What is your silly MFP pet peeve?

Options

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    People who've lost x amount of weight and suddenly think either they are an expert in everything weight loss or fitness related or that their way is the only way. It worked for them, it must worked for everyone else

Beachbody

People who don't see any benifit to exercise other than weight loss
  • egh1974
    egh1974 Posts: 147
    Options
    Most of the members. You can't make this **** up.
  • egh1974
    egh1974 Posts: 147
    Options
    Or, how about "I've been dieting for 3 months, and I've only lost 80 lbs"...
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Zombie threads.

I feel like such a dope when I forget to look at the date of the OP and end up giving advice that is probably meaningless to the poster since it's been 6 months, 10 months, 2 years …. :noway:

Consolation prize - somebody knew how to use the search function, so maybe someone else will get some use out of it too
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Do you gain water weight on your period?

Seeing this 10 times a day on the same board makes me want to throat punch people.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    When a bunch of people are tryin' to be coaches to you and you're pretty much just here to log food and mess around. I'm self motivated so it peeves me when people come at me like that.

Period talk/TOM/PMS... I'd rather talk about stuff guys can also relate to, like farts, burps, poo. We all do it. Besides, I never let a period stop me.

Eta: Oh and why is it TMI to talk about poo to females that talk about TOM. Ugh!
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's worse: people who post message like "eating less than 1000 calories and still gaining weight!" or those who comment: "don't worry, it's probably muscle".
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say the creepy pervs.. I don't mind the complimentary people or the postitive people, but the down rite nasty ones bug the hell out of me... It's just gross to see them talk so disrespectful to anyone on this site...

Yes.
  • KD454
    KD454 Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say the creepy pervs.. I don't mind the complimentary people or the postitive people, but the down rite nasty ones bug the hell out of me... It's just gross to see them talk so disrespectful to anyone on this site...

Yes.
    I agree...noe can i see you naked :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I haven't read this thread yet but it's pretty funny.

I'm sure it's been mentioned a bunch of times but the period thing bugs the crap out of me. I don't want to offend anyone but I've been here a long time and the questions about "period weight" come up so much. And people acting like they've never had a period. I feel like you should know how your body works by now as a woman. Right? Lets face it, as a woman there is one week during the month where we feel somewhat normal!! :laugh:

And debbie downers. The negative people and those that insult just to insult. And people that say that my pic makes them think of glasses only. Everyone says that when I have a glasses pic up. I'm more than my glasses!!!! :angry: :grumble: :laugh: :wink:

Debbie Downers! :)
    debbie+downer.jpg
  • Anita_hoar12345
    Options
    The food database needs an overhaul. Sometimes I scan food and calories have less than what is marked on package

It bugs me when someone asked a "noob" question and people reply with rude condescending posts. Just answer the question nicely or don't post at all not everybody is a know it all with diet and exercise.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This. And cooking. Seriously?
    people who log cleaning and mowing the lawn as exercise
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    People who don't log daily and people who never eat vegetables! How do they poop!?

Don't care about the veggies, but I hate when people haven't logged for three months and then ask people to look at their diary and see what's wrong with their food intake.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Also, why can't you unsubscribe from threads in the "my topics" section? You post one comment in a thread on page 2 and you're still seeing the stupid thing when it's on page 14 (or more).
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I hate when I can't figure out if someone is messing with me or just being mean
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I hate when I can't figure out if someone is messing with me or just being mean

On average, I would side with just messing around or being sarcastic. The general vibe of MFP can be pretty sarcastic but it doesn't usually get outright malicious.
  • sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    Not having a sarcasm font!
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Not having a sarcasm font!
    or a reddaddie font ;-)
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Stripped down PHP-BB tags.

All we can do is
    B
    I
    U
    IMG
    QUOTE (but not quote=user)

Nice to have URL and PRE or CODE
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    People who add wrong stuff into the database... like protein-free chicken... :huh: