Lady to give out "you're too fat for candy" letters?

Options

Replies

• GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    So GREAT! Lot's of folks have responded with threats of violence.

Is there a lesson for the children, as they watch parents become irate and hateful over this person's stepping out of bounds (most would agree the parents should do the parenting, most).

Yep....lets lead by example. Look back at what you've written and imagine impressionable minds (young kids) learning how you handle the problem (the worst I saw was threat of a shotgun!). So.......saying something in a mean way justifies murdering that person?

Nice lesson to teach the kids!

I'm all for protecting the kids. They are the most important thing the prior generation does. I'm not for teaching kids to solve all their problems with violence!

Again, look up hyperbole. Wait, I'll save you the trouble -

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hyperbole

People say stupid crap like this on the internet all the time. I guarantee that presented with the situation 99% of people would not follow through. 90% probably wouldn't even confront them verbally.

Wow! I never considered that 4-5 year old kids would understand that the irate, hateful words of the adults was just hyperbole.

Given that at the moment we aren't in front of said 4-5 year old kids, that's not an issue, now, is it?

Let people make their ridiculous claims of bravado all they want. People enjoy it. It blows off steam and is a graphic way of expressing displeasure. If they actually do it then by all means report them for assault - I'll be right next to you with the cell phone.
    I see your point. Threats of assault are ok. Actual assault is not. And we all know that irate, hateful words don't lead to physical violence all the time. So let's teach our kids to be irate and hateful, but not actually break the law. Got it.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hahaha
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Somebody landed a house on her sister.
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Not sure where this witch gets off judging peoples kids that way. I bet she's going to wind up getting more than the usual amount of "tricks" this year because of her bad behavior.

A few years back, my son was 5 years old and battling Leukemia. He was on steroids that made him retain water weight, eat voraciously, and sweat... a lot. He appeared to most people to just be some fat kid and there were stares and rude comments from a lot of people. The worst one was when we went to a restaurant for a special occasion and told him that he could get whatever he wanted. The dish he wanted wasn't on the kids menu so he asked the waiter for the dish on the adult menu. The jerk waiter looked him up and down, smirked and said, "Yeah, I'll bet you eat all of it too." We left. My son was only 5, but he knew the man was being cruel. His heart broken, he didn't want to eat anything for the rest of the afternoon. My son is now 10, cancer free, slim and strong (only 10 year old I know with a 6 pack!) and is phobic about getting fat. He remembers how horrible people were to him, even though it wasn't his fault.

Anyway, my point is, the woman in the story is making the same kind of flawed snap judgments, based off of zero information, that happened to my son. If I lived near her, I'd TP every inch of her house and probably throw a few eggs to boot.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Is there a lesson for the children, as they watch parents become irate and hateful over this person's stepping out of bounds (most would agree the parents should do the parenting, most).

Yep....lets lead by example. Look back at what you've written and imagine impressionable minds (young kids) learning how you handle the problem (the worst I saw was threat of a shotgun!). So.......saying something in a mean way justifies murdering that person?

I'm all for protecting the kids. They are the most important thing the prior generation does. I'm not for teaching kids to solve all their problems with violence!

People say stupid crap like this on the internet all the time. I guarantee that presented with the situation 99% of people would not follow through. 90% probably wouldn't even confront them verbally.

Wow! I never considered that 4-5 year old kids would understand that the irate, hateful words of the adults was just hyperbole.

Given that at the moment we aren't in front of said 4-5 year old kids, that's not an issue, now, is it?

Let people make their ridiculous claims of bravado all they want. People enjoy it. It blows off steam and is a graphic way of expressing displeasure. If they actually do it then by all means report them for assault - I'll be right next to you with the cell phone.
    I see your point. Threats of assault are ok. Actual assault is not. And we all know that irate, hateful words don't lead to physical violence all the time. So let's teach our kids to be irate and hateful, but not actually break the law. Got it.

Who's teaching kids anything? I don't see any kids around here. My kids certainly aren't on MFP. No way I'd let my kids see anything posted by some of the miscreants here.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

You posted this several hours ago and many people actually said that they disagree with you and would LITERALLY punch this woman if that happened.
    Now, I agree with you that there are a lot of "Internet tough guys" out there but, the fact that there are some who would even THINK about doing this tells me that many are not fit to even be parents.

Funny, I just looked through the thread, and I don't see a single person quoting me and saying "no, seriously, I'd totally do this, no exaggeration, in fact I throat punched someone just the other day for looking at my kid funny". Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. If I missed direct response, I'll be happy to retract.

Sure, plenty of people posted after me with violent sentiments, but I'm guessing they either didn't read the whole thread or just didn't give two damns about my opinion. People just love extreme responses to stuff like this.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1127250-lady-to-give-out-you-re-too-fat-for-candy-letters?page=8
    fourth post down.
    No, you are not quoted but, you are referenced.

Fair enough. Totally out of order. Anyone that actually would commit assault over something like this has issues, and I'd absolute report it if I saw it happen.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    So.. a letter explaining that your child is a little overweight
    =
    getting your *kitten* kicked
    Getting your tires slashed
    getting your house egg'd
    getting thretened to the point of needing to move.

And we wonder whats wrong with society today....

