Lose 5 pounds a month OCTOBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in this morning was 127 - I'm down 1.5 from last week. So, 3.5 to go in less than 2 weeks, I may not make the goal, but I'm really going to try. If not, I'll take whatever loss I can get - I really just want to be down ~5 lbs from this week's weigh-in by Thanksgiving.

Headed to the in-laws for the weekend - next week's weigh-in could be bad! :noway:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I am back on board and finally checked the weight yesterday. I also got a free gym membership as a perk of my hubby's job. Now there is no excuse b/c I can bring the kids right after work. I look forward to staying in my boundaries and dropping the "extra baggage". I worked too dang hard to reach my goal, only to go right back to the eating habits I had!
    suckitup... That's terrific about the gym membership! Don't let it go to waste!
    10/19/10 215.0 REALLY? :laugh: Good God! AND I worked out all but ONE day! I'm hoping its mostly the sodium retaining all the water weight! Oh well...it was a fabulous vacation! 10 days in the Caribbean....wish I could be there 100 more!
    kintegra... Probably is the sodium. I was up 2 lbs today from yesterday, and I was like, what caused this? But I had some salty peanuts and soy sauce yesterday, and I figure it's gotta be that. No worries. You'll probably come back down really quickly.

MrsHazra... You've been doing great while you've been away!

sjyates... Good luck at the in-laws. Just remember that you have to come back here and post the news, good or bad! :tongue:
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Steph - thanks for the reminder that I'm accountable to you all! I'm really hoping to just maintain this weekend. . .fingers crossed anyway!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    So ladies and men....question of the day....Its now 7:10 on my birthday...my husband has now mentioned my birthday at all. Should I mention it to him or should I wait until he remembers and then make him feel really bad for forgetting? I can't believe I even have to ask this question at all!!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    So ladies and men....question of the day....Its now 7:10 on my birthday...my husband has now mentioned my birthday at all. Should I mention it to him or should I wait until he remembers and then make him feel really bad for forgetting? I can't believe I even have to ask this question at all!!!!

Well :flowerforyou: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :flowerforyou: Now I feel bad for not knowing!! I think you should mention it to him. Not sure how, but I think you should. I hope your day was good!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    ♪Happy Birthday to you♫
    ♪Happy Birthday to you♫
    ♪Happy Birthday dear Terri♫
    ♪Happy Birthday to you♫

Sorry DH forgot.
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options

That sucks big time. I would never have even made it past noon without my husband knowing i would so mention it to him but then for some reason im like that. last birthday i was going to not mention it to him and see if he would remember then i blew it because i was talking about not being able to party for my 21st lol because i was prego : ) so ya i would mention it,
  • AngelaCourtneyjones
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm in...I only weigh once a month --Oct 1st= 208
  • AngelaCourtneyjones
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    I'm in...I only weigh once a month --Oct 1st= 208
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Terril, I would SOOOOOO mention it, but very snidely....like thanks for a wonderfrul birthday dear, or wow--I can't believe I am __ years old, time is flying---that oughta get him....and by the way HAPPY, HAPPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU!!!!

WOW, it is soooo great to see everyone in the game (or challange so to speak) doing to great, about 10 days left in the month and a lot of you already at the 5lb mark.....awesome......keep staying strong with heads up to the rest of us, we have 10 days left so lets kick it into gear...

Have been busy last couple days, not getting in the workouts I would like but I atleast have done what I can,...did my DVD part of the challange yesturday and it included shoulder exercises--so 2 birds with one stone, HA!!..going to make a low fat/low cal custard/flan later, will let you all know how it turns out.....have a GREAT day all!!...:flowerforyou:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. I finally just sent him a text. He had texted me earlier in the day asking how everyone was.Problem with that is if I am not leaving the house my phone is usually in the office with the door closed and I did not hear it but after he came home he mentioned that he had texted me. So I replied everyone was fine except the wife might be feeling a little neglected because her husband forgot her birthday. We really never do anything for birthdays during the work week, but it would have been nice to not have to remind him. Nothing like being taken for granted.

Needless to say my weight was back up to 182 this morning. I got to learn not to over eat when I am stressed or mad. I am sure it was not the wine.

Have a great day.

Terri
  • jdj8223
    jdj8223 Posts: 16
    Options
    Oct 1 sw= 245
    Oct 21 w= 239.8

I hit my goal for this challange!!! MY GOAL is 235 by Oct 31. Lets see if I can hit that one :)
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. I finally just sent him a text. He had texted me earlier in the day asking how everyone was.Problem with that is if I am not leaving the house my phone is usually in the office with the door closed and I did not hear it but after he came home he mentioned that he had texted me. So I replied everyone was fine except the wife might be feeling a little neglected because her husband forgot her birthday. We really never do anything for birthdays during the work week, but it would have been nice to not have to remind him. Nothing like being taken for granted.

Needless to say my weight was back up to 182 this morning. I got to learn not to over eat when I am stressed or mad. I am sure it was not the wine.

Have a great day.

Terri

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you yesterday, Terri! :flowerforyou: Mine is today....so far CJ has not remembered. However I'm letting him slide for now since he's at court this morning, then a funeral. Unfortunately since his morning is tied up he will be working this evening, so no date for me on my bday. :cry: :ohwell: He's off Saturday night though & mentioned taking me to some Bob & Tom show thing. :happy:

So what did hubby say when you texted him about your bday?? :embarassed:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    ♪Happy Birthday to you♫
    ♪Happy Birthday to you♫
    ♪Happy Birthday dear Kelly♫
    ♪Happy Birthday to you♫
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Kelly, Happy birthday to you!!!.....If I lived closer I would have taken you out for some lunch.....I'm sure CJ will remember...
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Thanks Robin for your beautiful music! And Tina thanks to you as well....my coworker took me out to lunch! :bigsmile: Still no word from CJ OR my SISTER! :laugh:

On another note -- I had 2 - YES TWO - bagels from Panera this morning! I'm SOOOOO over my calories for the day now! :blushing: :embarassed: :laugh: Oh well....I don't care today! I'm apparently still doing ok because all my girls at water aerobics asked me how much more I'd lost last night - laughed my butt off and told them I GAINED 8 lbs on my cruise! :laugh: (I've lost 5 of it already since Tuesday) Plus my size 14 jeans fit me perfect today & according to one of my coworkers I look smokin! :smokin: :blushing:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I have been in and out of this challenge many times, but lately I have been so busy with life that I have not even logged in for quite a few months. I would like to rejoin and I will try to keep at it. I did so much better when I was logging in everyday, and the people in this group have always been so supportive and informative. I am giving myself a fresh start today because I figure that waiting for next month will just waste a week of good losing time. I hope that this time I will stick with it!

As of today:

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Just read a few of the last posts...

Happy Birthday Ladies! My guy never remembers birthdays, silly boys.
  • jesse14472
    Options
    Terri & Kelly: Happy Birthday!

Terri: My husband and I have been married 16 years, together for 21 years, and he still has trouble remembering exactly when my birthday is. However, the all time worst was my first Mother's Day. He didn't do anything or say anything. I fumed for 4 days before finally saying something. His response......"But you're not my mother".:huh: :explode: I didn't have to comment at all b/c HIS mother laid into him! :laugh: Therein lies the male logic. Luckily, my daughter is now old enough to remind him for me.
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Posting for today. I feel great. Thanks again for this challenge.