Moms that lost belly hang, extra flab, stretch marks..

Options

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Just be proud of your two sets of twins! How special!
    I actually bumped up this thread about a week ago or so because I found everyone's stories and pics very inspiring!! And then I took my current pic and compared it to last year and I was shocked by the results!!

I've given birth via c-section to 2 sets of twins, ages 6 and 8. I still have a VERY long way to go until my body is exactly the way I want it but I'm proud of how far I've come in the last year!

Strength training, in addition to cardio, is key (in my opinion!!)

24d48900-6a9b-40be-a4ae-9cee0d1ee630_zps29ca4a25.jpg
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
    Excuse that stupid line that is just barely starting to go away lol I had my baby end of July This pic is Oct 2012

octafterbaby_zps6919ca3a.jpg

here is Feb 2013

me03_zps34738587.jpeg

VICTORIASECRETSFEB_zpsd5bf793c.jpeg
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found this thread. I have been very reluctant to start exercising because I thought the overhang belly would never go away, even with exercise. Your pictures have been awesome and I am now ready to put in a 110 percent effort to getting in shape.
    I am just wondering if you all did more cardio or core/strenth training to get your great bodies? Thanks for the post. Great Job!!
    STRENGTH! And as for core, no crunches - mostly TvA work for me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections and 3 VBACs. My last c-section was 4 years ago. This was taken a few days ago. I lift heavy and it helps.
    30cx5ht.jpg
    2ywviw6.jpg
  • Kaylyn221
    Options
    Okay so this was my belly progress after my first c/s 5yrs ago but thought it would be fitting to share in this thread as motivation, not only for all of you but for myself as well as I just had my baby girl 3 weeks ago {c-section} and will be along for the journey again :)

2e8293a4-3296-49f4-af5e-f662476c9e27_zpseb9abbb1.jpg
  • mshellebean27
    Options
    It's nice to see I'm not the only mom struggling with the belly issue. You all have done a wonderful job and look amazing!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    that is the biggest thing I despise, 2 c/s and 2 surgeries, I need to the lose weight and have one more surgery, a tummy tuck!!!!
  • jbolarinho88
    Options
    Okay so this was my belly progress after my first c/s 5yrs ago but thought it would be fitting to share in this thread as motivation, not only for all of you but for myself as well as I just had my baby girl 3 weeks ago {c-section} and will be along for the journey again :)

2e8293a4-3296-49f4-af5e-f662476c9e27_zpseb9abbb1.jpg

wow u look great! congrats on your precious baby!!
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    These before and afters are amazing! It definitely gives me a boost of confidence that over time I can reshape my midsection. I don't mind the tiger stripes all that much, but I really want to have the skin tighten up and for the muscle in my abs and obliques to become more noticeable. Seeing all of you it reminds me that with the right amount of dedication and hard work (and patience!) I can get there! :D
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    250 lbs 2 C-sections and down to 117 lbs

wsk9ao.jpg
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    bamshunny, you look great! Fast progress, too. You must be working hard :smile:.

And thanks, ladies, for the compliments! It's been a lot of work, but I've really enjoyed it so far :smile: .

Goalpeace: My secret isn't much of one, thankfully! I haven't been cutting out any foods (in fact, I've eaten a chocolate chip cookie or two most days this week), just sticking to 1300 net calories per day, eating any exercise calories I want or am hungry for. (I'm only 5'0"). I try to make sure I get more protein than I used to, and I space it out throughout the day so that I'm not too hungry.

In terms of exercise, it's been Zumba roughly 3 times per week, weightlifting class once or twice a week, and running here and there when a class won't fit into the picture. I figure I should get all the exercise I can in while I'm still on maternity leave! Less than 3 months left before I'm back to work. I think that will be where the real challenge is, but I'm up to it!

You have done great!!! Keep up the healthy life style.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options

wsk9ao.jpg

Another amazing lady!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    that is the biggest thing I despise, 2 c/s and 2 surgeries, I need to the lose weight and have one more surgery, a tummy tuck!!!!

I've had 2 c-sections, you don't have to have a tummy tuck, I refuse to have surgery to fix things like this.

v2qpty.jpg
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    amazing transformations! You have really done it! Congrats on sayin no to belly hangs and mama aprons!!!:tongue:
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    A work in progress, but so far: BeforeandAfterResized_zps53f6894a.jpg

This picture is 20 lbs down.

I plan on taking another pic early November!

Look forward to seeing your latest pic
    Great job any tips etc xx
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options

wsk9ao.jpg

WOW! AMAZING!!! So reinforces that I TOO can do this!! Thanks for posting. You look incredible and YES, you have earned it!!
  • IvyRose8
    IvyRose8 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and have eight children. It doesn't matter how low my weight gets or how fit I get, I will always have a poochy tummy and droopy boobs UNLESS I get them surgically repaired... which I fully. intend. to do.
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow.. You ladies are awesome. Gives me hope.:flowerforyou:
  • dietka975
    dietka975 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ladies you are great.
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone. Bumping for later
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!