Wearing makeup to the gym

Options

Replies

• LrdTwitchyMcChin
    Options
    Even in the morning it is possible people are coming from work. Some people work overnights and go to the gym after work still.
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    I don't wear make up to the gym when I go. My sister puts on make up before going to the gym and after leaving the gym. She's just the type of person that wears make up 24/7.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    there's a girl at my gym that goes in full dress (as we like to call it)

she's got the foundation, the mascara, the lipstick with gloss over top, the blusher, the smokey eye thing going....and eye liner...lots and lots of eyeliner....then the HUGE fran drescher style hair. just HUGE hair, that she constantly has to manage...

she spends the whole time in the weight room, picking up weights, hefting them, then putting them back in their saddle, never doing a rep....

she does however run up and down the stairs a bit, so she's working out, but she ensures she NEVER breaks a sweat.

she does do her squats with the 20 pound bar on her shoulder, paying special attention to her *kitten* in the mirror while she does....

then she goes over to the one door that leads to the basketball court and stands there for 10 minutes watching her honey play and texting someone,

then goes back to do her routine again, carefully making sure she doesn't break a sweat.

It's kinda cute.....especially the 3-4 guys that work their workout routine so that they are on the machines closest to her when she's finally doing her set....

like i said, cute....

but not for me.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Because I like to make the makeup-less woman look even worse by comparison.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    If I have make up on before I go to the gym or work out then I don't bother taking it off first. I don't put it on just to go to the gym though.

This ^
  • bongochick45
    bongochick45 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    At the gym I used to go to there was a girl there I used to call "Sparkle" because everytime I saw her in the locker room she was putting on a full face of makeup and sparkly lotion before she would hit the gym. She was very fit looking though so I think she was actually putting in some work somewhere at some point. But she was also super flirtatous and clearly had no shame hitting on all the guys. But hey whatever gets you in the gym and healthy I guess. I put on makeup before races because I don't want to be photographed looking crazy. So to each their own.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    The only time I wear makeup to the gym is if I go right after work and already have it on. Lately though, I have been just wearing tinted moisterizer, mascara and lip gloss so it isn't much
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    For some women, it's a self confidence issue. They feel "naked" or less appealing without it. Can't really gauge, I personally don't care, just for the love of God, don't BATHE in perfume before coming in :sick: , that's all I ask..lol.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This is only my opinion, not to be confused with any factual research (for clarity)...

Women are nasty creatures. Competitive by nature for "mates" but mostly status!

The women you are referring to most likely feel if they doll themselves up for the gym they look better than their peers who sweat it off and work hard ... Thus giving them higher status in their eyes.

And just for the record I'm not a real make-up kinda girl ... Special occasions and such. But the only time I'd ever wear make-up to the gym is if I just came from work and had no time to remove it.

This touches on one of my pet peeves .. Why bother going to the gym if you don't wanna HIT IT and sweat? ... Plus, the feeling of walking outta that place after you put in a hard effort is like you won first place in a marathon. I tend to hold my head high even as an obese lady!! SO worth it :)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of ladies at the gym I go to now wear a full face of makeup just to work out. I can't understand why someone would put an entire face of makeup on unless they weren't going to work hard enough to sweat it off.

Don't get me wrong, I don't always go completely bare faced. I am very fair with blonde eyebrows, so I do pencil them in just a bit so I don't look albino... but aside from that why would anyone bother? Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me.

So you wear more makeup than most women I know when they go to the gym - but you have a good reason that you felt needing explaining in case others misunderstood and thought badly of you for doing it.

Think on that.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Even in the morning it is possible people are coming from work. Some people work overnights and go to the gym after work still.

Touche'
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    I don't wear makeup to the gym because it is bad for your pores. But that is all I will say on this subject. The last time we had a thread like this, it just turned into a bunch of women snipping at each other for no apparent reason and taking things personally.

^^^This^^^

Just do your own thing. :flowerforyou:
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    >> why someone would put an entire face of makeup on unless they weren't going to work hard enough to sweat it off....

What's the old cliche? Horses sweat, men perspire and women glow....

But then I don't know how some makeup would work. Don't they make waterproof stuff? War paint? Well, camo paint would stay on.....
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I would use the treadmill behind your stairclimber...
    This
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I don't mean after work, or on your lunch break.... I work out at about 9-10 am

What exactly is wrong in wearing make up wherever you want?

Even athletes and other sports women will wear make up in competitions, I'm really not understanding the problem
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Not everyone gets up and goes straight to the gym: If they have something else planned first, they're putting the make up on for that, and it is simply just still on when they head to the gym.

And even if they do put on makeup for the gym: Whatever gets them there working out is great!
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Because I like to make the makeup-less woman look even worse by comparison.

Wow...:huh:
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    I will usually head to the gym after work and still have my makeup on.

This.

Also, who gives a *kitten* what other people do?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Where's that beating the dead horse gif?