Juice Cleanse?

Options

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Hi, I appriciate everyones responce, but unless you have actually done a juice cleanse or have something useful to say, I don't need to hear it. I have read pros and cons about it, I am looking for some real life expirience, not snide remarks about diarreah and such. So, unless you actually have something to say, don't bother responding. Thanks :)

My real life experience is that when I don't get enough calories, I get tired, fussy and not very nice. Not to mention faint and dizzy. My other real life experience is that when I eat too much fruit, there are unpleasant side effects of the bathroom variety.

So, enjoy that :flowerforyou:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi, I appriciate everyones responce, but unless you have actually done a juice cleanse or have something useful to say, I don't need to hear it. I have read pros and cons about it, I am looking for some real life expirience, not snide remarks about diarreah and such. So, unless you actually have something to say, don't bother responding. Thanks :)

So pretty much only tell you what you want to hear? Many people have been here a long time and have a great deal of experience and get to read the same topics on these boards over and over again, always with the same outcome. They are trying to save you time and money. No-one needs to juice cleanse, eat the fruit and vegetables, you'll find they retain more of their nutrients when they aren't juiced. There are no shortcuts, no bump starts and no need to do cleanses, just stick with a reasonable calorie deficit, exercise and eat well and your body does the rest :flowerforyou:

I am not asking to tell me what i want to hear because what I want to hear are more or less real life pros and cons. I appriciate your responce and although it had a very snide tone, it was helpful. Thank you.

Actually it didn't have a "tone" at all, it was a block of text, a response. You inferred the tone therefore you must have come into this conversation expecting snide remarks. Good luck with what you are trying to achieve :flowerforyou:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

So pretty much only tell you what you want to hear? Many people have been here a long time and have a great deal of experience and get to read the same topics on these boards over and over again, always with the same outcome. They are trying to save you time and money. No-one needs to juice cleanse, eat the fruit and vegetables, you'll find they retain more of their nutrients when they aren't juiced. There are no shortcuts, no bump starts and no need to do cleanses, just stick with a reasonable calorie deficit, exercise and eat well and your body does the rest :flowerforyou:

I am not asking to tell me what i want to hear because what I want to hear are more or less real life pros and cons. I appriciate your responce and although it had a very snide tone, it was helpful. Thank you.

You won't get many "real life experiences" from people on here concerning a juice fast because most of us have done the research and come to the conclusion that juice fasting is a dumb idea.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

This is a public forum so you can't actually tell people how to respond.
    Nice try though.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    If you can't name one toxin that you are cleansing, you shouldn't do it.

BUT, you've already made up your mind, so why are you asking here? Do a search and you'll see how many real life experiences there are. If there isn't anyone telling you their 'real-life' experiences, shouldn't that be a red flag?

Your body does a great deal of flushing on it's own. You eat good stuff, drink some water, pee, poop .. all clean!
  • Goldie2u2
    Goldie2u2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've also been seeing a lot about juicing lately-even at church yesterday two people were sharing juicing recipes! Neither had a weight issue BTW and neither were doing it for religious purposes. I personally do not feel it would be for me..I like to eat..if I didn't I wouldn't have a weight problem! I know I need to chew a certain quantity of food to feel satisfied. (Just me and what I've learned on my journey.) I know i need fiber to stay on track and not raid the fridge so juicing wouldn't work at all for me!

Out of curiosity and NOT being snide or rude at all..what would you hope to accomplish in this fast? Quick weight loss? Loss of bloat? What are your actual goals? I think to figure out if it would work for you, you need to know why your interested in it. Perhaps instead of jumping in for a total fast how about replacing a meal or snack with the juice and see how you feel first?
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Don't you just get sticky cleansing with juice? I prefer to just have a shower with regular water.

Lemon juice does lighten the hair though....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Not needed, nor through clinical science studies does it show any improvement in health or removal of any "toxins" in the body. If you're doing it for anecdotal happiness, then have at it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Just go ahead and do it. Maybe whatever you think will happen, will happen.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Try the bacon juice cleanse. While you're at it, go ahead and eat the pieces of bacon too.
  • teeduran
    teeduran Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I got real sick from doing this, and hurt so bad I ended up going to my Doctor. I will not do anything like that again without talking to my doctor first. If you are normal don't do it. I regretted it!! Good luck
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

Sorry. I've done one.

Still nope.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Just my body in general.

Your body already cleanses itself....the only thing you will be cleansing is your wallet.

^Yup.

Double yup.

^Triple Yup

^Quadruple Yup
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Just my body in general.

Your body already cleanses itself....the only thing you will be cleansing is your wallet.

Word! You liver and kidneys do just fine without "cleanses".
  • lysslax
    lysslax Posts: 64
    Options
    Well I'm going to be the odd man out but I've actually done a cleanse before and enjoyed it. I didn't do all that much research, but one of my co-workers was doing it and I decided to do it with him. We did the cleanse for 4 days. I wasn't doing it to try to lose weight, I just wanted to see what it was like and see how I felt afterwards.

Breakfast each day was a fresh juice from a local juice bar, I tried switching it up each morning, but have to say that I really didn't like the beet juices. Your mouth turns a weird shade of pink and your pee even turns pink along with your #2. lol I also don't LOVE beets, so that was another problem. Also side note, I did only have 1 bowel movement over the course of the 4 days. Anyways! for lunch, usually I'd grab some pre-pressed juices from the juice bar I had visited each morning. They usually had some sort of apple, celery, kale juice freshly pressed and 'to-go' so I'd stick to those for lunch. For dinners, I stuck to juice 2 of the nights of the cleanse from the juice bar, and 2 of the nights I had some vegetable broth. I know that was 'cheating' but I was craving some salt, so that's what I did.

As far as other options, I did have some yogurt once or twice as well as some fresh berries. Basically anything 'soft' that was easy on my digestion was fine by me. I never really felt that hungry because I went in with the mindset of 'this is what I'm doing for 4 days'....somehow that made it work. At that point in time I wasn't on MFP consistently so I don't know if I lost weight or what, but I felt good afterwards. I am not sure if I'd do it again because I just love food so much, but if you want to try it you should. It's only 3 days and you'll figure out afterwards if it was right for you! :-)

23724452.png
  • BIRDIEBL8
    BIRDIEBL8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Why ? *sigh* Please explain the need to juice fast to me & maybe we can all juice fast together. I did a fast for medical reasons & believe me it wasn't something I would do again. Day 1 was juice & water & chicken broth. Day 2 water only. Oh was I ever "clean" The weight lost was gained back as soon as I was able to eat.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I was going to pass on posting this, but since you basically told me not to, and I don't do well with that, here is a masterpiece of writing, wit and wisdom on the subject.

Cleanse by bathsheba_c

To cleanse or not to cleanse? That is the question.
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of non-specific toxins
    Or to take arms against a sea of imagined bowel obstructions
    And by opposing, perforate one's colon. To juice; to detox;
    No more; and by a detox to say we end
    The pH and the balance of intestinal flora
    That guts are heir to, 'tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be avoided. To juice; to detox;
    To detox: perchance to puke: aye, there's the rub;
    For in the pangs of indigestion what side-effects may come
    When we go and leave our undies soiled.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I've never done juicing but I do usually have a green smoothie every day (using a blender)-this keeps the fiber and is a great way to get in the veggies and fruit. It also keeps things moving along very regularly (as in 2-3 times a day lol). I add chia or hemp seeds to mine as well :)
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Have you noticed that the people telling you it's a waste of time have lost a lot of weight?
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

How does one gauge tone via a message board?