So...what HAVE you stopped eating?

I'm just curious.

I'm not talking about "banned" foods or "bad" foods here. I'm wondering what, if anything, have you stopped eating because once you started counting, you found you didn't like it enough to spend the calories on it. No right or wrong answers :)

For me: Potato chips and juice. Meh.

Replies

• 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Nope. I haven't given up anything. Just used moderation.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Nope. I haven't given up anything. Just used moderation.
    Yep. If I want strawberries and I've cream for dessert (and I usually do, my diariy's open if you want to peek) I plug it in and plan the rest of my day around it so that I meet my calorie/macro/micro/fiber goals. But to answer your question specifically, there's lots of food that I don't like that I wouldn't spend the calories on. Kale, cauliflower, brussels sprouts....:sick:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    I don't visit fast food restaurants. At all.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Nothing really. There are foods I won't buy and bring into my house because I lack restraint with them, but if offered at a friend's or out for dinner I will eat as long as I have caloric room as I can be more restrained in company!
  • Nope. I haven't given up anything. Just used moderation.

To clarify: I didn't really give them up. If I find I have an intense craving for chips one day, I'll work it in, but so far, that hasn't happened :)
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    I'm with you on chips and juice. Also gummy bears/worms. I love the things, but they just have absolutely no redeeming value to me anymore when it comes to my diet, so I don't eat them anymore. Pop-Tarts are a no, because it's 200 calories for a SINGLE one, and who can eat just one of the Pop-Tarts?? Also donuts, Starbucks, and candy bars.

I mean, if I really really wanted one of those things, I would make room for it and eat it, but so far I just haven't found them worth it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Nothing. I eat everything in moderation. :bigsmile:
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    I use to drink like 1 l of juice PER DAY. I now only drink water except if I feel like having some juice
    It is rare that i eat pasta now
    Chips very rare
    White bread and white carbs, i stopped and replaced them by 100% whole wheat
  • nafiatjohn
    nafiatjohn Posts: 9 Member
    Biscuits and gravy, and fast food fare, except for Subway Veggie.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    I don't visit fast food restaurants. At all.

Ditto. The smell they pump out of McDonalds etc makes me wonder wtf. It used to make me think "Yum!" Nowadays, it just smells chemically.
  • Juice! I like it but it isn't worth spending the calories on so it has just kind of phased out. Same with cereal! Haven't banned it, just can think of things I want to eat more and need to save cals for!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    There are a lot of foods that I used to eat regularly that I now eat rarely or have at least really cut back on the amount that I have. Some examples are coffee creamer (used to use 3T everyday in my coffee now I usually only use 1 or sometimes 2), extra sharp cheddar cheese (used to eat up to 4oz a day just because I liked it, now I sometimes will have an ounce but not everyday), used to eat fast food and restaurants a lot, now we still go out to eat occasionally but not nearly as often! Basically there are a lot of examples like that. I didn't even realize it until I went back and looked at my old diary entries from 1-2 years ago and realized that I really do eat a lot differently now!
  • S_of_Montreal
    S_of_Montreal Posts: 37 Member
    Fast Foods!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I had to give up wheat, and doing that made space for moderate amounts of things I hadn't had in years, like Nutella.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    pringles, I could eat a tub of them every night, so because I will never work in nearly 1000 calories for pringles alone, I have decided to stop buying them altogether.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Given up a lot of things because cant count their calories properly.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Juice! I like it but it isn't worth spending the calories on so it has just kind of phased out. Same with cereal! Haven't banned it, just can think of things I want to eat more and need to save cals for!
    I definitely cut back on cereal too, especially after realizing how small a serving really is! but recently I've switched to using unsweetened vanilla almond milk which is only 30 cals for 8 oz which helps so I've been eating more cereal again lol
  • CapeCodSheila
    CapeCodSheila Posts: 40 Member
    Really trying to stay away from Cheezits which are my downfall. I can't eat one serving-usually it's the whole box in like 6 hours. And they never taste as good as they used to, so why I still crave them I don't know. I guess because they've been my favorite junk food since high school
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    I mostly stopped eating processed carbs like bread, pasta, etc. They don't fill me up, and are not worth the calories for me. On Sat, I typically eat one slice of Brownberry Health Nut bread and fresh ground peanut butter for breakfast and once every 2-3 months will have some bread when eating out because I am so hungry and can't wait for my dinner. I can't remember the last time I ate pasta...

Funny, because up until a couple of years ago (pre-MFP) when I started focusing on eating things that were actively good for me (or neutral), bread, pasta and rice were stables of my diet. I don't miss them.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    I no longer buy Haribos candy because I am unable to limit myself to a small portion. They say two pieces of candy tastes like 100 pieces of candy, and the enjoyment is in the first few bites, but for me once the bag is open it'd take handcuffs to stop me from eating the whole thing. If I am with a few friends and we are sharing then I will eat some and not feel like I'm going to eat the packet and all, but alone is another thing completely.

I envy people who are able to eat one cookie and leave the rest of the packet in the cupboard - that has never worked for me and so I prefer not to buy them in the first place. And for the record I do not feel like I am depriving myself, I just have something else like a couple of carrots or an apple.