what are you proud of about yourself today?

Replies

• Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Fit into my old leather belt for the first time in 11 years.
    Also (yesterday) crossed the 3700-mile mark on my mini-bike since Sept. 1, 2012.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    There are some fantastic replies. What a positive thread! I love it!!
  • Something I've been wanting to for for a long time. I finally took a day and got up late and then proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the day. And... I don't feel a bit guilty, because i know it will be a long, long time before I can do it again.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Did over 10,000 steps today (5 miles) walking a wee bit more than 2 hours. Instead of gathering my 5 miles over the course of the day, I knocked them out in one fell swoop. For me, this is tremendous! Also, today is day 8 with NO coffee too. So HAPPY about this!!!! :bigsmile:
  • anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    I signed up on here! Also, came in a fraction under my calorie allowance for the day (by 20 calories) so a good start.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Got anew PR at a 10K race. Beat my old PR by 8 minutes! Finished in 1:06:50 :-)
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    went back to the mountain that started this mission, and got further than the last time. However, it's getting cold and snowing on most of the local mountains, so that was probably the last time until Spring. At that time, I hope to make it to the top!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    It's my birthday and I didn't eat like a total spaz NOR did I restrict myself from enjoying treats either (not that I ever do), but other than sodium craziness today has been a great eating day!
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    I was tempted to completely go overboard with eating tonight but kept it reasonable, because I knew I'd be kicking myself if I didn't keep it cool. :)
  • burnooger
    burnooger Posts: 23 Member
    Today I went from Obese to Overweight!! 29.9 BMI... Also, this week I broke a 3 month plateau! :)
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    I did some major housecleaning which I had been putting off and still found time to go for a nice walk.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    I ran a new PR for a Half Marathon 1:46:33 - shaved 4 minutes off from when I ran the same distance in the spring :bigsmile:
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    This is a really great thread. I managed to get in an extra two laps in my half hour swim. That means I'll be able to go over 1/2 mile in 45 minutes this week. I'm almost at a lap a minute including a little rest time between laps when I really need it.............hey, I'm 63 and keeping up with my husband in the pool. I also managed to get an extra glass of water down.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Today I went from Obese to Overweight!! 29.9 BMI... Also, this week I broke a 3 month plateau! :)

Fantastic!
  • dixieracer27
    dixieracer27 Posts: 79 Member
    My arms are looking awesome, I love the muscles that are appearing.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Something I've been wanting to for for a long time. I finally took a day and got up late and then proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the day. And... I don't feel a bit guilty, because i know it will be a long, long time before I can do it again.

This is a HUGE accomplishment, my hubby is just like that...he HATES to kick back and do nothing, so I understand how major this is,,,you ROCK!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    It's my birthday and I didn't eat like a total spaz NOR did I restrict myself from enjoying treats either (not that I ever do), but other than sodium craziness today has been a great eating day!

Happy Birthday to you and many many more--congrats on your wonderful day too!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Ya know, reading these replies are so encouraging and cheerful and inspirational as all get out! I'm sooooo proud of you all and y'all are just super stars, totally! WOOT to you ALL!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    I roasted and ate duck for the first time today.
    I also tried yoga :)
  • kris472
    kris472 Posts: 61 Member
    After a week off, I got right back into c25k. Only 4.5 weeks until my first 5k!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!