Mcdonalds salads....are these thing healthy?

Replies

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Srsly though. McDonald's salads are perfectly healthy. The only ingredients are regular ol vegetables. And the salad dressings are Newman's Own.

42e

You have the world's best collection of gifs.

What?!
    UEnbfbO.gif

It's true.

ETA: Thanks, too. Lol... Meant to put that in there in the first place.
  • Determined82
    Determined82 Posts: 455 Member
    I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken. I use the ENTIRE packet of ranch too! I don't care what anyone says, its damn good for only 400 calories!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Old thread is old.
    But it is true.... You can eat a salad at mcdonalds and have it be.... Wait for it.... Healthy.

Eta: I still want to try the double down.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken. I use the ENTIRE packet of ranch too! I don't care what anyone says, its damn good for only 400 calories!

I'm always of the opinion that people who get fussed about 400 calorie salads or the 14 grams of fat (I had salmon yesterday. It had more than 14g of fat) or sugar in salad dressing are actually eating decidedly small amounts of food.

Again, this is just my opinion.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    My only question is on the quality. I cant tell you the number of times I get a mushy tomato or wilted lettuce. :explode:

That's actually interesting. I've had dozens of McD's salads, and never had a bad tomato or wilted lettuce.

Never? I always get the stupid squashy, mushy grape tomatoes or that brown carrot thing. But I do admit to being a produce snob. AKA I'm the person standing there for hours in the produce section fondling the apples (it may border on inappropriate)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    The real crime is the price they charge for them. : )
  • ldrosophila
    My only question is on the quality. I cant tell you the number of times I get a mushy tomato or wilted lettuce. :explode:

That happens when I buy stuff at the grocery store though?

More fruit fondling! Fondled produce is happy produce.
  • ldrosophila
    The real crime is the price they charge for them. : )

ooooo good point. Yeah we need to talk about the profit margin on these salads.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Oh wow, here comes the funny people with their Gifs and sarcastic remarks... can't you people just be supportive.

Loose weight for life!
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    What the hell is going on in this thread?

McDonald's is awesome:

20130926_123628-1_20130926131325730.jpg

See.... THIS is why we love you! :love: :heart: :love:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Oh wow, here comes the funny people with their Gifs and sarcastic remarks... can't you people just be supportive.

Loose weight for life!

I support food freedom by telling people it's OK to eat food they like. I won't support food fear.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    ^^ Why are you being so mean?
  • zensugi
    zensugi Posts: 76

It has happened to me only once. I took it back to he counter, they were apologetic and offer me any other meal for free.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Mac Donald's clever marketing tool was to introduce 'salads', in the hope that you would have 'fries with that'.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Mac Donald's clever marketing tool was to introduce 'salads', in the hope that you would have 'fries with that'.

There are no combos that include fries with salads, and if you buy a salad they don't ask you if you want fries with it.

Things don't become true just because you want them to be.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member

What's mean about pointing out that a salad, no matter where you buy it, is not unhealthful?
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    McDonalds salads can be "healthy" as long as you don't mind sodium. If you get the grilled chicken, you are getting grilled chicken breast and veggies--very healthy. Unfortunately sodium is added to make it taste good. You can get the light salad dressing and have a meal with very few calories with protein and fiber. Again, just need to know that you're going to be getting extra sodium.

Honestly I don't think that chicken resembles chicken. Just look at how the mc nuggets are made, I don't trust anything from mc donalds... except for fries maybe (not that it's healthy) and milkshakes.
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member

What's mean about pointing out that a salad, no matter where you buy it, is not unhealthful?

Yeah and subway is always healthy.
  • what is mfp?
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    I (personally, IMHO) would only have the salad as a one-off thing as in... don't incorporate it as a usual item into your diet!
This discussion has been closed.