TOO CHUBBY FOR MY TWENTIES (OCTOBER CHALLENGE!)!

Options

Replies

• HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    LostAlykat: To weigh less than 170, to make it to the AM workout class 2 times a week/ workout 5 days a week.
    Stuartme123: To weigh less than 160lbs, to work out at least 3 days a week
    sophieg77: to lose 3 kilos. 1k to go!
    *** TheAmateur- To lose 7lbs (almost there ... maybe I should adjust it to 10lbs ?!?!?) ***
    spellbinder25 - Lose 8 lbs by end of October, exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy (= avoid desserts)! - 4 lbs to go & doing pretty well on the desserts :)
    Allie7383: To begin and stick with the TurboFire schedule for Oct (and beyond), and get into the 160's... officially weighed in at 168 this morning!! new goal will be to be under 165.
    emmyworthy: Have lost 13 lbs so far( nearly a stone woohoooo!) still hoping to be under 200lbs by the 31st but if it doesn't happen i'm okay with losing around 18-20lbs=]
    tjradd73-lose 10lbs (down 7lbs and 3lbs to go!)
    Steph_135 - To reach 183 lbs by Halloween, workout more than I am now (2-3 times a week), and to buy new running shoes.
    MeganKS - to reach a weight below 200lbs for the first time in over a year, work out for at least 30 min a day, incorporate more fruits and veggies into my daily food intake
    christzl - lose 8 lbs by end of October (lose 60lbs in total)
    Paigeb15- my already planned goal for the month was to run my first 5K (completed on 10/16! at 34 min), other goal.. maintain my goal weight of 115 all month (ive been here before but never maintained) and work on toning up!
    kattungen - lose 3.3 lbs by November 1st
    CoryIda - 30-45 minutes of cardio 5x/week
    guamgrly (Bethany) - lose 2 pounds and get back to working out at least 2 times per week
    sbusch21- To get down to 180lbs by halloween, keep training for my race in november, and drink more water.
    hazeldiva1913- to loose 3 lbs a week until christmas. 2 hour workouts in the am 6 days a week.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Meggon - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! 7 years is incredible :bigsmile: Enjoy!! And enjoy weight-loss and running achievements too. You have a lot to be proud of this week!

Hazel - Welcome! Good luck meeting your goals - Hope you can stay motivated with goals that strict! Keep us posted.

-Meag
  • Riechanster
    Options
    hoping there's a november challenge coming :)
  • Margarette
    Margarette Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    LostAlykat: To weigh less than 170, to make it to the AM workout class 2 times a week/ workout 5 days a week.
    *** TheAmateur- To lose 7lbs (almost there ... maybe I should adjust it to 10lbs ?!?!?) ***
    spellbinder25 - Lose 8 lbs by end of October, exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy (= avoid desserts)! - 4 lbs to go & doing pretty well on the desserts :)
    Allie7383: To begin and stick with the TurboFire schedule for Oct (and beyond), and get into the 160's... officially weighed in at 168 this morning!! new goal will be to be under 165.
    emmyworthy: Have lost 13 lbs so far( nearly a stone woohoooo!) still hoping to be under 200lbs by the 31st but if it doesn't happen i'm okay with losing around 18-20lbs=]
    Steph_135 - To reach 183 lbs by Halloween, workout more than I am now (2-3 times a week), and to buy new running shoes.
    MeganKS - to reach a weight below 200lbs for the first time in over a year, work out for at least 30 min a day, incorporate more fruits and veggies into my daily food intake
    Paigeb15- my already planned goal for the month was to run my first 5K (completed on 10/16! at 34 min), other goal.. maintain my goal weight of 115 all month (ive been here before but never maintained) and work on toning up!
    guamgrly (Bethany) - lose 2 pounds and get back to working out at least 2 times per week
    sbusch21- To get down to 180lbs by halloween, keep training for my race in november, and drink more water.
    hazeldiva1913- to loose 3 lbs a week until christmas. 2 hour workouts in the am 6 days a week.
    margarette - to lose 16lbs and be toned to perfection by the time the hubby gets home from deployment (7 months- should be doable right?)
  • mindalyn
    mindalyn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    ok. i have to say it, but i love this board! i am 25, returning to mfp from about a 4 month hiatus. i just moved back to the states from the netherlands. i would love to join this challenege, even tho oct has only 1 week left. really lookin forward to starting it in the beginning in nov!

