Are Oreos more addicting than cocaine/morphine?

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Oh for gods sake, the rats went for the tastier food - that doesn't make them addictive.

hmmm oreos or rice cakes - what a hard choice :noway:

Ridiculous conclusion is ridiculous.

Obviously. Clearly love of oreos in no way comes close to a cocaine/opiate addiction. It's hard to believe that this is even an argument. Even the tone of the people who conducted the study seemed to imply that. So I am simply posting funny gifs and other such nonsense now.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    No but McDonald's French fries are.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Once blended in ice cream it is safe!
  • mazekah
    mazekah Posts: 52
    Options
    Why do you think Nabisco spends so much money on them and exports them? They are little vaccums sucking money and health out of you.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Once blended in ice cream it is safe!

don't forget the vodka :bigsmile:

550px-Make-a-Vanilla-Vodka-Oreo-Shake-Intro.jpg
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Why do you think Nabisco spends so much money on them and exports them? They are little vaccums sucking money and health out of you.

I :heart: Oreos.

I choose to spend money on them.

I choose to eat them and fit them into my daily goals.

The end.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You mean 'addictive'.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    This might seem like blasphemy, but I don't really like Oreos. Unless they're crumbled in ice cream cake. :love:

I like the super-cheap Oreo-knockoff cookies better (I call them Pooreos) especially the white and chocolate ones. But they don't come anywhere near fresh, hot chocolate chip or Snickerdoodles.

Yep, I'm with you-don't care for Oreos, not big on sweet stuff. I recently made a 3 layer oreo cookie cake for a relative's birthday. I was surrounded by oreos-whole cookies, crushed cookies, batter bowls, beaters etc etc. I had 1/2 slice at cake cutting time and that was it-I didn't eat any of the Oreos beforehand :yawn:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    unlikely.

cocaine.gif
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    This food addict chiming in...never felt a binge compulsion to oreos although I would make a fine meal out of a quart of half and half and chips ahoy and occasionally I'd include the blonde or chocolate creme oreo. I generally went for the frosted cookies though or just ate the cookie dough.

But if the general premise that food can be addicting and trigger the same pleasure hormones that cocaine and morphine do then I more than agree.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know, I've discussed this before. Oreos are sweet. Sweet stimulates sensory organs. Cocaine is a narcotic... it does not stimulate sensory organs. Dopamine is released faster with food, and does not last nearly as long. Obviously, a rat is going to choose sweet food over a narcotic substance because it is their instinct to eat food and sweet makes it more attractive. It is not, however, their instinct to snort cocaine.

I'm sorry but I feel like this study is just dumb! Besides, rats have a completely different physiology than humans anyway.
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    Mmmm oreo's... They are good, but not my fave. Some of the meds I've had in the hospital were pretty dang good including the morphine. I don't take any meds at home though, prescribed or not. Not even Tylenol, but I could totally see how you could get addicted to the other stuff.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Do you mean "addictive"?

Oh and no.

Thankyou!
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I think they are.

In the grocery store, I walk right past the cocaine without a second thought. It's the Oreo's that call my name.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think they are.

In the grocery store, I walk right past the cocaine without a second thought. It's the Oreo's that call my name.

:laugh: "I walk right past the cocaine without a second thought." :laugh:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Try some morphine and let me know what you think.

I enjoyed it the escape is wonderful, but my go to drug has always been food. Nice thing about food vs morphine is it serves the dual purpose of comfort and self destruction. By being obese you get to fulfill your prophecy that you are a shunned, worthless, disgusting piece of garbage. At least my reasoning as to why despite exposure to other drugs I always chose food.

Another note the brother chose cocaine we both suffered similar consequences despite our substance of choice. His was just a lot easier to hide.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    LOL, I saw this on the news this morning, too. I feel like this is a symptom of the times...we're always looking to blame the addiction rather than take responsibility for our own choices...face palms...

Exactly. Always trying to point a finger rather than look in the mirror. :noway:
  • jack758
    jack758 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    LOL ESPECIALLY
  • jack758
    jack758 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    LOL ESPECIALLY when they are in a McFlurry! I can't even eat them by themselves, but I'll eat them in a McFlurry.
  • sillyshamrock11
    sillyshamrock11 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've eaten a lot of Oreos, but I never gave anyone a BJ to get more when the package ran out.

HAHAHAHAHA. This whole thread in general is hilarious.

10502468.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools