what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options
I'm super proud of my self right now. I have prepared a huge salad, veggies and baked potato for me and that and other things for the family to eat ( I'm on a 21 days Fast, where I'm only eating fruit, veggies, grains, nuts, seeds and abstaining from processed foods, meats, dairy, fried stuff and other things--just for 21 days). My hubby came home and suggested we go out to one of our favorite junk food places to eat dinner. He said we can eat the healthy stuff tomorrow. I told him no, I want to stay on this. Then he said come-on, you know you want this (he and the children are all slim and trim...I'm the only fat one in the house::blushing: :cry: :indifferent:

So, I said, okay.....

Then I looked at myself in the mirror, put my new bigger sized jeans on and they getting to big already in the waist. I said--No, I'm going to stick this out and you guys can go on ahead. This is a HUGE triumph and resisting temptation for me. It's not like 3 weeks is forever and I want to be ready spiritually, mentally and a bit more slimmer by springtime!

Then they all said, we'll pass too and what a great dinner it was. I'm doing this fast mainly for spiritual reasons, but also for my health and I'm thrilled and proud of myself!

What are you proud of today?!?

Replies

• rmarie98
    rmarie98 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! :) I'm sorry, its pretty tough to turn down fast food especially for me, so thats awesome. :)
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Great Job that is a major achievement and you should be proud!! This may sound silly but someone gave me a compliment about my weight loss and I simply said "thank you" in the past I'd tell them something like "yeah but I still have so much more to loose" Learning to like my new body slowly. Keep up the good work!!!
  • MelSimba
    Options
    Super proud of you! Try to think of how good you feel now, resisting, the next time temptation comes up :)

I'm proud today that even though I wanted to keep eating after I had finished my lunch (not because I was still hungry, I just really love eating, obviously :P ) I instead went for some tea :) It's a small thing, but usually I'd eat enough food to count as two lunches because of my before-and-after snacking!
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing will power. It's so easy to say "yeah, I can start tomorrow". TODAY TODAY TODAY. Lets all start today.
    I'm proud of the fact, that I can't wait to leave work and go to the gym. Who would have thought? LOL
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Is that the Daniel fast? I wasnt able to do it :( You definitely should be proud of yourself! That rocks :D

I am proud that today I ran longer than ive ever been able to in my whole life :D
  • leypb
    leypb Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have stuck to under 1500 calories, I have done over an hour each of learning Spanish and Polish and I feel happier for it.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am proud I went to the gym at midnight after a long/stressful day at work. I did my cardio and weight lifting and was able to do my arms/shoulders and increased my weight by 20 this week :)
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Someone took my normal 3 sets of dumbells for lateral raises, so I had to go up in weight unintentionally.
    I normally do 15, 12, 10.....10 reps each weight (high to low), 3 rounds.
    But I had to do 22, 20, 17....and pulled it off. No excuses to be at the lower ones anymore.
    Whew.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I am proud that I was able to resist eating more than 2 pieces of pizza for lunch that my boss bought for my department. I could of gorged but I didn't. I am also really proud that I have stuck to my plan to lose weight and eat healthier now.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Congrats on staying focused with your family.

I'm proud that I did a full hour at the gym today and stuck to healthy food choices.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Leg Pressed 1080lb's x 3 at the gym today.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    For not panicking and running out of the classroom screaming when I found out my low-level science class is going to be using much more math than my roughly 9th grade grasp of the subject.....
  • kensgirl2
    kensgirl2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of the fact that I worked out today even tho I reallllllllllllly didn't want to. Normally, I would've said I'd do it tomorrow, but tomorrow usually never comes. So like someone else above said, TODAY TODAY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Proud that I achieved goal weight numero Uno!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Proud that I passed up a chance to take a little road trip shopping with a girlfriend, instead I joined the gym in town and had an hour long session with the personal trainer who said I had a great physique!

ETA: And I also removed the two Oreo cookies from my diary after seeing they were going to put me over my fat goals for the day.
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Proud that I started c25k 6 weeks earlier than I had planned
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! what a way to stick to your guns!!!

I'm proud of where I am already at for only being 22....being a manager at a resort, having my own place, pets, an amazing boyfriend, and i have also lost a total of 16lbs...i want to lose 30 more but i keep reminding myself its not a race and that i've at least lost the 16lbs already so just keep pushing!!!
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am proud that I tried a new class tonight (advanced cardio kickboxing). I was worried that I was going to be the only new person which is why I put it off for so long, but there was another girl who had never taken the class so it was ok. Great sweat session!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of all of you who refused to give in to the "I'll start tomorrow" refrain. Applause! Applause!
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    I had a smoothie for breakfast which I have been trying to do more often now and I did not get hungry or really tempted for a snack. So I instead decided to have a cup of tea. It was more of a boredom at work thing than hungry. But I survived the day and I did well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!