Don't be dense. It's not a letter "explaining that your child is a little overweight." It's an insulting, demeaning, humiliating slap in the face of a child. A child who may already be feeling crappy about being obese and is just out having some fun with his/her friends. Really. Don't be an *kitten*.
    I am being an *kitten*?
    People are saying that they would resort to physical violence for getting this note.
    And I am the *kitten*?
    I am not saying that this lady is right however; assuming that the kids are right there, punching this lady in the face is really the wrong message to pass to the kids.
    What is going to happen when she decides to stand her ground and defend herself from the physical assauly with deadly force?
    Won't that be a wonderful lesson for little Timmy?
    "Look, Daddy got his heart blown out because he decided to punch a housewife."
    No one should resort to violence.
    But, yeah, if people blowing off steam after hearing about this horrible woman's plan gets your more rankled than the actual horrible thing she's going to do, then you are being an *kitten*.
    There is a HUGE difference between blowing off steam and physically assaulting someone.
    Unless we have an entire thread full of liars, the majority feels justified to punching this woman, kicking this woman, or burning down her house.
    Awsome role models for the kids.

You're definitely trying to pick a fight. Blowing off steam is, by definition, just talk. No one is physically assaulting anyone, and no one who said they're going to TP her house or punch her is a liar. You're going way overboard with this silly argument. Enough already.
  • So.. a letter explaining that your child is a little overweight
    =
    getting your *kitten* kicked
    Getting your tires slashed
    getting your house egg'd
    getting thretened to the point of needing to move.

And we wonder whats wrong with society today....

Don't be dense. It's not a letter "explaining that your child is a little overweight." It's an insulting, demeaning, humiliating slap in the face of a child. A child who may already be feeling crappy about being obese and is just out having some fun with his/her friends. Really. Don't be an *kitten*.
    I am being an *kitten*?
    People are saying that they would resort to physical violence for getting this note.
    And I am the *kitten*?
    I am not saying that this lady is right however; assuming that the kids are right there, punching this lady in the face is really the wrong message to pass to the kids.
    What is going to happen when she decides to stand her ground and defend herself from the physical assauly with deadly force?
    Won't that be a wonderful lesson for little Timmy?
    "Look, Daddy got his heart blown out because he decided to punch a housewife."
    No one should resort to violence.
    But, yeah, if people blowing off steam after hearing about this horrible woman's plan gets your more rankled than the actual horrible thing she's going to do, then you are being an *kitten*.
    There is a HUGE difference between blowing off steam and physically assaulting someone.
    Unless we have an entire thread full of liars, the majority feels justified to punching this woman, kicking this woman, or burning down her house.
    Awsome role models for the kids.

You're definitely trying to pick a fight. Blowing off steam is, by definition, just talk. No one is physically assaulting anyone, and no one who said they're going to TP her house or punch her is a liar. You're going way overboard with this silly argument. Enough already.

This to the 10th power. There are no kids on here so the poster *****ing about kids needs to quit using them as an excuse for their over black and white thinking. Just because I say something ridiculous to blow off steam, does not mean I'm teaching my kids to do the same nor am I actually doing said action. Please, people, use your left and right hemisphere to figure it out.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This woman oughta be slapped. She's not doing anyone any favors by bullying in shaming, but like others have said, she's only creating more problems.

:(
  • Bennysammysofie2
    Options
    Just pelt her house with eggs and corn. Duh.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

If children are reading these posts, please let me know. I'll be sure to post fart jokes. Kids think that stuff is hilarious!!!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Oh look, it's THAT guy. Ugh.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I really hope her address gets out and her house just gets vandalized to all hell. You have to be invited into "the village" b**ch!
  • ugottafriend
    ugottafriend Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm so tempted to say that I hope she becomes "too fat for candy" someday.

Oops, I just did.
  • HelllYeaHH
    HelllYeaHH Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Stupid woman should have used this sign:

8ii9.jpg

xvag.jpg
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to bet she's no Miss America.

Kids have a tough enough time trying to overcome peer pressure and trying to fit in, and who'se to say the kid isn't on medication to cause this or that the child HAS been working on it?

I'd like to know if she's going to shame the kids, why not show her face to the world so she can get a healthy dose of what she's giviing out to the kids. Is she a coward? I can't wait to see if her pic ever hits the news.
  • charliesangel13
    charliesangel13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This story turned out to be a hoax that the local radio station made up. ****ty, right?
  • OneThrone
    OneThrone Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This story turned out to be a hoax that the local radio station made up. ****ty, right?

This. I heard that this was a hoax as well.
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    If it okay on any level for this lady to give out this type of letter...then it is okay for anyone to criticize anyone else for any "thing" they deem as offensive to them.

Shaming NEVER leads to positive change. When are we, as a society, EVER going to figure that out! People have been criticized/discriminated against for every reason under the sun--obesity just seems to be the latest "trend".

Let me tell you--discrimination never stopped women from wanting to have a voice and not be known as chattel (which was supposed to be the downfall of the "family), discrimination/shaming never stopped people of different skin color or heritage to becoming finally recognized for just who they are--people of the human race!, it never stopped people who have different sexual preferences for "normal" (whatever that is...)--it didn't change them to hetero--nor should it.

If we can love and accept people and allow them to love and accept themselves then great changes happens for the better for the WHOLE WORLD!!!

now im stepping off my soapbox...
  • MaryMBacon
    MaryMBacon Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would love to see what her house looks like tomorrow if anyone has pictures.
    she chose to remain anonymous on the internet but rest assured parents will OUT her after they see these letters if she doesn't chicken out.

Seriously what a Biotch ~ I have given out pencils, gravestone erasers, little toys and stickers in the past, there is no reason she has to be mean about it.