• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    p6fq6.jpg
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Just looked at OP's diary - it explains a lot

About how he managed to lose so much weight, yes, yes it does. :flowerforyou:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    What does it explain?
    That he has made his point?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Oh? Care to expand on that? What does it explain? Aside from hitting all of my weight and health goals for several years now, while eating what I want.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Been here almost 2-1/2 years and says sugar is not bad:
    7584267.png

Been here over 2-1/2 years and says sugar is bad:
    5999091.png

Am I the only one who notices tickers?
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin pop tarts? :love: Look at my diary too. Ice cream EVERYDAY! And I've lost 121lbs. What's it supposed to explain?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Oh? Care to expand on that? What does it explain? Aside from hitting all of my weight and health goals for several years now, while eating what I want.

You know what would really help convince her? More shirtless pics. Also I would forgive you for not being nice.

And for the way your body produces lactase. But I'm gonna need a LOT of shirtless pics for that last one.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-definitive-guide-to-sugar/#axzz2i6sECFfm

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/diabetes/#axzz2i6sECFfm

Here are two articles that help explain why sugar isn't all that healthy for us. Mark's usually pretty good about linking to the studies he's referring to if you want to look at the actual science; he's just put it all together into one convenient place.

I do agree that it's wrong to demonize any food or say it's something you can never eat; I think the point of life isn't to live by a rigid list of foods you can and can't eat, but to be informed about what different foods do to your body and make the choices you want to and need to to live a happy and healthy life. Is sugar going to play a big role in that? Probably not; it DOES have a lot of drawbacks and not too many good points, but that doesn't mean it can't be a part of your life if that's what you want.

Really? A low-carb, paleo/primal propaganda site?
    Saw it coming a mile away...........blog posts passed as science

Propaganda, really? Is that what we call personal opinions based on scientific studies. Also, yes, they're blog posts, but did you notice the part where I specifically stated that there are usually links directly within the blog to the science it's based on? Are textbooks now propaganda simply because they are a bringing together of information in one easy to access place? At least read things before you start making unintelligent criticism.

I have. I've read many of his blogs and an entire one of his books. The guy is an idiot.

I've read all his books, used to spend all my free time his site and followed his plan for several months-I agree with you that he's a quack :tongue: He's no different than all the others out there pushing their man made, processed supplements while promoting them as 'clean' and 'natural.' The guy's selling stuff that people don't need while promoting a diet that's based on utter silliness. I regret I fell for it, because I ended up having nasty and embarrassing side effects eating primal/paleo. Live and learn!

If you had "nasty and embarrassing side effects eating primal/paleo"...

...you were doing it wrong.

Note, I'm not saying that primal/paleo is necessary or even optimal for effective weight management or health...

...but done correctly, there shouldn't be any side effects.

ETA: That said, I still agree w/ magerum.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

Pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin pop tarts? :love: Look at my diary too. Ice cream EVERYDAY! And I've lost 121lbs. What's it supposed to explain?

That you guys rock, and have figured out how to lose weight healthily, without cutting out the things you love.

And that therefore we should listen to you with an open mind at least. :drinker:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Been here almost 2-1/2 years and says sugar is not bad:
    7584267.png

Been here over 2-1/2 years and says sugar is bad:
    5999091.png

Am I the only one who notices tickers?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

It explains why I seethe in jealousy every time I see his name. Seethe.

Other than that, can't imagine what you mean. Unless you're jealous too?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Serious?

I hope you meant that in a positive context and not a negative context.

158lbs is a great accomplishment.

Before my pregnancy I lost 70lbs. My diet consisted of a scale and measuring cup. Because my self destructive mindset I couldn't make any food bad.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

There are also many who start as academics or scientists who get tired of applying for grants, publishing in journals and lecturing grad students and would rather write NY Times best sellers, be friends with Oprah and get on TV.

We call those scientists brilliant
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

For me it explain that magerum is a beast. I want to be his metabolism when I grow up.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Regardless if it is a scapegoat or not, maybe the negative press will lead to more personal accountability? Unlikely I know given the devil taint that the media loves to add for ratings., but hopefully. The recent show on CBC could have been so much more useful. I think the parents at the beginning were a real sign of how clueless most are (or want to be because crap is so yummy).
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Regardless if it is a scapegoat or not, maybe the negative press will lead to more personal accountability? Unlikely I know given the devil taint that the media loves to add for ratings., but hopefully. The recent show on CBC could have been so much more useful. I think the parents at the beginning were a real sign of how clueless most are (or want to be because crap is so yummy).
    Meh. The CBC is a nepotistic clusterfark of poor journalism.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    If sugar were magically made into an impossible molecule and there was no more sugar ever in the world, would there be any impact to the health and/or weight of human beings? I don't know, but I suspect there might be.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    If sugar were magically made into an impossible molecule and there was no more sugar ever in the world, would there be any impact to the health and/or weight of human beings? I don't know, but I suspect there might be.

yes and not in a good way since our bodies NEED sugar. :noway:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

It would certainly impact my mental health.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    769.gif

bab.gif