Wearing makeup to the gym

Options

Replies

• heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I get all red and sweaty so it doesn't even matter if I wear makeup, I always end up looking gross at the end.
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wear make-up because I like make-up. If I wanna wear a cat eye to the gym, I wear one.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I wear my makeup to the gym since I go straight from work. But if I went from home, I might still wear it because I like it. Of course, I don't wear foundation so nothing is really melting off.
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If I'm wearing makeup, I'll wash it off with a towelette before hitting the gym.... don't need a towel full of makeup when I wipe the sweat from my face :)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I usually go with a "full face of makeup" because I go directly after work (where I wear makeup) and don't bother to waste time/soap washing it off beforehand when I'm going to have a shower later. However, I do not put it on specifically to go to the gym.

I do wonder though why so many people give a frack about makeup or lack thereof at the gym. I seriously doubt it affects anyone else' workout.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    If I have make up on before I go to the gym or work out then I don't bother taking it off first. I don't put it on just to go to the gym though.
    Same here. The make-up comes off any way during my workout when I wipe the sweat from my face.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I will usually head to the gym after work and still have my makeup on. I don't get ready for the gym though, that's a whole different story.

Same here. Don't have time to try to take off my makeup after work. But if I'm at home, I do not start painting my face. Lol
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I wash my face before going to the gym but I don't always wash my eye make up / eyebrow pencil off...
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    why would you wear make up at the gym, but you know i was at my gym on monday and was so mad so many people sit there on a machine doing nothing on their phones it really annoys me especially when I can't get on a machine. Leave the make up at home and the phone in your locker unless you are listening to music on it
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    This is just like the question of why girls wear makeup to go to the beach.

It seems really silly to me if you put it on JUST to go to the gym, or if the gym is the first place you go before work/school. If you're working out and giving it your all, you'll sweat it all off and clog your pores. That just seems really uncomfortable to me :indifferent:

I never considered the responses that have been given so far (ie. they came from work, they feel too self-conscious without makeup) so now I know I'll judge a lot less when I see these girls!

I'm just glad I don't wear make up at all anymore. One less silly problem to deal with.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I usually go with a "full face of makeup" because I go directly after work (where I wear makeup) and don't bother to waste time/soap washing it off beforehand when I'm going to have a shower later. However, I do not put it on specifically to go to the gym.

I do wonder though why so many people give a frack about makeup or lack thereof at the gym. I seriously doubt it affects anyone else' workout.

First off this is in the "Chit Chat" forum and I wanted to get other people's opinions and find out their reasoning behind wearing or not wearing makeup. Clearly it doesn't affect my workouts, I was just curious. If you are so disinterested in the subject then why did you read the thread? Jeezus.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Doesn't makeup + sweat end up with blocked pores and eventually spots...? (I say this as someone who never ever wears makeup due to fear of breakouts, though)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I don't mean after work, or on your lunch break.... I work out at about 9-10 am

is anybody even in there to care at that time?
    Apparently, OP is, and many say no one at the gym cares what you're doing/look like.
    tumblr_mty7dwjmkA1sj3oxho1_400.gif
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    cause i like looking good,i wear make-up all day everyday and im not going to wash it off just to go to the gym.
    isnt that why setting sprays were invented?
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Considering the amount of threads made on this topic by people with their pantiess in a twist, I really should start wearing make up in the gym just for spite
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I don't really see many women in my gym that are wearing make up, I see them putting it on after a workout, but not really before. I think make up would just make me look worse if I wore it TO the gym lol my face gets super red and I get DRENCHED in sweat usually so I'd end up with mascara/eyeliner everywhere... not cute. Although I'm not single, and not looking for a confidence booster from strangers, so I don't care about my appearance while I'm there. Might be different if I were... who knows?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    This is only my opinion, not to be confused with any factual research (for clarity)...

Women are nasty creatures. Competitive by nature for "mates" but mostly status!

The women you are referring to most likely feel if they doll themselves up for the gym they look better than their peers who sweat it off and work hard ... Thus giving them higher status in their eyes.

And just for the record I'm not a real make-up kinda girl ... Special occasions and such. But the only time I'd ever wear make-up to the gym is if I just came from work and had no time to remove it.

This touches on one of my pet peeves .. Why bother going to the gym if you don't wanna HIT IT and sweat? ... Plus, the feeling of walking outta that place after you put in a hard effort is like you won first place in a marathon. I tend to hold my head high even as an obese lady!! SO worth it :)

so. if you work hard- you look ugly.

and if you are pretty you are only there to fish?

what a load of rubbish.
    I don't go anywhere without mascara and eye liner on.

ANYWHERE.

I often come straight from work- but like Monday? I was off. I got up- made a big ole breakfast- did some chores- eyeliner- mascara- little dab of new orange lipstick. And went and worked out for almost 3 hours. And believe you me- I WORK. Most of the guys won't workout with me. I work HARD.

I agree why go to the gym if you aren't going to work... absolutely. But I think it's stupid to think everyone there wearing making up is fishing. I refuse to date anyone at my gym. I also refuse to be seen in public looking like rubbish.

yes it's a gym- yes you work hard- but you don't have look like you crawled out of a white trash trailer park.

All of you who say "I look awful and I don' t care who sees me" GREAT fine GOOD FOR YOU. But guess what- I DON"T LOOK AWFUL AND I DON"T CARE!!! If it's good enough for you? guess what- it's good enough for me- take your hatorade somewhere else! LOL
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Maybe ask the girls at the gym? See how that goes. :bigsmile:
  • TeaSVG
    TeaSVG Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't personally go to a gym, but I'm going to venture a guess anyway. I feel that gyms are somewhat of a social place, so I can understand why some people feel the need to put on makeup for it. The other thing is the reason why people go to gyms, want to work out, want to be thin... the reason that is NOT for health - they want other people to think they look good/attractive, etc. I guess that goes hand-in-hand with putting on makeup. (I'm not saying that's why everyone goes to the gym or that everyone who goes to a gym is superficial. I don't go to a gym because I'm antisocial and cheap - walking/biking outside is free.)
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

First off this is in the "Chit Chat" forum and I wanted to get other people's opinions and find out their reasoning behind wearing or not wearing makeup. Clearly it doesn't affect my workouts, I was just curious. If you are so disinterested in the subject then why did you read the thread? Jeezus.

Public forum.
    Can post if we want.