Wearing makeup to the gym

Options
15678911»

Replies

• hayleyrenea
    Options
    My mother-in-law does this. She says it makes her feel better about herself... Personally I just don't get it.
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    I would use the treadmill behind your stairclimber...

Ummm... thanks, I guess lol

Don't think they were giving you a compliment...
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    aint got time for that! i look like balls at the gym!
  • TheLiv
    TheLiv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why some people are so aggravated by seeing people in the gym with make up on! I don't like my skin: I never have and I never will. My complexion is uneven and I'm prone to spots. Even if I'm getting up at 6am to go to the gym, I am sure as hell putting my make up on! I have to walk to the gym, and I don't want people seeing my naked face even if it is the crack of dawn. The fact that I decide to wear make up to the gym doesn't automatically mean I'm not going to put any effort into my workout, and it doesn't mean I'm just there to try and attract guys. I'm going to the gym to improve both my mood and my fitness, and going to push myself as hard as I can.

I personally have never even noticed if anyone else at the gym is wearing make up - I get there, I do my thing, and I leave. It just makes me feel quite disheartened that certain people seem to look down on others simply because they want to feel a bit better about themselves. Believe me, I am extremely happy for you if you are comfortable enough in your own skin to go to the gym with no make up on, but that doesn't give *anyone* the right to make assumptions about why I'm wearing make up.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Makeup on, gym bag in vehicle, its almost time to head out of this hospital and head straight to the gym to sweat it off just like it like it!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me want to bang my head against the wall as hard as humanly possible.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of ladies at the gym I go to now wear a full face of makeup just to work out. I can't understand why someone would put an entire face of makeup on unless they weren't going to work hard enough to sweat it off.

Don't get me wrong, I don't always go completely bare faced. I am very fair with blonde eyebrows, so I do pencil them in just a bit so I don't look albino... but aside from that why would anyone bother? Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me.

Go to a (reputable) salon/spa and get them tinted (you can do your eyelashes too, so no more mascara) it lasts about 8 weeks (for the eyelashes too) ... The dye is henna-based ... I do this, it's 50$ every 2 months, well worth it ...

Anyways, wearing make-up to the gym is stupid ... now, if you've put it on in the morning and went to work, then went to the gym after; that's a reason to be wearing make-up to the gym, but putting it on for the sole purpose of working out, pointless ...
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me want to bang my head against the wall as hard as humanly possible.

Agreed!! And I started the frackin thing... will it ever stop I ask myself? *sigh*
  • seonayoon657
    Options
    Personally, I don't wear makeup to the gym... however the reason they wear it must be the reason women wear makeup outside of the gym lol... to feel better about themselves. i don't think there's anything wrong with that... people are people they can do what they want ;)
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    while totally ridiculous and I have no idea how they sweat in it - I totally appreciate chicks who bring the A game to the gym

that being said I pretty much roll out of bed and hit it so I have no idea how anybody does all that
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I wear make-up to my marathons. Runner's world interviewed an Olympian who does the same and what she said made perfect sense to me, " If you feel great about the way you look, you will confident and perform great" Ever since then, I've worn my make-up.

After all the overwhelming responses to this thread I decided to wear some makeup to the gym on days that I lift weights -- because I'm staring at myself in the mirror the whole time -- and it really did make me feel better about myself. I stayed there longer and pushed myself harder because I liked the way I looked. I totally get it now :)

And thank you for responding to my question in a polite manner :smile:

I try not to be rude. Lets be honest, I would say about roughly 75% of women own some piece of make-up. No one criticizes their reasons for where and when they do, so who cares if someone likes it at the gym. Its a personal decision aimed at making an individual feel better about themselves. And I'm glad wearing makeup to the gym made a difference for you - afterall you are there to feel better about yourself in every way shape or form. Also, what others have seemingly forgot about is waterproof makeup. It works wonders. Keep up the good work doll :)
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    The only "getting ready" that I do for the gym is make sure my phone still has some battery left, my earbuds, water, and tie my hair up so it doesn't fly all over the place when I get into a good pace.
    But makeup? lol.. No thank you. I don't want to look like I'm having an emotional tear-filled crisis when I leave the gym.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I'm too busy working out to check out the other chicks at the gym. :wink:

Perfume. Now that's another thread entirely!!!!!!!!:noway:
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm too busy working out to check out the other chicks at the gym. :wink:

Perfume. Now that's another thread entirely!!!!!!!!:noway:

Oh no....don't even get me going on the perfume thing! Yuckkkkk!