congrats on all the good work yall!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    hoping there's a november challenge coming :)
    Me too!! :heart:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure there is a November group starting. I just got back from a 10 mile run in the rain, it was awesome! My back is a little sore and it feels like I pinched something but I think a little ice and rest will do the trick. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have an appointment with a nutritionist in a few hours!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    I am pretty sure there is a November group starting. I just got back from a 10 mile run in the rain, it was awesome! My back is a little sore and it feels like I pinched something but I think a little ice and rest will do the trick. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have an appointment with a nutritionist in a few hours!
    Aly- You are a machine, lady! I just got in from 9.2kms and that was a struggle! I can't even imagine running 10 miles... Not ever! haha Good luck with the nutritionist and make sure you rest up that back :S Don't want you on the DL.

As for me - really, really proud of my 9+ km run today. I KNOW I can finish my 10k on Saturday now. The best part was running the last 0.75 miles just faster than 6mph. I love that I can dig deep and pull it out for the last mile or so. Such a rewarding feeling :happy:

Have a great weekend everyone! Weigh-in tomorrow - hoping all my hard-work is going to show on the scales. I'm definitely notice a difference in how I look and feel. Maybe not lighter but definitely fitter and slightly more toned. Yay! :drinker:
    -Meag:heart:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked in for a while now. My October goal was 30-45 minutes of cardio and I was doing that every day until last week - I got sick and that turned into bronchitis and I am on Day 4 of antibiotics and STILL not feeling much better. The doctor told me not to work out until I recover so I haven't been doing any exercise all week but have stayed within my calorie goals and still lost weight. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon because I really MISS my daily workout.
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    OMG I haven't checked in all weekend... and reading all your posts are amazing inspiration to get back on track! Well done everyone!!!!
    I've had a pretty bad weekend food wise. On Saturday me and my best friend drove down to London to stay in a swanky hotel for her birthday and we got slightly pissed on champagne and wine (baaaaad calories) and then ordered some cheesy chicken nachos!!! They were delicious but definitely not worth how ever many calories they were hiding in their yumminess! Then the next morning we hopped on the tube and went across London to this fashion event that we had tickets for. I'm in love with America's Next Top Model and it was a Britain's Next Top Model event with clothes and beauty stalls and all sorts of free goodies and we got to watch the most amazing catwalk! I wasn't too bad that day although I didn't log anything and I probably did go over!
    But I'm not gonna let a weekend of fun ruin my new healthy lifestyle!!! I'm back to logging and working out today and even though I am going to Belfast for the weekend with my boyfriend this weekend, I know that it doesn't have to be an indulgent trip! I can still eat healthily!
    And I'm still hoping for a loss at this weeks weigh in....have quite a few days to work off some of those calories with a good bout of cardio every day=]

This thread is the reason that I am not down heartened by this weekends food fest! I know that with all of your help I can get back on track and continue to lose weight steadily and healthily.

Love you guys!!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    JUST WANTED TO SAY CONGRATS TO EVERYONE FOR STICKING TO IT THIS MONTH!!! AND WITH 6 DAYS LEFT KEEP IT GOING!!

margarette - to lose 16lbs and be toned to perfection by the time the hubby gets home from deployment (7 months- should be doable right?)
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone on doing so well!!

And, a very big thank you to all of you for keeping so motivated. I've never been this motivated about my weight loss and it's never happened at such a good pace...averaging a loss of 1.5lbs/week...i'm so happy!! This week i've lost 2lbs....yay yay yay yay yay!!!!

2 more to go to meet this month's goal....it seemed impossible at the beginning of the month but now definitely seems doable.

