So...what HAVE you stopped eating?

Options

Replies

• RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I haven't really given up anything, but won't keep things like chips, wine, and soda.if I have chips in the house, I can't stop until the bag is gone and I noticed that even if I buy th 8 ounce cans of soda that won't kill my diet, I start to crave other foods. And wine, I drank way to much of it, and love the feeling of not drinking has on my body. I also giving up all alcohol for a month to lose a little extra weight before my half next weekend. I may actually extend it for a while longer.
  • meganliliane18
    meganliliane18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Since I started losing weight, I switched to a vegan lifestyle so I stopped eating all meats, dairy, eggs, honey. I feel so much better about everything.
  • GardeningZombie
    GardeningZombie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Doritos. Cheap "ice cream". Bologna and hotdogs. Microwaveable dinners. Noticing a trend? It's not that I'm counting each calorie, but since I'm paying more attention I just don't really feel an interest in eating those things. The psychological barriers of unnatural food science, large subsidies for HFCS, and the realization I can eat 2-3 times as much real food has swung the scales.

Ironically, I like pure corn syrup. I can't make my peanut brittle without it!
  • LisaUlrey
    LisaUlrey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Pasta and Ice Cream
  • BeautyUndead
    Options
    I've cut back on a lot of salty things. I loooove salty foods, but all that sodium really isn't good for me. No more eating a whole block of ramen in a sitting, no more mounds of goldfish or cheezits or saltines or what have you. I can still eat a bit of those things, but MFP has really made it sink in just how much salt I've consumed!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I think just juice.

I cut back on a lot of things, like potato chips, but I still have them occasionally.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've banned anything that gets passed thru a window. As a single guy, I used to eat two or three meals from drive-thrus. I still enjoy the fast food type staples like burgers and fries but I reserve those for meals out with family and friends.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Nothing - but I do avoid potato chips because they are for sure a trigger food for me. I still have them occasionally but personally can't keep them around.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    For me, in the beginning, I had to give up certain foods completely, because I had not learned to control them in moderation, and to lose weight at the time, I had to go really anal.
    So I haven't had a glazed donut in over a year. That is probably the last hold out of foods that give me a food-gasm and I will want more.

Brownies are a close second, but I have had them on occasion in the past few months. I couldn't bake a whole pan at home, or I would eat the whole pan in 2-3 days, but I can have one at a party now, and not go crazy with it.

Sandwiches had to go away for awhile. As did real Pizza,like stuffed crust Pizza Hut.
    I have a sensitivity to grains, especially wheat, so my body needed to get away from them altogether for quite some time.
    I can have small amounts now, and get away with it, but have to still watch the wheat.
    My body just feels so much better without it.

I did learn to make some grain free pizzas and sandwiches that fill that void.

Rice was hard to restrict to a half a cup, and so that went away for many months. I can do ok with it now, occasionally.

That said, since introducing those foods back into my diet, I have pretty much been maintaining my weight, and not losing any significant weight.

When I get my head completely back into losing mode again, I will most likely have to cut those foods out again. But at least I know that I can maintain my weight with those foods in moderation.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I don't enjoy alcohol enough to waste the calories on it.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Nothing, in fact I probably eat more junk than I used to, just got better at fitting things in to my calorie goal :smile:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Can I give you a list of what I WISH I have stopped eating instead? :bigsmile:

ETA: Starbucks yummy drinks - pretty much have stopped because they are so not worth the money and calories. 'cept I had one yesterday with no regrets. :drinker:
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Pasta. A lot of calories for too little of a serving and it doesn't fill me up.

Cheap chocolate bars. If I'm going to spend calories on chocolate, it has to be quality.

Soda. I've switched to the occasional diet soda. I prefer to eat my calories and not drink them.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really thought about it but I guess I have more than a few things. Its more because of the sodium rather than calories. Canned soup, instant cheese potatoes in a box, mac n cheese (unless its homemade), marinades and seasonings unless its homemade also. Basically, I try to avoid processed food in a box, but will have a frozen dinner once in a while.
    I try to avoid sweets throughout the week and have a treat on the weekend, and that is a normal portion, not a 'cheat day' or a whole cake.
    Boxed cereal has been replaced with whole grain/steel cut oats, refrigerator oatmeal and omelets.
    No <gag> fast food except for Taco bell crunchy fresco tacos and Subway. And I eat that stuff rarely.
    Soda. I always drank diet anyway, but now even that bothers my stomach and tastes weird.
    I'm with you on the juice. Although I love orange juice, its just not worth the calories. Id rather have the whole fruit and get the fiber.
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Cheese (cut wayyy back)
    Chips
    Cut way back on bread
    Chocolate
    Pop
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I haven't stopped completely anything but certainly limit what comes in the house ( much to my husbands great dismay!). I fell off the wagon for a while when I started letting chips and snack crackers back in and the moderation button broke so those are items I don't buy. I can't have cookies in the house or other cake/brownie type items but I will eat them if I'm out and I've made room for them. I'm just much more aware of how many calories are in things and sometimes they just aren't calorie worthy!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I had Kraft Mac and Cheese for the first time in over a year. But one cup has 400 calories!! I could have easily scarfed down that much in the past, but now I just had 1/2 cup. It was good, but I could spend those cals on so many other things.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    pringles, I could eat a tub of them every night, so because I will never work in nearly 1000 calories for pringles alone, I have decided to stop buying them altogether.

Once you pop... :)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Nope. I haven't given up anything. Just used moderation.

Yep This...... If it fits it is fair game... :drinker:
  • jimandpam87
    jimandpam87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much stopped drinking my calories. I just enjoy eating so much more than drinking lol.

The biggest things are margaritas (I've switched to an occasional glass of wine) and high calorie Starbucks drinks. I still go to Starbucks all the time, but now I just get either tea or coffee with a little creamer/splenda. I find it satisfies my Starbucks craving while not packing on too many calories.