what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options

Replies

• munanabanana
    munanabanana Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like this question! I was going to ask this on my facebook yesterday.

Well, its not weight related, but I'm proud of being able to use a relaxation exercise to avert my moodiness and to help me focus on my homework. I'm proud of myself to get my lazy butt out of these four walls. I did good! Good job, me =]
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I am proud I say what I mean and mean what I say and stand behind it 100% I am proud I know who I am and what I am capable of and do not let others make me 2nd guess myself to fit what they think I should be or what they think I should think and say. I am proud of myself for being a wolf and not a sheep among the herds.
  • hopefulat50
    hopefulat50 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am proud that even though I had a really rotten night last night (had a few drinks and gorged out on crackers, cream cheese and dips), I recorded it all and counted all the calories. I really want to do this but I won't give up having a fun night every now and then. That is part of life and good times with family and friends is a must.
    I'll work it off this week!
  • LesaLu4
    LesaLu4 Posts: 83
    Options
    I'm proud that I stood up for myself when someone treated me as if I were an idiot!

That felt amazing!
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    proud that I went for a run this morning- 8.7 km.
    happy that I did not have much of an appetite and did not overeat like I have been the last few days.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am so proud that I completed my first Warrior Dash 2013 in Georgia this weekend....Never thought I would see the day of paying to do an outdoor activity of difficulty...I thoroughly enjoyed it did great...Felt so accomplished and still do....Love this place...had it not been for one of my MFP pals to ask for volunteers it would've happened..
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Something happened last week that made me question whether or not I wanted to keep doing this. So I decided to take a break. Even though I wasn't logging, I still kept working out and attempting to eat right. Apparently I do want to keep doing this so I started logging again today.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Just got back from bowling with the gang a little while ago and WHEW and WOOOO...I haven't been bowling in over a year, and y'all, I was doing it to the maximum. I KNOW my body is going to feel it big time tomorrow for sure. We had sooo much fun and I was actually sweating up a storm. Now, when I bowl, honey, it looks like a pro or something--my hubby said at one point, he though I would start break dancing---hahahahahha. Anyhoo, I miss bowling and maybe I'll join the summer league again, because the exercise was tremendous! Also...I did 9,645 steps today--, I'm proud that I haven't lost the ole touch and did pretty good tonight--WOOT!
  • LesaLu4
    LesaLu4 Posts: 83
    Options
    NewLIFEstyle4 - Thank you so much for starting this thread. It has been amazing to see everyone's successes. What a positive thing! I appreciate you!

And great job on bowling tonight. You still got it!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    NewLIFEstyle4 - Thank you so much for starting this thread. It has been amazing to see everyone's successes. What a positive thing! I appreciate you!

And great job on bowling tonight. You still got it!

{{{{{ :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: LesaLu4 :drinker: :heart: :drinker: }}}}}}}}

Girl, my absolute pleasure and thank you for taking the time and kindness to post--you ROCK, you shero you!!!!!! :smooched:
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I am proud that after 2 weeks break I am accepting the fact I didn't eat the best and getting back on track! Feeling good.
  • JaimeMWS
    JaimeMWS Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm proud that I stayed on my program today despite AM work, a meeting, and cooking dinner for my parents.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm proud of my attitude...inside of taking some pain reliever (because this morning my thigh and arm muscles were really sore), I went for a long walk instead.--hmmmph! That's power baby!!!!!! :drinker: :smooched: :cry:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm proud of my attitude...inside of taking some pain reliever (because this morning my thigh and arm muscles were really sore), I went for a long walk instead.--hmmmph! That's power baby!!!!!! :drinker: :smooched: :cry:

Not only did I walk a long time--this afternoon, I hit 6310 steps and hot a record of doing 30 push-ups. I was sooo determined to hit 10,000 steps today, I walked again this evening for over an hour and hit a total of 11,093 steps...did 20 more push-ups and other exercises outside, as well as some squats and lunges and super high leg ups and hold and burned 536 cals today. The hurting soreness in my legs and arms is completely gone. I am so proud that I am beginning to really LOVE this battle of the bulge and eating&drinking like a queen and moving my body like a shero :flowerforyou:
  • babynun
    babynun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That I made it through another day of workouts and smiled a lot. :happy:
  • closedforrenovation
    Options
    I turned down a very cute man trying to bring me a very non-diet friendly lunch. This is borderline unprecedented!
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    After over a year on my lifestyle change and exercise, I am currently 2 pounds shy of making it halfway to my goal of weight loss.
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    This might sound weird, but... today I am proud of myself because I felt very sick and in pain, so I didn't go to yoga class and I allowed myself a treat for dinner. I'm terrible at moderation and very hard on myself, so to take a break and have a treat when my body needs just that is a huge step for me, especially without just giving up and binging. One night off of exercise and one dinner treat with the understanding that it's a break and a treat is kind of a new thing for me!

But of course tomorrow- back to the gym and counting those calories! :D
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud that I speed walked/jogged (Main speed was 3.0-3.5 but I occasionally went up to 6.0) 2 miles today :) I'm over my calorie limit today. I had wayy too much for lunch so I really don't have room for dinner but I'm still going to eat since I'm hungry. I'm not at all tired from my 2 miles and today I'm going to try for 3 miles :). Today is day 1 of jumping back on the band wagon :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    This might sound weird, but... today I am proud of myself because I felt very sick and in pain, so I didn't go to yoga class and I allowed myself a treat for dinner. I'm terrible at moderation and very hard on myself, so to take a break and have a treat when my body needs just that is a huge step for me, especially without just giving up and binging. One night off of exercise and one dinner treat with the understanding that it's a break and a treat is kind of a new thing for me!

But of course tomorrow- back to the gym and counting those calories! :D

Not weird AT ALL:flowerforyou: I kinda did the same thing myself. Yesterday was my 7th week STRAIGHT with no coffee (I'm a former coffee addict) and today I bought myself a can of organic free trade coffee & hazelnut cream from Trader Joe's. I didn't fix a cup (just to show myself and my body that I'm in control), but tomorrow I will have a cup tomorrow...maybe! You GO Girl, taking a break from eating,drinking or exercising when you need too is just as much POWER as is not--in most instances and I'm proud of you too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!