Approached

Options

Replies

• joepayer
    joepayer Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    YES!! LOL, for that reason, I don't typically add any men. I just rather not go there. I don't feel sexy when I'm counting calories, venting about my struggles, and sharing the joys of wanting to lose weight. Not all the guys are that way, but to avoid it, I just decline the male requests.

don't paint us all with the same brush.

^^^^^^ This
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    you don't want a date....cool.

I have to pee....I may make a thread about that too.
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    YES!! LOL, for that reason, I don't typically add any men. I just rather not go there. I don't feel sexy when I'm counting calories, venting about my struggles, and sharing the joys of wanting to lose weight. Not all the guys are that way, but to avoid it, I just decline the male requests.

I mean--I don't know a lot of ladies that start off meeting a man and saying "Hi! I'm 200lbs". I was approached and it was just awkward. This isn't Match.com, Plenty of Fish, OkCupid, Farmers.com, or whatever. I'm a fatty and I want to lose weight. That is it! haha
    Oh haven't tried farmers.com yet.... :noway:
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options

Please don't....
  • XXElmaXX
    Options
    I´m here because I want to lose weight.

I have never been approached by man or hit on in here. I guess I´m too ugly hehe.

If people are looking for dates they should go elsewhere
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I've met just as many supportive and wonderful men on this site as I have women! So don't rule an entire gender out. Do I sometimes get the occasional message? Yeah, but if someone gets weird and takes something further than I want to go I just stop responding and they get the hint lol.
  • marionmmm
    Options
    Truth. I originally came in here to track my food and exercise. I was here for the reason this site was created, not for the site that it has become. At least in this particular forum.

I find most topics to be repetitive. Haven't seen anything new in a very long time. I flirt a little, get sarcastic a little, even met a few people I can relate to, but the main reason I am in here is because I am bored at work sometimes. I never log into MFP at home. Too many better things to do.

In all reality, when I retire, I will shut this profile down and get on with more productive things. Until then, I'll bet I can be just as shallow and redundant as the rest of you.

THIS!!!! EXACTLY THIS... it is like we are related... hehehehehehe but dang it I want to hit on someone...
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I had one the other day. Talked with the guy for a bit on Kik, he was totally creepy, deleted from FL and blocked on Kik. Simple!

Is the attention nice? Totally. Do I still have the power to decide who I want to talk to/have on my FL? Absolutely.

If you don't like it, delete/decline and move on :smile:
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I had one the other day. Talked with the guy for a bit on Kik, he was totally creepy, deleted from FL and blocked on Kik. Simple!

Is the attention nice? Totally. Do I still have the power to decide who I want to talk to/have on my FL? Absolutely.

could they not just message you again if you have the same name with a different account??

I suppose they could, but that would be a lot of effort to go to. I haven't had an issue with anyone doing that. Then again I've only ever had this account.

Anyone else know?
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I've met just as many supportive and wonderful men on this site as I have women! So don't rule an entire gender out. Do I sometimes get the occasional message? Yeah, but if someone gets weird and takes something further than I want to go I just stop responding and they get the hint lol.

This.

I can definitely confirm there's a lot of socially awkward men and women on MFP, and most other online social sites.
    If you can't handle the attention, stop attracting the wrong people.

Unless a guy or girl is completely socially retarded, they're not going to instantly start flirting with you in a serious manner, if you're not giving them anything.

I know some of you on here are probably starting to look a little better, that's great and that may be contributing to some extra attention, but if you can't handle it, you should probably revert back to your previous self, or grow up. Take it easy, I'm sure some of you thrive on the attention anyways, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but don't be a hypocrite.

A lot of the people ITT still look like they have a ways to go, and that's fine, but there's no reason to contribute negatively and complain about things that in all likelihood aren't even a legitimate problem for you.

Threads like these make the guys on here sound Beta, and the women look like attention *kitten* to people who may not know any better than to judge an entire gender based upon hearsay and malicious slander. Which unfortunately appears to be a lot of people.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site for over a year an a half.

There was a time when I did the whole thong thursday and booby friday gig, and yeah - I got some messages from random strangers. Was I surprised? No. Why? because I put myself out there in a way that drew attention. I was struggling with self esteem, and admittedly craved the attention. I got a lot of it when I posted in the bang, pass, smash, smooch, smack with a rubber chicken threads....

I grew up (mostly). I don't need to do the booby friday pics, or the thong thursday pics anymore. I never go into the rate me threads, unless I want to good naturedly tease one of my friends who have. I may throw in a sexier ab shot from time to time, but mostly I try to find pics that show off the hard work I've done, while trying to keep it classy. My focus has changed, and the results have changed accordingly.

Do I still get creepy messages? No, not really. I haven't in a long time, and I'm good with that. :)

Is it rape culture to say that if I'm suggestively clothed, to expect that someone will comment suggestively? No, I think it's recognizing human nature. Some try to be appreciative and come off creepy. Some try to be creepy and come off creepy.

To the lady in the corset shot... You look great. You have nice lines. And yes, you look sexy (even if that wasn't your intent). Someone will comment on that. I'm sorry to say it, but it's truth. If you can't take it... then post a private blog post for your friends with the corset shot, and rock something less sexy in your profile.
  • Yodifer
    Options
    I've never been approached in MFP,.....now I have a complex about it lol
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I am all for meeting people with similar interests and goals. I want to know what motivates you and what works for you. I'm on here because I want to lose weight. Has anyone else been approached on here as if this is a dating website? I keep accepting friends, because I truly want a good support system. I don't want a date.

Flirting happens, but that is no different than just hanging with friends. I spend most my time here trying to share things I find motivational. That is all. If someone sends their noodz to me, so be it.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Change your profile pic if it bothers you that much.

<~~~~~Most guys leave the Star Wars nerd alone. I only get hit on when I put up actual pictures of myself.

How you doin'? :wink:
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I didn't start this thread to get made fun of or to come across as a prude. I'm very down to earth. I was a MP in the Army. I can handle being around men and hearing their banter. I guess I was just caught off guard that I would come to this forum to talk about weightloss (which, lets be honest---most women are SUPER sensitive about telling someone their weight) that I just didn't put 2+2 together that someone would hit on me. I'm not against it. I'm not inviting it. I just wasn't expecting it is all.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

could they not just message you again if you have the same name with a different account??

I suppose they could, but that would be a lot of effort to go to. I haven't had an issue with anyone doing that. Then again I've only ever had this account.

Anyone else know?

I know of people who created separate accounts to creep on people here, to the point that one of the creeped had to deactivate.
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I didn't start this thread to get made fun of or to come across as a prude. I'm very down to earth. I was a MP in the Army. I can handle being around men and hearing their banter. I guess I was just caught off guard that I would come to this forum to talk about weightloss (which, lets be honest---most women are SUPER sensitive about telling someone their weight) that I just didn't put 2+2 together that someone would hit on me. I'm not against it. I'm not inviting it. I just wasn't expecting it is all.

didnt read
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Tyler beat you to it. :tongue:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080991-i-have-to-pee
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Dont know about whether or not this is a dating site....

I am here for the Journey....

journey-o.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Dont know about whether or not this is a dating site....

I am here for the Journey....

journey-o.gif

You've crushed all my hopes and dreams! :sad: