The Next Person Who Says

Options

Replies

• SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    "dont worry your pretty little head over it"

this is a poorly worded compliment. Probably by a male much older than you, yes? It could be worse, you could be a dude. No one ever give two ****s about us at work.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yolo makes me want to throttle a millennial...but "props" is short for "propa respects" really grinds my gears. Especially when its said in a professional setting or by any caucasian person. What are we, wanna-be thugs? Do I have my pants hanging around my *kitten*? Am I selling drugs? Am I making a new rap album? Do I have gold teeth? Am I driving a cadillac with 26" rims? NO I AM NOT. Now let me get my nine and pop a cap in the *kitten* of the next fool cracka who says "props".

:noway:

I won't even touch that, it's just not worth it.

However it did make me think of another one... the next person who says... "I'm not racist but _____" or "I don't mean to sound racist but ____" or any variation thereof.
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    "Just one won't hurt"
    "What, are you on a diet?!"
    Really chafes my *kitten*. The first one, I agree that one won't necessarily cause any regressions, but it NEVER stays with just one. The second one, yes, we are all on "diets". Your diet is the food you eat, my diet is just healthier.

"Like" :laugh:
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This conversation with female friends when they see me in my gym clothes...

"You look great! I really want to tone up ... What sort of things do you do? Running?"
    "Sometimes, just to mix up my cardio a bit, but I mostly do strength training."
    "Like crunches?"
    "Well, yeah, but also lots of weights and--"
    "Ohhh, well, I really don't want to get bulky. You should be careful with that. It's not a good look for women."

Firstly, you have no idea what my goals are. I'm not trying to bulk up, but so what if I was? Secondly ... oh, just ... *facepalm*

Also, when people find out I'm a classically trained singer...

"Wow, awesome! Isn't that Jackie Evancho/Susan Boyle/[insert latest reality show classical crossover artist here] amazing? Have you ever thought about going on one of those shows?"

Don't even.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Yolo makes me want to throttle a millennial...but "props" is short for "propa respects" really grinds my gears. Especially when its said in a professional setting or by any caucasian person. What are we, wanna-be thugs? Do I have my pants hanging around my *kitten*? Am I selling drugs? Am I making a new rap album? Do I have gold teeth? Am I driving a cadillac with 26" rims? NO I AM NOT. Now let me get my nine and pop a cap in the *kitten* of the next fool cracka who says "props".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Bwahahaha!

Cheers!
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    "Don't worry, the vagina can really stretch". I hate that one.

Are you referring to giving birth or a really "big" date?
    ;-)
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    "That's so Epic" or "It's so surreal" UGH! Do they really know what those words mean?
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    "It is what it is...", deserves a throat punch!

HAHA.. this is my motto, I say it all the time. SORRY!!!

Me too! I say this when I'm bored with what I'm hearing. It's my "nothing else to say to you" saying :laugh:
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    "I haven't seen 'em in a minute"...... I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT!!!! :noway: I have told a client who said this to me, "Well if you see them in the next minute will you tell them to call me!" They NEVER get it!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    "It is what it is...", deserves a throat punch!

HAHA.. this is my motto, I say it all the time. SORRY!!!

me too. all the time. it is what it is- y'know?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    "you're a guy - weight loss is easy for you" is going to get punched in the head.

What's your "the next person that says"?

Boy, I need glasses. I read, "You are gay - weight loss is easy for you".
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    You just have to stay away from carbs.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    "You don't need to lose anymore weight!"

^seriously, can't agree more!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    "One pound = one pound" as a response when someone says muscle weighs more than fat.
  • Harley_Stitches
    Options
    "you need to eat more" -_-
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    "Can you eat that?" "Can you have that?"

I know what I can eat... shut the hell up!!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    "Oh, you're trying to lose weight/body fat? You should stop eating [specific food]"

hAD9FE1D2
  • mschleg
    mschleg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    totally unrelated to weight loss but I HATE when someone says "Oh you just wait until.....(fill in blank ex. you get engaged, married, get pregnant, have a baby, have 2 kids, your kids are teenagers...the list goes on)" I hate hate hate it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    "Don't worry, the vagina can really stretch". I hate that one.

I know! Freaking men trying to charm us with their sweet talk. Like I haven't heard that one before. :laugh: