What's your avatar all about?

Options

Replies

• RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    The noticeable weight loss in my face. Go look at my profile pics if you care to .. you'll see what I mean.
  • Quix82
    Quix82 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Pure boredom and people saying I don't smile enough in photos.

This was my attempt..
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I took my current picture on Monday morning. It's me and Dan Marino! Laces out!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My head.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    my personality.
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My picture is me and my two year old son. :) I was doing dishes and all was quiet (which is suspicious! LOL those of you with children know what i'm talking about) . When I walked into the living room my son was coloring his face with a marker (non toxic and have no idea how he got it). He looked at me and said "mommy, look! i pretty too!". I think he must have seen me putting on make up for date night with his father a few days ago..LOL :) Had to take a picture and let him color my face too :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's about the pokemanz.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    GO CARDS!!!

I live near STL and am a Cardinals fan!! They are in the NLCS and if they win today they are going to the World Series!!!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    wolverine:
    Marvel character. I selected Wolverine because he is short (5'2" - not the hugh jackman 6' movie version), and I am short. But the character has a confidence that doesn't normally befit a man short in stature. i want to embody this in myself. Also, his power is healing himself quickly, and I view this lifestyle change and weight loss as a process of healing of myself. he is generally a calm character with a sarcastic wit but an explosive temper, and these are things that i also identify with. i selected the picture of him covered in shadow, because i am not ready to reveal myself. so i cloak myself in the shadows and wait patiently until the time is right.

OR
    i picked it because i grew up collecting the comics, and i think this pic is pretty sweet.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Me... running a tough mudder last week...
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Mine was from an amazing trip back to Saskatchewan that I took this summer with my boyfriend (who met my family for the first time). We had an awesome day at the lake cooking bushpies, and I was the proud chef! Plus, now that winter's on its way, it's nice to have a reminder of summer :)

I want to google bushpies, but I'm at work, and I'm afraid.

Lol they are sandwiches cooked over the fire, with whatever you feel like putting in them. The ones I made had pizza filling, but you can make them with any pie filling, or really any filling at all that you'd want in a sandwich. Eggs are good to make breakfast ones!
  • KD454
    KD454 Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    progress shot really....capturing upper chest and delts
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    it's a forensic reconstruction of a neanderthal woman who lived 50,000 years ago

the slogan is an attempt to highlight the ridiculousness of the advice given to women not to use heavy weights or to do strenuous exercise or suggesting that doing "men's" push-ups will make your uterus fall out or some such nonsense

as to why a neanderthal woman...

1. I look like a neanderthal from the neck downwards, i.e. short, stocky and barrel chested with relatively short limbs (my face looks like a Homo sapiens though, I have a vertical forehead and pointy chin and stuff) and I also don't feel the cold much (they were a cold-adapted species of human).

2. neanderthals were probably the toughest, strongest humans to have ever lived, and they also had the biggest brains of any humans that ever lived. They survived in the sub-arctic climate of ice age Europe and western Asia with only middle palaeolithic technology (i.e. with fire but without projectile weapons or stitched clothing), including hunting huge animals close range with stone tipped spears. Contrary to popular belief, they were not stupid or brutish; they were highly intelligent and there's a lot of evidence that they spoke using a complex language and were capable of symbolic thought. They also looked after sick, injured, elderly and other vulnerable members of their groups.

3. I get kind of sick of the definition of "feminine" held by some whereby being strong and feminine are mutually exclusive. Women evolved to be tough and strong and to face and endure difficulty and overcome it (as did men).

Thanks for the anthropology lesson. Miss studying it. really cool avatar.

Mine is a happy time of my husband and me sitting on a bench in front of a really cool carriage house in savannah georgia that we rented a few years ago. We just purchased a tripod stand and were trying it out. My husband and I still take care of his Mon. So any chance we have to be together is bliss!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Mine was from an amazing trip back to Saskatchewan that I took this summer with my boyfriend (who met my family for the first time). We had an awesome day at the lake cooking bushpies, and I was the proud chef! Plus, now that winter's on its way, it's nice to have a reminder of summer :)

I want to google bushpies, but I'm at work, and I'm afraid.

Lol they are sandwiches cooked over the fire, with whatever you feel like putting in them. The ones I made had pizza filling, but you can make them with any pie filling, or really any filling at all that you'd want in a sandwich. Eggs are good to make breakfast ones!

Ooooh, ok! That sounds good! I googled "you got me pegged" once looking for a gif. Not enough bleach in this world to get rid of those images.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Blimey - so many responses - I'm trying to keep up! Thanks for sharing everyone, it's always interesting to find out a little bit more about people :smile:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It's my Halloween picture from last year - Mother Earth. Haven't come up with a costume idea for this year so I'll probaby just wear my old fall back of a spooky Halloween shirt (orange background with ghosty faces in black).
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    Normally hate photos of myself, so don't let anyone take pics of me. Was on a day trip with friends and they took this one without my realizing it. When they showed it to me later, I loved it. Felt slightly embarrassed, though, that it is actually a picture of me sitting at a restaurant about to order a meal!
  • PowerProject
    PowerProject Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Face.

Fin.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I like the way the sunlight brings out the gold flecks in my eyes.