maybe tmi but im deathly scared!!

Options

Replies

• laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Please please please do not wait on a family friend, free clinic, or even planned parenthood appointment. You need to go to the hospital immediately. Like someone else said, you are likely retaining water, which can have huge medical complications, and losing that much blood for so long causes iron deficiency, lowered oxygen levels in your blood, low blood volume, etc. That's why you've been so exhausted and down lately. This is something you need to get checked out right now. Like, get off the internet right now and go. I don't want to scare you more, but this situation could have many scary, dangerous, life-altering outcomes. Please go to the ER.
  • davenporter
    davenporter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Go to the ER. Right now.
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I know you are faced with a major challenge of no insurance, but you MUST seek medical help in some form or another! I don't mean to scare you, but I bled like that (granted I was in my 40's at the time) and it turned out to be uterine cancer. I was lucky enough to get diagnosed early enough to have it removed and avoid major complications. You are too young for this, and need it diagnosed/treated asap!

Excessive bleeding can deplete iron and other minerals our bodies needs to function. The water gain and bloating could be your circulatory system flipping out. Take some supplements that at include potassium, magnesium, calcium and iron in the meantime. Drink tons of water. I also find that reducing carbs helped my edema(swelling) in legs/feet.

When I first started bleeding like that, I took progesterone RX to stop it. If I would have been younger, the doc would have put me on BC pills to regulate. If you are not on BC, you can get them at any health clinic probably free. They may reverse the problem before you end up with fertility issues later. Good luck!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Go to emergency room, they have to take you.[/i]
  • Nimnyn
    Nimnyn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i am so weak,tired, and feeling very depre2ssed lately. i have been eating amazingly, fresh veggies and salmon, chicken,etc and i drink upwards of 15 glasses of water a day.

but i am still gaining at an alarming rate and now my feet are so swollen that i cant wear shoes.

i havent been able to go to work the cramps are so bad.

i know you are not doctors but is there anyone out there who has experienced this or have tips or anything????

You NEED to see a doctor. It doesn't sound like you're gaining per se, it sounds like you are retaining large amounts of fluid which could be causing high blood pressure as a side effect. Can you go to an ER to see someone? It is VITAL that you see someone as soon as possible to make sure that you are not in danger. Please add me, I WANT to hear that you are okay. ( mom mode kicking in there, big time)
  • kneely1786
    kneely1786 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Please listen to everyone and go to the ER ASAP!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options

or

you

are

going

to

die.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Go to the emergency room. They can't refuse to treat you even if you don't have the money to pay for it (if you are in the USA -- I didn't check to see where you live). Good luck. Hope you get some answers.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need to see a doctor, Also there are free clinics such as planned parenthood, and there are temporary assistance programs (available through the ER, as long as you tell them you need it), you will still need to pay the doctors (they will set up a payment plan), but the hospital fees will be covered. Why don't you have insurance? Also, a doctor's visit is not so incredibly expensive that it's worth potentially dying over. Is there someone that can help lend you the money?
  • dizzysmile
    dizzysmile Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    *I* wouldn't go to the emergency room. More than likely they will charge you upwards of $1,000 just to spend 3 minutes telling you you need to go to a primary physician. If you feel that you're in immediate danger, by all means, go.

Do you have a Planned Parenthood near you? They will only ask that you donate what you are able to. I've gone more than once for (non-birth control-related) general medical issues and they have never asked for a dime and helped me when I needed it. I know how it feels to be afraid and not able to go to a doctor.

Make an appointment. It could only do you good! :)

Edited because people don't seem to realize that I was merely stating what *I* would do and not demanding that OP not go to the ER. e_e
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Go to the emergency room. They can't refuse to treat you even if you don't have the money to pay for it (if you are in the USA -- I didn't check to see where you live). Good luck. Hope you get some answers.

Just want to say again, go to the ER. They have to treat you. Tell them you can't pay for it and later the hospital finance office will talk to you. They will dismiss most or all of the bill. Go to the ER immediately.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Look up low fee, sliding scale anything. Or go to the ER. They can NOT turn you away. Find a planned parenthood. There are options. University hospitals are a great option.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Also, check for state programs for healthcare. I know here in MN we have MNCare which helps people get insurance for low fees when they are in a certain SES package. Check that out for sure.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go to the emergency room. More than likely they will charge you upwards of $1,000 just to spend 3 minutes telling you you need to go to a primary physician.

Do you have a Planned Parenthood near you? They will only ask that you donate what you are able to. I've gone more than once for (non-birth control-related) general medical issues and they have never asked for a dime and helped me when I needed it. I know how it feels to be afraid and not able to go to a doctor.

Have you ever heard of a Pulmonary Embolism?

Ever had your lungs fill up with fluid so much that you could literally drown to death? A situation where literally minutes is the difference between life and death?

All to be accompanied by Congestive Heart Failure? So that even if you don't die from the lack of oxygen your heart stops working?

After you or a loved one goes through this and you learn all the symptoms and signs you would never tell someone who has symptoms described by the OP not to seek immediately emergency medical care.

ETA: it's nice that you want to help and all but given the OPs symptoms your advice in this specific case is REALLY REALLY BAD and could literally result in death if followed!
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go to the emergency room. More than likely they will charge you upwards of $1,000 just to spend 3 minutes telling you you need to go to a primary physician.

Actually it will be CBC, CMP, Coags, Type & screen, fluids, US and possible CT. About $8k-$11k and more if you get admitted. But you are uninsured and won't pay the bill like all the other patients without insurance. However, you will be alive and know what is going on.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Do you have an urgent care facility, a clinic, or a Planned Parenthood, that you could go to? PCOS can cause period problems. You need to get some regular medical care, because PCOS doesn't go away.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options

GO !!

I had a bleeding problem (not quite so bad as yours) that I put off for months and months - maybe even a year or more - that turned out to be endometrial cancer. I was fortunate - a hysterectomy took care of it and no chemo or anything required after, just 6 mo. checkups for 4 years. Yours could be much much worse...
  • dizzysmile
    dizzysmile Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Ever had your lungs fill up with fluid so much that you could literally drown to death? A situation where literally minutes is the difference between life and death?

All to be accompanied by Congestive Heart Failure?

After you or a loved one goes through this and you learn all the symptoms and signs you would never tell someone who has symptoms described by the OP not to seek immediately emergency medical care.

ETA: it's nice that you want to help and all but given the OPs symptoms your advice in this specific case is REALLY REALLY BAD and could literally result in death if followed!

I didn't say "don't go," I said that *I* wouldn't. By all means, if she feels that she is in immediate danger, she should go to an ER. I definitely have in the past. I was just giving her other ideas too.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    5 months?! And you are just considering medical help now? Are you crazy?
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

All to be accompanied by Congestive Heart Failure?

I didn't say "don't go," I said that *I* wouldn't. By all means, if she feels that she is in immediate danger, she should go to an ER. I definitely have in the past. I was just giving her other ideas too.

So if you described your symptoms and a dozen or so people all urged you to go to the ER immediately... you wouldn't? you'd make an appointment and wait? really?