Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    With clothes on. Just to show how goddam bulky i am. Lost all my curves too.

pic1_zpsd5013007.jpg

"Bulky" legs:

myfit_zps9a27e8a7.jpg

I definitely look like a guy:

myfit2_zps1947405c.jpg

No curves at all:

iulia067_zps0d256304.jpg
    iulia069_zps9007760b.jpg
    20130917_151352_3_zps2fa0a8f5.jpg
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    With clothes on. Just to show how goddam bulky i am. Lost all my curves too.

pic1_zpsd5013007.jpg

"Bulky" legs:

myfit_zps9a27e8a7.jpg

I definitely look like a guy:

myfit2_zps1947405c.jpg

No curves at all:

iulia067_zps0d256304.jpg
    iulia069_zps9007760b.jpg
    20130917_151352_3_zps2fa0a8f5.jpg
    WOW!!! Fantastic! You are stunning!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member

Thank you!:blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • maz165
    maz165 Posts: 73 Member
    I love every single one of these threads! You ladies look freaking amazing.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member

Thank you!:blushing: :flowerforyou:

I agree, wow!!!
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    I've just made my way through this entire thread, all you women are amazing! I've had to pick my jaw up a few times!
  • Bump
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    I was just showing this thread to a coworker last week! So awesome...
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    So glad I came across this thread! I am starting to lift weights more and do less cardio (well I'm currently at NO cardio since I knocked a tendon loose in my foot). I haven't been worried about bulking up, but I have been worried about not being able to lose enough weight! Ready to start
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I was just e-mailing Lea today about how people still bump the shirlit out of her stuff... KISMET.

Also, I guess I'll throw my hat in.

<-- Going on 15 months of heavy lifting. Super bulky. No curves. Etc. etc.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I was just e-mailing Lea today about how people still bump the shirlit out of her stuff... KISMET.

Get out. You're too bulky.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member

Get out. You're too bulky.

NO YOU.
  • I'm a runner. I lost about 60 pounds and ended up with a muffin top stomach. After I read about lifting, I tried it out just with two 4 pound dumb bells. My stomach is flat, incredible composition change. Also, my arms are toned. Also, I can eat more and not gain. I'd be crazy no to lift, it does wonders to your figure.

I can't thank you ladies posting above for your pics. Without you is be losing weight, but looking 'fat' for lack of a better word.

Lifting makes you look everything you ever wanted to look and more. Scale is just a number and low number doesn't necessarily mean you look great.
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    IN :bigsmile:

Hoping to add my own photos soon

me too!
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    In to one day add my own photo. Love it ladies!
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    <
    no lifting anything other than bodyweight. Bulky? Skinny fat?

How is this relevant to someone sharing the successes they achieved through heavy lifting.

Hijacking is probably more appropriate in some other place than success stories. Even if you've never been fat.
  • flannery2012
    flannery2012 Posts: 58 Member
    read later
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    I'm a runner. I lost about 60 pounds and ended up with a muffin top stomach. After I read about lifting, I tried it out just with two 4 pound dumb bells. My stomach is flat, incredible composition change. Also, my arms are toned. Also, I can eat more and not gain. I'd be crazy no to lift, it does wonders to your figure.

I can't thank you ladies posting above for your pics. Without you is be losing weight, but looking 'fat' for lack of a better word.

Lifting makes you look everything you ever wanted to look and more. Scale is just a number and low number doesn't necessarily mean you look great.

That's cool, thank you for being honest! I find lifting boring so I'm happy being active in other ways. :)

:huh:

That's great if that's what you prefer, however, this is OP's success story - Not sure how this post is relevant.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    I can't wait until I'm strong enough to start lifting heavy. I'm only doing dumbells and machines right now, except for weighted squats on the squat rack, but I'm sure even what I'm doing is better than not doing it at all! Once I up the weight of what I'm doing significantly I'd be up for trying something like Stronglifts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!