Rude and Unsupportive Posts.

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    By the title, I thought you were talking about how someone is nice enough to post a recipe, then 10 people pick it apart and jump down their throat because it's not to their liking. Lots of trolls on this site...it's like being back in grade school.
    And there's that word again ....

Soeey, but if you post a recipe for pasta sauce poured over lettuce and call it lasagna, people are going to laugh at you.

This is a site where people are trying to lose weight. Why should you "laugh" at someone or "bully" someone because you don't like the recipe? That's being childish....move on. When I see a new recipe, I like to see if people have made it as well and hear their honest opinion, not some bs and grade school humor. This site is to help people lose weight, I don't want a recipe for a nutella pie or full fat lasagna.
    It's a site full of human beings, some of whom possess a sense of humor.

People who bully always think they are funny, being humorous is something altogether different.
    You clearly don't know what bullying is.
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Nutella PIE? Is that a real thing? I want that thing!

(though I made 'mac and cheese' with spaghetti squash last week [and it was delicious])
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    That's life. Not everyone is always going to be on the same page as you....and they shouldn't have to be. We are all entitled to have our own beliefs. And if you try to shove your own beliefs down someone else's throat you may not like the response you get.
    Yes. How dare you refute someone's belief with actual science and try to shove that science down that person's throat.

Actually I have a very scientific mind and I don't agree with cleanses and detox's. I believe the body does it just fine on it's own. But I also believe that it's a person's own right to choose their own path. I was merely stating that in life there are people that will argue with you that black is white and vise versa and you'll never change their mind. Sometimes you just have to step away.
    That isn't what you said.

Ahhhhh big sighhhhh.................sometimes it's so very hard but. This is the stepping away part.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    death_to_all_juice.jpg
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Again with the drama.... so much DRAMA on this forum... *scary background music* 'BEWARE The Dangers Of Juicing!'.

What's the worst that could happen - the lid falls off the juicer and the kitchen is pebbledashed with blueberries? :laugh:

Oh, I see. So the actual dangers are a joke to you.
    Got it.

What's funny is this thread isn't even about juicing/detoxing. It was just used as an example. I love it when people don't take the time to read the entire thread and feel they are an expert on what is being talked about.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    death_to_all_juice.jpg

escalated.gif
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    By the title, I thought you were talking about how someone is nice enough to post a recipe, then 10 people pick it apart and jump down their throat because it's not to their liking. Lots of trolls on this site...it's like being back in grade school.

Soeey, but if you post a recipe for pasta sauce poured over lettuce and call it lasagna, people are going to laugh at you.

This is a site where people are trying to lose weight. Why should you "laugh" at someone or "bully" someone because you don't like the recipe? That's being childish....move on. When I see a new recipe, I like to see if people have made it as well and hear their honest opinion, not some bs and grade school humor. This site is to help people lose weight, I don't want a recipe for a nutella pie or full fat lasagna.

People who bully always think they are funny, being humorous is something altogether different.

If you "laugh" at someone and basically call them a dork (in so many words) how is that humorous?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

If you "laugh" at someone and basically call them a dork (in so many words) how is that humorous?
    Laughing at a person and laughing at ideas are not the same thing. The problem is you fail to see the difference.

If I say something stupid in front of a friend or family member, I'm going to get called out. It happens. I have this odd ability to laugh along with that person when I realize how stupid what I said was. This place is no different. Just because people have sticks up their rear ends doesn't make something less funny.
  • Kadoober
    Options

What's funny is this thread isn't even about juicing/detoxing. It was just used as an example. I love it when people don't take the time to read the entire thread and feel they are an expert on what is being talked about.

I've read every post on this thread, and mentioned nothing specific.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Again with the drama.... so much DRAMA on this forum... *scary background music* 'BEWARE The Dangers Of Juicing!'.

What's the worst that could happen - the lid falls off the juicer and the kitchen is pebbledashed with blueberries? :laugh:

Got it.

There are ACTUAL dangers from juicing? *strokes beard* *raises eyebrow* Tell me more...
  • trackme
    Options
    Nutella PIE? Is that a real thing? I want that thing!

(though I made 'mac and cheese' with spaghetti squash last week [and it was delicious])

I want that mac and cheese recipe! Take a jar of Nutella, add 4 eggs, blend and put in a pie shell, or so I read!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Got it.

There are ACTUAL dangers from juicing? *strokes beard* *raises eyebrow* Tell me more...

Yes, there are actual dangers.

"Juicing" involves extremely low calorie intake, and virtually zero protein and fat intake. It's incredibly bad for the body. It's starvation.

Your cavalier, mocking attitude towards eating disorders is disgusting.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

I've read every post on this thread, and mentioned nothing specific.

I wasn't saying you didn't. I agree with what you said. I was talking about the one you quoted.

ETA: Sorry I should have differentiated before.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I saw ketones and or raspberry referenced; bumping....
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

Got it.

Yes, there are actual dangers.

"Juicing" involves extremely low calorie intake, and virtually zero protein and fat intake. It's incredibly bad for the body. It's starvation.

Your cavalier, mocking attitude towards eating disorders is disgusting.

505cba97afa96f7a59001243.gif
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Some people will just argue for the sake of arguing, especially those who are uneducated in a topic. ** before I get hate mail I just want to clarify, I said in a topic as in a specific topic, not in general **
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to find out for themselves. There are those that may agree with you and there are those who will not agree! It goes with the territory. I try to be supportive of everyone,

But I mat not agree with what people say. We are all individuals with our own minds!! Don't take it personal
  • Kadoober
    Options

...sigh... in spite of the fact that I'm sure you already know this:

Lack of fat in diet
    Lack of protein in diet
    Lack of fiber in diet

How is starving the body anything BUT dangerous? C'mon!

(apologies, this is not the thread for this)

*eta* That it's one thing to supplement your diet with fresh juices, it's another entirely to make juice your entire diet. That's just asking for trouble.
  • trackme
    Options

Laughing at a person and laughing at ideas are not the same thing. The problem is you fail to see the difference.

If I say something stupid in front of a friend or family member, I'm going to get called out. It happens. I have this odd ability to laugh along with that person when I realize how stupid what I said was. This place is no different. Just because people have sticks up their rear ends doesn't make something less funny.

I hear what your saying, but the women who posted a recipe for "cauliflower breadsticks" did not have a stick up her rear and no one needed to call her out. She was simply posting a recipe, (as an example) which was creative and could be diet friendly. But instead all she got was flack by a bunch of whiny crybabies. If they wanted to be funny, make it humorous, not derogatory. I like a good laugh too.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

...sigh... in spite of the fact that I'm sure you already know this:

Lack of fat in diet
    Lack of protein in diet
    Lack of fiber in diet

How is starving the body anything BUT dangerous? C'mon!

(apologies, this is not the thread for this)

High five.

You brought logic to the table. I think it'll be lost on someone.
This discussion has been closed.