Tattoos...Almost got one this week

Options

Replies

• robinsondel
    Options
    I have 4. Got my first one about 12 years ago, then got 3 in a year, (oct 6th 2012-oct 5th 2013). I love them and have a few more planned. I would just like to change the shape of my body before I finish decorating it. Also, I did put thought into what I'm planning to get. I don't plan on getting flash art, but also don't think any is stupid that does. Just my .02
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    getting work done tomorrow. getting an off-shore drilling rig tattoo, figure if I'm gonna tell a few stories about working on a platform...may as well show em a picture. cause books are boring without pictures :wink:
  • IanBee93
    IanBee93 Posts: 237
    Options
    Tattoos are nasty looking. Please don't follow the trend, and get one.

Tattoos are not a trend. Yes, some people get them for the sake of fashion, and that's dumb as heck, but tattoos are an ancient and beautiful art form. Perhaps you should keep your negativity to yourself and not insult a lot of people with your narrow-minded view.

Tattoos are not art, they look nasty on skin. Art is what you find in museums.
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Skip it.

You don't put a bumper sticker on a Farrari.

sweetest. comment. ever! :heart:

No? I did, and it's awesome. It's not for everyone and if someone "overlooks" me because I have one...whatever makes them happy. If you don't like tats, don't get one. I totally respect that--just as much as I respect the choice to get one.

hmm from what ive noticed some tats can really augment a nice physique...while others detract from it

something to consider as far as tat placement

Placement was my biggest consideration...it's key
  • IanBee93
    Options

That's your opinion and it's not a trend its an art form

No it's not. Please stop using the word ''art'' so loosely.
  • Blondiegrl11
    Options

No it's not

Don't get one, pretty simple
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options

Tattoos are not a trend. Yes, some people get them for the sake of fashion, and that's dumb as heck, but tattoos are an ancient and beautiful art form. Perhaps you should keep your negativity to yourself and not insult a lot of people with your narrow-minded view.

:huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you, for this. Centuries of debate on the topic of what defines art, and you've got it down to "art is what you find in museums" :heart:
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Did you come on this thread to just be confrontational? If you don't like tattoos, that's no big deal - I wouldn't get one either, for my own reasons. But why come on a thread about tattoos if you don't like them?

Oh, oops. You want attention. That I'm now giving to you.

And how come you get to decide what is art and what isn't?
  • IanBee93
    Options
    You think the Mona Lisa would be famous if it was first discovered on someone's skin? Or if Mona Lisa had a chest tattoo? I think not. :huh:

@eblake This is the 4th thread I've seen that is about tattoos. There is another one just a few pages back, that I held my tongue on. I'm sick of it, and I'm just throwing my two cents.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

Did you come on this thread to just be confrontational? If you don't like tattoos, that's no big deal - I wouldn't get one either, for my own reasons. But why come on a thread about tattoos if you don't like them?

Oh, oops. You want attention. That I'm now giving to you.

And how come you get to decide what is art and what isn't?

Exactly! What makes you an expert on art. Even pieces hung in a museum can be questionable as art. Some of it is crap, yet it's still called art. Don't be so close minded.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i love all my ink. while i haven't drawn them myself, the meaning behind them is no less significant.

currently, i have a cover up in progress on my right shoulder. it's an eagle, and the artist doing it is using a very very thick gauge needle to get the authentic american traditional look. and yes, even the cover-up has significance. i'm covering up my first tattoo that i was a little impatient getting. it's a reminder that you can always fix things, no matter how permanent they may seem.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Don't need. Don't want.
    But I'm cool with others getting them.
  • Firefighter4ever
    Options
    I like em, have em and want more. Everything I have is something a drew myself. Cannot pick something off the wall that someone else already has.
  • Blondiegrl11
    Options
    Abstract art to me is something a child could do yet they hang on museum walls. Art is subjective and can be debated all day. If I like something for my home or my body and its pleasing to my eye, nobody else's opinion comes in to play at all. I've walked through many museums and wouldn't take half the stuff if they gave it to me yet it's famous. It's not offensive to me, that's the great thing about us...we get to like all different kinds of things.
  • robinsondel
    Options
    Abstract art to me is something a child could do yet they hang on museum walls. Art is subjective and can be debated all day. If I like something for my home or my body and its pleasing to my eye, nobody else's opinion comes in to play at all. I've walked through many museums and wouldn't take half the stuff if they gave it to me yet it's famous. It's not offensive to me, that's the great thing about us...we get to like all different kinds of things.

This
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    You think the Mona Lisa would be famous if it was first discovered on someone's skin? Or if Mona Lisa had a chest tattoo? I think not. :huh:

@eblake This is the 4th thread I've seen that is about tattoos. There is another one just a few pages back, that I held my tongue on. I'm sick of it, and I'm just throwing my two cents.

bth_mona-lisa-sexy-meme-center-1374387976_b_zps2369cc94.jpg?t=1383448547

I think she looks HOT!
  • jennilsf
    jennilsf Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Yessss!! Lol!
    I think she looks HOT!
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options

I think she looks HOT!

Imay not know art.... but I know what i like
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have a small ankle tattoo from almost 20 yrs ago and it hurt. I haven been wanting another one lately but, i know its going to hurt so its holding me back lol.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

you are simple minded...don't like it...dont comment. really simple it is.

I think that if they can fit your lifestyle ( job etc) they shouldnt be a problem if you want them. I know people from Doctors to lawyers and all walks of life in between that have them...some have alot of them. However , i think they should be something you want to live with for the rest of your life when you decide which one you get.

It can definately be a form of art. Just like when you put pictures on your walls or even the jewelry you wear. I have seen some that are beautiful and some that just make a person look hideous but, thats up to them....it is their body to do with what they choose...its not up to me to like it.