So...what HAVE you stopped eating?

Options

Replies

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    For me the answer is simply 'too much' :-)
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've only given up on foods that I found out were so processed that I couldn't stand to eat them. When I found out that (for example) a tiny cake had 40+ ingredients in it and most of them looked like they came from a chemistry lab, I said no thank you.

Everything else (ice cream, peanut butter, chocolate) I just eat in moderation.
  • Gwyn1969
    Gwyn1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I realized my love for dessert and now I eat fewer fatty meats so that I can have whipped cream and pie and still hit my macros. I also added carbs when I realized I wasn't getting enough to fuel my training, and took away a little protein and fat. I also added grains and legumes back into my diet. I guess I didn't stop eating anything, I actually started eating in a more diverse way.
  • hopsgirl74
    Options
    The only food I have difficulty controlling is Panettone. LOL. It's my only weakness... so in spite of having an entire loaf sitting in my house, waiting for Christmas, I suppose, I am either pigging out (eating 3 servings at once, and wishing for more) or not eating it at all. I've opted to not eat it. :C

Everything else, including the Halloween candy, I eat in moderation, happily.

2248803.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Nutella, not worth the calories, plus it makes me feel sick afterwards.
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Wine gums....I get some, telling myself I'll ration them out so many per day....I just eat and eat them until they're gone....
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Almost everything I used to eat!

Nice fluffy, buttery biscuits? no more
    Big slice of country ham? no more
    Bacon? no more
    Burger and fries? no more
    Brats? no more
    Late night taco bell runs? no more
    Bread? very sparingly
    Pizza? very sparingly
    Fried ${ANYTHING}? no more
    Pasta? very sparingly
    Southern style vegetables? no more
    Baked Beans? Oh how I'll miss thee!
    Beef? really hard to squeeze this into my diet. bye bye.
    Mac & cheese? goodbye my old friend!

It'll be quicker to list what I have continued eating:

Grilled chicken - almost daily now
    Grilled fish - when available
    BBQ - life wouldn't be worth living without bbq on occasion

Anyway, I feel 100% better now that I'm eating healthier.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating to much of everything and now eat less of everything.

I did give up milk for a little bit as I find the lower calories ones not worth the calories but I recently switched back to whole milk and that, my friends, is worth every calorie.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options

Nice fluffy, buttery biscuits? no more
    Big slice of country ham? no more
    Bacon? no more
    Burger and fries? no more
    Brats? no more
    Late night taco bell runs? no more
    Bread? very sparingly
    Pizza? very sparingly
    Fried ${ANYTHING}? no more
    Pasta? very sparingly
    Southern style vegetables? no more
    Baked Beans? Oh how I'll miss thee!
    Beef? really hard to squeeze this into my diet. bye bye.
    Mac & cheese? goodbye my old friend!

It'll be quicker to list what I have continued eating:

Grilled chicken - almost daily now
    Grilled fish - when available
    BBQ - life wouldn't be worth living without bbq on occasion

Well, this is depressing.

I eat almost everything you list on your banned list, BTW. Still lose about a pound a week.
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well, this is depressing.

I eat almost everything you list on your banned list, BTW. Still lose about a pound a week.

I'm dieting to manage hypertension. I'm pretty sure my diet used to be 75%+ fat. :-)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Juice, soda and croissants. I've had fries once in 10 months, and a couple potato chips here and there, but those things just don't fill me up enough for the calories. Although I might have a croissant again at some point, well, probably will once I'm at goal, but it will have to be from a good place (fortunately I know of two, lol).
  • guroprincess
    Options
    Pop - Honestly not worth the calories. I don't even crave it anymore. I drink water almost exclusively, save for V8 and very rarely milk.

Most sweets - I've kind of weaned myself off being a sweets addict. I hardly ever have cravings for it anymore.

Ice cream - It just doesn't do anything for me anymore. Used to be my favorite.

"Whole" anything - Once again, not worth the calories. I can't tell the difference between whole cottage cheese/whole milk/etc and the lower calorie kinds. It's 90 calories for one tbsp of Miracle Whip, 20 for light. It adds up.

Basically everything else, I still eat but in moderation. So long as I have it around and I want to eat it, I'll make it fit. I'm a lot more conscious of macros and calories though. As for the foods that would be "trigger" foods that I would eat the whole package but I still want-- I just get 100 calorie packs (like Pringles.)

I stopped viewing food as a treat and started viewing it as fuel and I'm better for it, honestly.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating over my maintenance calories... that's about it.
  • 3azeema
    3azeema Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cheese, unless it's very good cheese.

Full-sugar fizzy drinks

Big chewy soft cookies - 600 calories for one! <faints in shock>
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Orange juice - eating fresh oranges instead
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Meat... well kinda... and not for health/fitness reasons, more because I work in the meat department of a local store. There is a such thing as too much...
  • verodzrosas
    verodzrosas Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    meats, poultry, fast foods, candy, sodas, i have to reduce the alcohol... but that has proven a bit more difficult
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Add me to the "If I want it I'll fit it in" group. But so far fast food and juice haven't been worth fitting in.
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    I haven't stopped eating anything, but I really limit liquids that have calories in them. I hate the idea of drinking my intake when I could be eating it, so I grab a diet soda when I want some fizzies and will maybe have one cup of milk or a juice box per day. The only exception I make is for smoothies, since I load those up with stuff that will keep me out of hunger for a few hours.
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious.

I'm not talking about "banned" foods or "bad" foods here. I'm wondering what, if anything, have you stopped eating because once you started counting, you found you didn't like it enough to spend the calories on it. No right or wrong answers :)

For me: Potato chips and juice. Meh.

Potatos
    Most bread
    Candy (althought once in a while I have A peice)
    most processed foods
    pasta
    juice
    i've stopped drinking almost entirely