Good luck everyone!!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    So I went to a nutritionist and I have a few diet changes to make, as in..... eating broccoli for breakfast? yep that is true very strange but I think I can deal. I have to cut out all breads and pasta for a little while so my body can get back to normal. I am not supposed to count calories since she doesn't want me to worry about that. I will however come and check in with everyone. So glad everyone is doing good! My back is seriously hurting so I got up early to ice it. Now it is time for my veggie breakfast haha.
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    good morning everyone (or evening depending where you live)!

i am still coming off a high of losing 1.8lbs last week after a small plateau for 2 weeks. i'm hoping to get 2 more lbs off this week to end the month strong, but i am also so proud of how far i've come. 19.4lbs gone in less than 3 months! it might as well be 20lbs in my eyes. i have NEVER lost this much weight and i am so happy. i've got quite a bit to go, but i am not discouraged because i KNOW i can do this. it's all a mind battle and i'm winning. :) i'm looking forward to measuring myself at the end of the month to see how many inches i've lost.

i can't wait to see everyone's results this month! we've all done so great! even if you've slipped up, admitting it & getting back on the health train is a success in itself! go us!! :)

have we decided on a name for the november challenge?

have a great week!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing amazing!! :happy: I am looking forward to the November challenge so that I can get a full month of inspiration and motivation in.

My weekend was pretty good but I tend to not be as structured during the weekends because I am eating with the family more often. Went to a wedding with my boyfriend on Friday night and I think I worked off the small slice of cake with the dancing that I did. The rest of the weekend actually went pretty well after I logged it all this morning. Turns out, I was under calories both days. I am hoping that there will be enough room in the kids club at the gym tomorrow night so that I can do my kickboxing and hula classes that I love so much. I was so excited to go last week but when we got there, they already had too many kids in the kids club so I couldn't leave my daughter. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. And tomorrow is my official weigh-in day so hopefully it works in my favor.

Happy Losing all!!
  • Pandemonium
    Options
    To lose another 4 pounds before the end of the month.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Name for the Nov Challenge... Kicking *kitten* in our Twenties, I thought? hahaha Either way it's going to be fine. Something wrt healthy living would be fine with me as well.

Short update for now (I know, I always write way too much!) -- I missed my weigh-in this morning. Ended up spending the night out of town at my boyfriends place in order to stop in at a running store out of town to pick up my brand new fuel belt for Saturday's 10k race (http://www.runningfree.com/detail.aspx?ID=15081). Seems silly but the store is only open 10-6 and it's about 45 mins from my place so it just made sense. I didn't want to weigh in when I got home after breakfast + coffee since I knew it wouldn't be accurate and would probably disappoint me, so I'm going to weigh-in tomorrow morning. As for my Oct 31st weigh-in, I will likely wait until Mon Nov 1st for the official since a) I usually weigh-in on Mondays and b) I have to work Sat night after my 10k race and I'm going to be devouring loads of food. Will need a good 24hours to recoup :happy:

That's about it for me. I definitely feel healthier, fitter and thinner this week. I'm also pumped for more of my push-up challenge! Good luck on your last week in Oct, everyone! I am loving this thread :bigsmile:
    -Meag :heart:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Here's an updated list, including some of the newer recruits :wink: Hope I haven't left anyone out! One last push before the month is up, everyone! 6 more days!!!

meagalayne: To reach 135lbs, complete my 10k race, and be able to do 5 full regular push-ups - 0.8lbs to go!
    inskydiamonds: use the WiiFit at least 5 times a week for at least half hour sessions. Increase the amount of good fats I'm eating and decrease my sodium intake.
    cshaffer213: Lose a total of 20 lbs - Started @ 8 and am curently @ 18.5 only 1.5 lbs left!! :D
    TheNewStacie: Lose 5 lbs, get in at least 3 days of cardio
    miss_amy: To lose 4 more lbs & work out 5 days a week!-2.2lbs to go!
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 162 lbs & to have a 10 mile single week running mileage
    TheAmateur- lose 7lbs (almost there ... maybe I should adjust it to 10lbs ?!?!?)
    Pandemonium- To lose another 4 pounds before the end of the month.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Meag - I like your name for the November challenge!!! :laugh:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Meag - I like your name for the November challenge!!! :laugh:
    Oh I can't take credit... Someone cooked it up earlier in the thread!