Keyboard Warriors

Options

Replies

• Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Some days it is just tooooo easy to prove a point to myself.
    Good job everybody.
    Look at all the rude things people replied. And I wasn't even asking for help.
    Most of you assumed that i have been given advice but refused to listen to it without even knowingme.
    Some of yyou even made rude comments because I used the CAPS lock in random places b
    Really?

Toooo easy.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    This is probably the tamest forum I have ever been a part of actually.

This thread needs bacon though......cause bacon is awesome.
    f3f.jpg
    There you go. With chocolate. :love:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Anyone?

Is it an 'either or', really? So people can EITHER have friendly, polite, encouraging replies OR honest feedback. They can't have both? Why?

Because it's the internet? :grumble:

There really is no reason that honest feedback has to be rude. And a lot of it here on MFP, frankly, is pretty rude. It's one thing to go Keyboard Nuke on a clown in the 19th sequel of a Paleo or CrossFit (or whatever) thread, it's another when it's clearly a person in some distress who equally clearly doesn't understand why things have gone off the rails.
    Thank you. :) people forget that you don't have to be an a**hole just because it is the internet.
    I've seen people become very discouraged and give up because some skinny *kitten* lifter tells them it only works if you do it MY way.

The problem with those people who go off the rails and don't understand why is that SO MANY of them argue tooth and nail that everyone else is wrong about why.
  • _Bajiggity
    _Bajiggity Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    oh boy.........
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    This is probably the tamest forum I have ever been a part of actually.

This thread needs bacon though......cause bacon is awesome.
    f3f.jpg
    There you go. With chocolate. :love:

Beauty eh?

Thank you kindly.

On that note I bought some bacon Jerky today.......yummy.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Some people are sweet like bear meat, and others are just naturally sugar free.

tumblr_l2tpx30hvB1qz92vfo1_500.png

Woah, that's deep man...

10gvO.gif
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Anyone?

Is it an 'either or', really? So people can EITHER have friendly, polite, encouraging replies OR honest feedback. They can't have both? Why?

There really is no reason that honest feedback has to be rude. And a lot of it here on MFP, frankly, is pretty rude. It's one thing to go Keyboard Nuke on a clown in the 19th sequel of a Paleo or CrossFit (or whatever) thread, it's another when it's clearly a person in some distress who equally clearly doesn't understand why things have gone off the rails.
    Thank you. :) people forget that you don't have to be an a**hole just because it is the internet.
    I've seen people become very discouraged and give up because some skinny *kitten* lifter tells them it only works if you do it MY way.

Really?? Skinny *kitten* lifter? And you're not a keyboard warrior or anything, right? So I'm sure you would walk up to a, as you call them, "skinny *kitten* lifter" in the gym and start telling them off for giving advice. Why don't you do that sometime...
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    is there cake here?

No, but I'm about to go buy an ice cream cake. You want me to save you some?
    YYESSSSSSSSS
    I HOPE you have ENOUGH for EVERYone. :love:

l.jpg

The medium ROUND is supposed to SERVE 10. I figure THAT means me, Cranq, and TWO to four other PEOPLE.

IN!!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Anyone?

Has it occurred to you that most of the skinny people on MFP weren't always skinny, and know a thing or two about successful weight loss?

Given the choice between listening to blunt successful people, and saccharine sweet supportive unsuccessful people, I know which choice I made.

Now I'm a blunt successful person too. Go figure.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It's not like we say things like "just stay fat"

We? Can I gently remind you that you don't speak for me.

It's YOU...:noway: you run around saying it..AMG not nice
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Good job everybody.
    Most of you assumed that i have been given advice but refused to listen to it without even knowingme.
    Some of yyou even made rude comments because I used the CAPS lock in random places b
    Really?

Toooo easy.

I didn't see anyone making the assumptions that you had been given advice. I must have missed it.

However, I think you shuold know that you are already 500 over on your sodium for the day, and you are going to die.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Some people are sweet like bear meat, and others are just naturally sugar free.

tumblr_l2tpx30hvB1qz92vfo1_500.png

Woah, that's deep man...

10gvO.gif

1170_1236646826720_400_289.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    is there cake here?

No, but I'm about to go buy an ice cream cake. You want me to save you some?
    YYESSSSSSSSS
    I HOPE you have ENOUGH for EVERYone. :love:

l.jpg

The medium ROUND is supposed to SERVE 10. I figure THAT means me, Cranq, and TWO to four other PEOPLE.
    :angry:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Anyone?

I really don't see a lot of people around here saying "You have to do it my way" meaning you have to do everything exactly like i do. I see people who say, "You are human, and that means to lose weight you need to have a calorie deficit, and starvation is not a helathy way to do so." I think the majority of people say find what works for you to get to a deficiti, and go with it. That means having accurate logging, and if you think you are being accurate and still failing, you need to make a change. They then offer alternatives to what the person is currently doing. For instance, "instead of eyeballing servings, weigh or measure exact servings". That's not saying there aren't people who can eyeball a serving, or that don't needd to log everything. They are just trying to help the folks who are having issues by offering their experiences.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Has it occurred to you that most of the skinny people on MFP weren't always skinny, and know a thing or two about successful weight loss?

Given the choice between listening to blunt successful people, and saccharine sweet supportive unsuccessful people, I know which choice I made.

No offence but I've NEVER seen you giving any advice on here. I could be wrong, please correct me if I am! Come to think of it, I've never seen any of the people posting on this thread giving any advice on here. Some of them post on a few threads but it wouldn't come under the heading of 'advice'. Perhaps y'all aren't as 'helpful' as you're claiming to be? Just putting it out there... more than happy to be proved wrong. :smile:

That's because you put all the helpful people on ignore.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    a_560x375.jpg
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Good job everybody.
    Really?

Toooo easy.

I didn't see anyone making the assumptions that you had been given advice. I must have missed it.

However, I think you shuold know that you are already 500 over on your sodium for the day, and you are going to die.

Snowflake, you are full of win and tacos!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

No offence but I've NEVER seen you giving any advice on here. I could be wrong, please correct me if I am! Come to think of it, I've never seen any of the people posting on this thread giving any advice on here. Some of them post on a few threads but it wouldn't come under the heading of 'advice'. Perhaps y'all aren't as 'helpful' as you're claiming to be? Just putting it out there... more than happy to be proved wrong. :smile:

uhhh. this is ridiculous. ok, so I'm only in here because this is a silly thread and that's what I do. I generally do not give advice because I don't know what the **** I am talking about and I am the first to admit that, but I have seen pretty much everyone else in here give it. good advice, too. actually, some of their advice is directly responsible for the number on my ticker. I would say that there are quite a few people who really are as "helpful" as they "claim".
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Funny... If you click on his thread history... The one immediately prior to his post here seemed pretty helpful to me.
    Are you sure you meant NEVER?

The text in bold has just killed any credibility you may have had.

You've NEVER seen ANY of the people that are in this thread give advice?
    NEVER EVER?
    EVER?

Not even once?

Are you even ACTIVE on this site? Because if you were, then you clearly have severe blinders on.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

That's because you put all the helpful people on ignore.

now I'm way less confused. thanks for clearing it up for me!
This discussion has been closed.