Who is starting fresh Monday?

Options

Replies

• nroberson57
    Options
    I am 56 and weight loss is harder than ever plus things seem to get flabbier everyday...we can do this, I know we can!:smile:
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm also starting over Monday. I've got about 280 pounds to lose, and I have fooled around too long. Today I bought a weekly planner for 2014, and I wrote down weight loss goals for each week. If I can lose 5 pounds a week, I will be down to 160 by December 2014. It will be a very hard 14 months for me, but I'm out of time. So count me in!
  • SpencerMama
    Options
    meeeee. ive got 60lbs to go and i havent been working out. ive got to start keeping up! its hard to get in the excersise with a baby crawling under my feet!
  • flannery2012
    flannery2012 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just want to wish each of you good luck and share with you what has really worked for me:

Don't keep starting over - just keep going. None of us are perfect - accept it and move on. There is no wagon to get back on. There is no jump starting your weight loss. There is just doing. Everyday.

Eat the foods you like to eat. Just work really hard on teaching yourself moderation. Then you won't be freaking out when Thanksgiving and other holidays come around. Keep going.

Weigh and measure everything. Log everything. If you don't do this - you will NEVER understand the amount of food you should be eating. Once you do that, start looking at your macros.

Start moving more. The more you move the better you will feel! Try lots of things and find something that you love to do. Then be consistent about doing it. It's not necessary to exercise to lose weight, but you will feel so much better!

Forget about your end goal. When I changed my mindset to focus on my health - I stopped obsessing about the scale. I made my decisions, focused on getting healthy. I will be doing this for the rest of my life.

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:

You are so inspiring! I am just recently realizing that maybe 'dieting' is a crock. I have been trying to make better choices meal by meal, move more and stay under my calorie goal--lo and behold, it seems to be working! (not to say I've abandoned all tricks like fewer carbs at night--this helps too. :smile: )
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm starting tomorrow too! This is probably the 999th Monday I've started and I want it to be the last "starting" Monday I do. I'm 54 and I'm tired of telling people that I used to be skinny....I want to be skinny and say "when I used to be fat". I need support and I'll be a good support buddy too.
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    (Sigh) Well, folks, I too will start fresh on Monday but frankly I'm out of ideas. No "program" I do seems to work for me anymore. I'm 55 years old and probably screwed up my metabolism with decades of stupid diets.

So perhaps Monday morning I'll start fresh by just eating as healthy as I can and not worrying about it too much. How about you? :-)

I feel a bit like this myself
    But Monday is a new day and the start of a new week.
    So
    Count me in too. :smile:
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    me im starting fresh tomorrow...i have been on this weight loss journey since feb of 2013...and only lost 17 pounds.i was doing great until may when my son was on summer break.then i thought when school would start back i would go back to working out i did for alil bit then started slackin again.i started going to a dietitian i started seeing slow progress but not alot.so now im doing a new approach.lets see if it works starting tomorrow(monday)
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    MEEEEE!

I've been very slack for a very long time, so I've started over. Feel free to add me, I'm awesome :p
  • ZippyTheWonderbat
    Options
    Good luck and congratulations on your restart. I've been exercising but that's about it. I am restarting today as well.
  • kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ME!! I lost about 40 last year and now I've nearly gained it all back.... time to start again. TODAY :)
    feel free to add me!
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    After I saw the pictures (i promise, I look horrible ) I was in on Saturday's party, I decided today is the day to start!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just want to wish each of you good luck and share with you what has really worked for me:

Don't keep starting over - just keep going. None of us are perfect - accept it and move on. There is no wagon to get back on. There is no jump starting your weight loss. There is just doing. Everyday.

Eat the foods you like to eat. Just work really hard on teaching yourself moderation. Then you won't be freaking out when Thanksgiving and other holidays come around. Keep going.

Weigh and measure everything. Log everything. If you don't do this - you will NEVER understand the amount of food you should be eating. Once you do that, start looking at your macros.

Start moving more. The more you move the better you will feel! Try lots of things and find something that you love to do. Then be consistent about doing it. It's not necessary to exercise to lose weight, but you will feel so much better!

Forget about your end goal. When I changed my mindset to focus on my health - I stopped obsessing about the scale. I made my decisions, focused on getting healthy. I will be doing this for the rest of my life.

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:

/thread
  • Mergan
    Mergan Posts: 2
    Options
    Me! Started P90X over this morning, this time I'm getting my diet in line as well :)
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I need to lose about 70lbs by next Oct, i'm getting married then!... So starting today i'm doing just that!
    We all can do this!!!
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    i start fresh every day .
  • goodbyecc
    Options
    me ......i have 70 pounds to loose...lets do this thing one day at a time
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am in I have 1- 20 to go !

Tonight I am going for a run!
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi ShrinkingGing,

I'll join you. Just started today after getting weighed this week at a proper weigh station (where the scales don't drop 5lbs if you stand on them in a different way!) I want to lose 20lbs by Christmas day - that's about 2lb a week.
    Really want to increase the exercise too, and gain lots of energy.

My plan of action is to focus on low calorie healthy natural foods that I genuinely love like home made soups and grilled veggies etc.
    Also, I want to cut out all sugary and processed foods, and alcohol. Not just to lose weight but because of the lethargy and mood swings they bring on.

Today so far: home made low fat banana smoothie for breakfast, home made veg soup with a fresh pear and some cheese for lunch.

Dinner will be roast herbed chicken and steamed greens.
  • tacobella2013
    Options
    MEEEE!!!! I was off MFP for a month..Im guilt ridden and sad and I am starting over today!!!! I am with you :)
  • fenix2007
    Options
    Me too! How does this work?:glasses:
This discussion has been closed.