Replies

• lissaann29078
    lissaann29078 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have 4 and plan to get more!!!!
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My first tattoo was on my upper thigh and it barely hurt. Think of a cat's claw scratching in the same spot over and over. I FELT it, but it wasn't bad. Then a couple of years later, I got a bigger colorful butterfly on the back of my ankle. OMG. My leg was twitching on its own. The artist was soooo good. I don't know HOW all of the lines and whatnot turned out. It's a beautiful tattoo.

I plan to get another one but I haven't come up with exactly what I want yet. The tattoo on my upper thigh has faded quite a bit. It was a simple little dragonfly and I'm thinking of covering that up with something new (and way more meaningful).

For ME, I'd like to have tattoos that are not really "in your face". The upper thigh is a good spot because even shorts can hide it. The tattoo on the back of my left ankle is about 2 inches wide and 1.5 inches high. Having it on the back means it isn't really even visible when you glance at the side of my leg.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have sixteen hours of ink on me. I've never done flash though - I think about what I want and what it means to me, then I go and talk to the artist. I've found one I like a lot who has done most of my work at this point. We make a consult, I bring her or e-mail her some pictures that are close to what I had in mind, then talk to her about the placement, size, color or not, what's important to me, etc. Then we make an appointment 3-4 weeks later and she'll draw something before then. The day of our appointment we make any changes I want, then get started.

This is my most recent one -
    1382351_623920791198_2043538302_n.jpg

and this is my biggest -

304146_547489105908_1514876768_n.jpg

Beautiful!

I just got my first one on Wednesday, and taking the bandage off the next morning hurt worse than actually getting it done lol
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    2m26eeh.jpg
    2jfzymu.jpg
    hummingbird I painted and had tattooed in no-outline, watercolor style.

I especially love your back tat! So pretty!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Walked by a local polynesian tattoo shop and stopped inside.... found a really cool tat that I liked

Ive never liked any tattoo before

Thought about it, then realized Im not polynesian so it may look stupid

And one dude it there getting one looked like he was going to die

So I left

Discuss your own almost experiences

FIFY

I almost hooked up with Dennis Rodman in OC at a house party of his on my way out. I was handing out free kisses to anyone on my way out, (frenchers) and he zoomed up headed to his car witnessing the nonsense but by then my friends were already in OMGshe's too drunk lock down mode for my lips so he just got a chuckle off it.....NEXT!
  • Jmeisalive
    Jmeisalive Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few...and regret none of them.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few...and regret none of them.
    Care to share? Would definitely love to see your art :)
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a few. Once you get one you'll be hooked.

Make it memorable, personal, unique - not something off the wall!!!!! Tattoo artist are just that - ARTISTS. Use the pictures on the wall/internet to get an idea of what you want, then have the artist design something special for you.

If you don't like what they draw out, go to someone else. My last guy was going to improvise a background, but then got tired so he said to come back another day. Yet it cost the full amount of the tattoo budget to get the incomplete tattoo.

Go off word-of-mouth, awards, or something. If you see someone with a high-quality tattoo, ask who did it. Walking into a random place where the guys have nothing to show for it - you're taking a risk. Unless you want something REALLY simple, then you might as well get it done for less. But if it's prominent or complicated, find an artist with a good reputation.

And don't ever get one while drunk. Unless you planned it out while you were sober.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    No tats, but I have one I'd love to get in my mind's eye. Since I have squat for artistic ability I'd have a particular artist design and do it. He lives several states away, but if/when I can get a tattoo I'll make that trip because that stuff is permanent so a crappy job just isn't gonna happen. I say "if/when" because the one barrier to getting a tattoo is my status as a blood donor. A tat would place me on the deferred list for a year. Blood donation is too important to me to stop for a year just for a selfish reason. That would be 3/4 of a gallon that would not be available in the system.

If I ever get a long term deferral for another reason though, it's ON!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    OP please make sure to post pics if you do get a tattoo:flowerforyou:
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options

and this is my biggest -

304146_547489105908_1514876768_n.jpg

if you don't mind my asking, where is your artist located? i'm taking a trip to the east coast this summer and i'd really like to get in touch with her. these are amazing.

I was wondering that myself! T
    he wonderful artist who did my pin-up moved to Texas and I haven't found anyboy else whom I trust as much to do my other arm
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'd probably get a tattoo a month if I had the money!! My legs are completely covered and my upper back. The only ones that were uncomfortable were the ones on the center of my ankle.....some ones I practically fell asleep during!
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    OP please make sure to post pics if you do get a tattoo:flowerforyou:

Of course!
  • cmira5ol
    cmira5ol Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I love tats....I have a few and plan to get more
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    I love my tats... Do not love getting them or the healing process tho!