maybe tmi but im deathly scared!!

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Go to the emergency room. They HAVE to take you, even if you can't pay.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Good job sticking to your guns and good luck! I'm so glad another doctor took you seriously.

Yeah, I agree!! Thanks for keeping us updated!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    hey guys. i went to er. same dr as before and he said its just water retention from my period combined with my weight. and im anemic but to just take iron pills. i got so furious and demanded another dr. and finally got one and it was a female!!and as soon as that dr saw my feet and heard about the weight gain she admitted me. theyve been running tests and giving me.a couple units. ill update when i get more info.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering...:flowerforyou:
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    hey guys. i went to er. same dr as before and he said its just water retention from my period combined with my weight. and im anemic but to just take iron pills. i got so furious and demanded another dr. and finally got one and it was a female!!and as soon as that dr saw my feet and heard about the weight gain she admitted me. theyve been running tests and giving me.a couple units. ill update when i get more info.

^^^^ Good for you for demanding another doctor!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

I'm sorry that you're in the hospital, but I'm so glad that you insisted on that second opinion!
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

In for the update.

Good luck.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I have been where you are. That was actually how I got diagnosed.....there isn't much the doctors do other than monitor your iron levels. You're likely anaemic at this point. Get it checked out
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    thank you for updating.

I'm sorry you're not well but glad you are in a place where they will look after you. i repeat what i said before - DON'T let them brush you off, if you feel something isn't right. (I learned this the hard way). if something is incredibly wrong, then there is a reason. It's THEIR job to find it.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Go to an emergency drop in clinic, they are cheaper than the ER....
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    I have been wondering how you are and glad you got medical attention. Please keep us updated when you can.
  • DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My friend had the same problem a few years ago, you need to go to the emergency room ASAP!!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Yup. Sounds like menorrhaegia? Had it since I was 16, been hospitalised twice for losing so much blood. I used to struggle to walk anywhere as it made it worse and was exhausted all the time. Had it for 5 months after my daughter was born.

It comes and goes - when it comes my GP prescribes Norehisterone which soon settles it. They used to give women hysterectomies but those days have gone. If it IS that you'll probably be anaemic and need iron tablets. Sometimes you need a D&C.

BUT you MUST go to the GP. Anaemia can be pretty dangerous if it's extreme.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Can you call your dr and talk to a nurse? I do that sometimes if i am not sure if i need to go in. They should tell you if you need to be seen right away or can wait.

I did not read all 5 pages here so sorry if it is a repeat or if you have gotten help already.

I wish you the best though.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Guess i should have read....glad you got help!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Yup. Sounds like menorrhaegia? Had it since I was 16, been hospitalised twice for losing so much blood. I used to struggle to walk anywhere as it made it worse and was exhausted all the time. Had it for 5 months after my daughter was born.

It comes and goes - when it comes my GP prescribes Norehisterone which soon settles it. They used to give women hysterectomies but those days have gone. If it IS that you'll probably be anaemic and need iron tablets. Sometimes you need a D&C.

BUT you MUST go to the GP. Anaemia can be pretty dangerous if it's extreme.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    a couple of units of what??
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

In for the update.

Good luck.

Thank God...hope you get the care you need
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

Good. Hope it all works out!
  • guroprincess
    Options

In for the update.

Good luck.

Same. Good job on demanding another doctor. I'm glad they're finally taking you seriously.