushing for 40! :)

Gingermoon -love the postage stamp comment... ;)
  • vikkij12
    Options
    Sorry I haven't left a message lately been busy and then got a horrible tummy bug, and waiting for my body to rehydrate again before I weigh in. Wish I could take the 3kg loss (unfortunatly I think it is all liquid!!!) So will leave this weeks weigh in and update again next week.:laugh:

I am still on track though to lose the 30 pounds by Christman.

Have a good day
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Well down another 2 pounds, but I REALLY, REALLY wanted 3... wanted to be at the magical 20 pound lost mark... oh well, no one to blame but myself. Darned Olive Garden over the weekend... AND still no FREAKIN' exercise to speak of - i have GOT to get off my patootie...:)

I am happy about being out of the 250's though - whoo hoo!!!

I am in a wedding next Friday and my mini-goal was to be down 25 pounds - i better get my act together!

30 lb loss stats:
    SW - 267
    CW - 248
    19 pounds down, 11 to go, but I REALLY, REALLY am pushing for 40! :)

Gingermoon -love the postage stamp comment... ;)
    Deneen your doing great on this challenge!! Add in a little excercise and you got it in the bag!
  • Jena_72
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Wednesday Weigh In time

30lb loss stats:
    SW: 180 on 9/30
    CW:175
    25lbs to go by Christmas
    Lost a measly 2 pounds this week, but alas a loss is a loss no matter how small!

Good luck to us all!
    2lbs is GREAT!! your down 5 lbs in less than 2 weeks! Good for you!
  • Jena_72
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in again..... I am up 1lb aarrgghh no real surprise I had a baaaad weekend but am back on track, so 5 lb before October 25 I gotta get my lardy *kitten* into gear!
    "lardy *kitten* in gear" LOVE IT!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Jena_72
    Options
    Weigh in :smile:

SW:186
    CW:165
    Loss for week: 2lb
    Loss in total: 21lb
    ok YOU are doing SOOOO Great! You have to start sharing a little of what your doing please! Your excercise (or weapon lol) of choice?? AMAZING JOB!!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey all, haven't checked in for awhile.

I lost 3 pounds last weigh in

SW: 260
    CW: 250
    GW: 230
  • Shaqueta
    Options
    I've lost 23 lbs since we started this challenge in august and I'm hoping to hit 30 by the end of the month!!! but I do plan on continuing til Christmas. I want to get as much weight off as I can.
  • clioandboy
    Options
    I've lost 23 lbs since we started this challenge in august and I'm hoping to hit 30 by the end of the month!!! but I do plan on continuing til Christmas. I want to get as much weight off as I can.

Respect respect respect!!! That is amazing! You are amazing! So come on what is your secret? Go you how many will lose by Christmas????!!!
  • vikkij12
    Options
    Hi

I started this challenge about 6 weeks ago and have lost 6kg so far. nearly half way to the 30lb (or 13 KG)

Keep it up everyone.

Vikki
  • mobymarsh
    mobymarsh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hi all i have just joined this site and would love to join you if that is ok? however i don't think i can do 30lb for xmas because i am a bit late joining but i would like to try for 20lb i weighed in last night at 191lbs so will let you know what i weigh next time fingers crossed
  • clioandboy
    Options
    hi all i have just joined this site and would love to join you if that is ok? however i don't think i can do 30lb for xmas because i am a bit late joining but i would like to try for 20lb i weighed in last night at 191lbs so will let you know what i weigh next time fingers crossed

hello to you! welcome, the more the merrier - weigh day tomorrow for me, choose your day post your progress and good luck at shifting as much as you can for xmas! what a lovely present you are giving yourself!!!! Debbie
  • abby0077
    Options
    Count me IN! I have my dream wedding just before Christmas and have had to buy a larger dress.. why do they make wedding dresses for people with TINY backs! I don't think i'm especially broad but it fits me everywhere else (because it's empire line hah!)

HOWEVER.. I still have the original dress and my aim is to fit into that one - I want to work on toning my back because I AM a bit flabby there (and elsewhere) so I'm definitely in on this one! hopefully my back is where the fat will fall off first.... I'm not particularly busty either so, fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone else!
  • clioandboy
    Options
    Morning Wednesday weighers! I am happy 2 off this week AND I HAVE ENTERED THE HEALTHY BMI CATEGORY(just but still!) I am not going to make my 25/10 goal but I am already contemplating nov 25th's.... Hope you all had a good week!

Oh yes I will just tell you guys of a situation I have got at the mo.... Got an old friend here who thinks I look old n really should stop dieting......getting on my nerves a bit! To say the least love her but this fortnight is gonna be interesting!!!