what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options

Replies

• teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That I only ate oatmeal and breakfast for lunch. I'm gonna eat later, but lately, I've been eating crappy food. Whenever I say that I'm gonig to eat oatmeal (which is the only 'healthy' food that I really like for breakfast), it takes me weeks to actually do it. This time, I just did it...and twice in a day, which means that it's becoming a habit.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Did my run on a hilly terrain rather than the flat trail I usually run on.
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    Did my run on a hilly terrain rather than the flat trail I usually run on.

That's great!
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    I have gotten to week 8 of C25K and ran (shuffled!) for 28 minutes straight last night. Never thought I would be able to do that.
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    I have gotten to week 8 of C25K and ran (shuffled!) for 28 minutes straight last night. Never thought I would be able to do that.
    :flowerforyou:
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Zumba class...on a Monday morning!
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Just for not giving up and for sticking to the meal plan I wrote up last night.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    That I haven't killed my children :laugh: or started drinking wine from the bottle :drinker:

Nothing really so far today, hopefully it will change later.
  • rhondamik
    rhondamik Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Proud that I showed restraint at a funeral luncheon (passed on dessert!).
  • Rosylee1976
    Rosylee1976 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have just come in from a 30 minute walk. This is the first bit of exercise I have done and at 293 lbs I can tell you it wasn't easy. Just actually getting up at 6:30am to do this walk was huge for me. But since I am on holiday this week, I thought if I can try to start a routine, then maybe I will carry on when I get back to work next week. I can't say I will have the motivation to do it again tomorrow, but today, I feel really proud of myself.
  • starrycarina
    Options
    I have just come in from a 30 minute walk. This is the first bit of exercise I have done and at 293 lbs I can tell you it wasn't easy. Just actually getting up at 6:30am to do this walk was huge for me. But since I am on holiday this week, I thought if I can try to start a routine, then maybe I will carry on when I get back to work next week. I can't say I will have the motivation to do it again tomorrow, but today, I feel really proud of myself.

Same here, Rosylee. Just getting back into exercising again at 281 lbs and I thought I was going to die today! I did a mile and a half brisk walk on a nature trail; REALLY awesome but my bad knees are killing me now! All I can say is that we can't give up!

And, I'm proud of the fact that I resisted some of the cravings I had this afternoon and kept well under in calories!
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Wine is my weakness. But today is day 15 without a drink - I'm not an alcoholic, I just used to drink a lot.

Also, yesterday I got on the treadmill at the gym and ran for 20mins without feeling out of breath or stopping. Slow mind, but got to start somewhere!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I had a good attitude today (in spite of feeling a little under the weather) and my interactions with others were very positive. :flowerforyou:
  • lesterj64
    Options
    I made it through the night without having anything to eat. I need to fast for a blood draw at 9 am. today. Last time I tried to do this I couldn't make it. I had to reschedule.
  • DaniNicole321
    Options
    Today I finally fit into a pair of jeans I haven't fit into since before I got pregnant in December! I haven't lost enough to get anywhere near my goal weight yet but seeing some sort of progress makes me remember why I'm doing this!
  • camperbc
    camperbc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first time on my brand-spanking new treadmill, and so far my body is not complaining too loudly. I will surely be taking this new-found excercise slow and steady. Considering that I am mostly bedridden with permanent spinal issues, I am VERY pleased to have walked a full mile! (1.6km) I was recently diagnosed with high cholesterol, and have decided to start eating much better. I have lost 16 lbs in the past five weeks, and am already feeling much better!

While on the subject of pride, I would like to also mention that I am very proud of my 18 year-old daughter. Here is a fine young lady with her head on straight. She has graduated, already has a good job that she excels at, and has plans for a career in law enforcement, as a police officer with the RCMP. (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) Like her father, she has a passion for nature/landscape photography, and can regularly be found hiking/photographing the many scenic coastal trails close to our oceanfront home on remote Fogo Island, off the northeast coast of the province of Newfoundland.

One very proud Dad here!

Glen B.
    Fogo Island, Newfoundland
  • cindyb6045
    cindyb6045 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cappymommy
    cappymommy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I made it into the 120's finally!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    That I haven't killed my children :laugh: or started drinking wine from the bottle :drinker:

Nothing really so far today, hopefully it will change later.

Everyday that this happens... is a win in my book. :flowerforyou:
  • BexleyGirl
    Options
    That I am HAPPY!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!