October 30 day shred challenge anyone?

Replies

• amkingrn
    amkingrn Posts: 35 Member
    I have been MIA for a few days. The last time I did the shred was Tuesday. I had such a wonderful day that day and got a second work out in. I tried to shred Wednesday and I couldn't do any of the the cardio because with every jump I felt like my knee cap was going to pop out of place. So I took a rest that day and then.... I binged for a couple of days... :sad: Fortunately I did gain any which surprised me. Thursday and yesterday I had full days with dd's school activities, but I don't think I could have shredded if I wanted...when I walk for an extended period of time (as in at the pumpkin patch yesterday) or up or down stairs my knee KILLS me :sick: :sick: I know I could have at least done yoga or something, but I was having a pity party for myself and just gave up.

Today I am trying to get back on track. I have eaten a lot better (I didn't even log in to track my food the last couple of days I was so down and frankly, emabarrassed!!! :blushing: ) and I am determined to at least do my yoga with weights work out to slowly get going again...maybe that will give me an idea of what my knee can handle. Really wish I could shred with you guys, but I don't want to risk injury (or worse injury) to my knee. Gotta find some cardio I could do though...may box it out like on level 1 for a while and I will try to do the upper body and abs on the dvd.

Any who...enough rambling...off to get the kids down for naptime and work out!!!

Keep up the good work you guys!!!
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    I'm in, as long as you all are okay with me doing Shred w/ Weights (her brand-new Shred video). I've been doing the original for about a year and a half...wow...trust me, when you get to Level 3, you're going to start looking ripped! :)

I do the Shred w/ Weights 3=4 times a week and cardio everyday.

Please add me to your friends list so we can help each other stay accountable! :)

what is shred w/ weights???? is it set up the same as 30 day?
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    So I have not been posting but I have been shreding :smile

Done Day 6 and 7 of level 2 and will do day 8 tonight. The weekends it can be hard to fit it in with everyone around and so much to do.

amkingrn, glad to hear you are back on track. I needed to have a break from the Shred too and felt so much better for having the day off. My knees are where I really feel it, I try not to go too deep into the lunges cos they really kill my knees. Don't push yourself too much, I find if I don't enjoy it I just won't do it!! Thats a good idea with they boxing type cardio, any kind of movement is better than none, hope you recover soon.
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Last evening I completed Level 3, day 5, woo! Go me! I am finding I really like level 3 a lot. I don't know why though :laugh: I can tell my arms have gotten stronger because I don't struggle with the traveling push ups. I am using 5 lb weights for this level because my smaller weights just didn't seem to make me feel like I was doing anything.

Today I will complete Level 3, day 6...wow, only 4 more days after today's session! COOL!

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • kaffro
    I have been MIA for a few days. The last time I did the shred was Tuesday. I had such a wonderful day that day and got a second work out in. I tried to shred Wednesday and I couldn't do any of the the cardio because with every jump I felt like my knee cap was going to pop out of place. So I took a rest that day and then.... I binged for a couple of days... :sad: Fortunately I did gain any which surprised me. Thursday and yesterday I had full days with dd's school activities, but I don't think I could have shredded if I wanted...when I walk for an extended period of time (as in at the pumpkin patch yesterday) or up or down stairs my knee KILLS me :sick: :sick: I know I could have at least done yoga or something, but I was having a pity party for myself and just gave up.

Today I am trying to get back on track. I have eaten a lot better (I didn't even log in to track my food the last couple of days I was so down and frankly, emabarrassed!!! :blushing: ) and I am determined to at least do my yoga with weights work out to slowly get going again...maybe that will give me an idea of what my knee can handle. Really wish I could shred with you guys, but I don't want to risk injury (or worse injury) to my knee. Gotta find some cardio I could do though...may box it out like on level 1 for a while and I will try to do the upper body and abs on the dvd.

Any who...enough rambling...off to get the kids down for naptime and work out!!!

Keep up the good work you guys!!!

Make sure you take care of your knees!

Do you have cable with OnDemand? If so, check out exercise tv on there. They have free workouts on there and there are a bunch of them. You may be able to find some fun cardio there. :)
  • kaffro
    I'm in, as long as you all are okay with me doing Shred w/ Weights (her brand-new Shred video). I've been doing the original for about a year and a half...wow...trust me, when you get to Level 3, you're going to start looking ripped! :)

I do the Shred w/ Weights 3=4 times a week and cardio everyday.

Please add me to your friends list so we can help each other stay accountable! :)

what is shred w/ weights???? is it set up the same as 30 day?

Shred w/weights is Jillian's workout with a kettlebell. I checked it on my OnDemand and I'd like to try it. It has been mentioned in other threads that you really need to watch your form with the kettlebell and that there are a lot of different videos on YouTube that show proper form when working with kettlebells.
  • kaffro
    Level 3, day 6 done! YAY!
  • amandac72
    Level 2 Day 9 done, one more day to go until level 3 :smile:
  • kaffro
    Level 2 Day 9 done, one more day to go until level 3 :smile:

WHOO HOO! You go girl!
  • kaffro
    Level 3, day 7, done! Woo!

• kaffro
    Level 3, day 8, done! Go me!

• DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Started Level 3 today! It kicked my butt...however...it was a pleasant change from Level 2 ;)

Hope everybody else is doing well :)
  • amandac72
    I did the last day of level 2 today :smile: I missed doing it yesterday, had one of those days where I was just very busy and come the evening I just could'nt get myself off the couch :yawn: . Anyway I had another really busy day today but I rushed home from one appointment and did the shred, had the quickest shower ever and rushed back out to another appointment. Whew, it exhausted me but I was so happy to have finally completed level 2.

Bring on Level 3 :happy:
  • kaffro
    Level 3, day 9, done!!! WOOOOOOO!

• DreeDub

WAY TO GO!!! One more day! Can't wait to hear about your results :)
  • DreeDub
    Level 3 Day 2 completed this morning!!! Oh how I hate morning workouts but...it was done by 6:00 a.m.!
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Hey everybody! I know I haven't been posting lately but I have been doing my Shred and I'm finishing up just in time! I found out yesterday that I am about 5 weeks pregnant!!! This news came as a complete shock to us, but we are happy! This is my first so my husband and I are very excited!! Thanks to everybody who has been sooo encouraging these last few weeks!
  • kaffro

WAY TO GO!!! One more day! Can't wait to hear about your results :)

Thanks :) I can't wait to measure, I am dying to! I can feel a difference in my clothes for sure!
  • kaffro
    Hey everybody! I know I haven't been posting lately but I have been doing my Shred and I'm finishing up just in time! I found out yesterday that I am about 5 weeks pregnant!!! This news came as a complete shock to us, but we are happy! This is my first so my husband and I are very excited!! Thanks to everybody who has been sooo encouraging these last few weeks!

Congratulations! Such exciting news!!
  • amandac72

Wow that is exciting, congratulations and good luck for an easy pregnancy :)
This discussion has been closed.