Pastry Chef: Immoral and Unethical?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are so rude. Follow Thumpers advice.

We are all here for the same reasons people. To cure obesity.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Also, Pop Tarts arent pastry!!!

But it says pastry right on the box!

BTW, I couldn't decide if this was serious until page 3.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    And all I can think about now is Olliebollen and poffertjes (dutch pastries).
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I know plenty of healthy people who eat the occasional pastry. Its not like she is forcing these things down peoples' throats.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I know plenty of healthy people who eat the occasional pastry. Its not like she is forcing these things down peoples' throats.
    You think they're healthy, but I bet they're really skinny fat. And all because of pastry!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I was going to say something like, "Frankly, I think your attitude helps the obesity epidemic more than your friend's career. Her career allows customers to be responsible for their choices, whereas yours completely removes personal responsibility from the equation. Few if any of us got fat because of what other people do, we got fat because we made bad cho

We got fat because food companies have pushed their sugar laced devil food on us for decades now! If that food didnt exist then none of us would be fat. Gun crimes do not exist when guns are banned. Obesity doesnt exist when sugar laced foods are banned.

Duh

ok...I agree with you on the sugar part but I did not intend to start a debate about gun control. I own guns and enjoy hunting. Its one of the few things we have to do in NE. Responsible gun ownership is key. Guns ARE NOT addicting like sugar is you just have to take precautions.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You think they're healthy, but I bet they're really skinny fat. And all because of pastry!

I see what you did there.....LOL!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I realy can't tell if this is a serious post..

If Yes...

Get a grip....

If no...

hehe
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am shocked at the responses!!! :noway:

OP, you are right to feel the way you feel. Ignore the haterz. There the ones who would EAT THOSE PASTRIES!!! Maybe you should tell your friend you need a "friendship break" until they can take a good hard look at what their doing to themselves (and others).

If their your true friend they will reconsider.
  • LePetitCochon
    Options
    You don't need friends like that!
  • MrsBingley
    Options
    I was going to say something like, "Frankly, I think your attitude helps the obesity epidemic more than your friend's career. Her career allows customers to be responsible for their choices, whereas yours completely removes personal responsibility from the equation. Few if any of us got fat because of what other people do, we got fat because we made bad cho

We got fat because food companies have pushed their sugar laced devil food on us for decades now! If that food didnt exist then none of us would be fat. Gun crimes do not exist when guns are banned. Obesity doesnt exist when sugar laced foods are banned.

Duh

ok...I agree with you on the sugar part but I did not intend to start a debate about gun control. I own guns and enjoy hunting. Its one of the few things we have to do in NE. Responsible gun ownership is key. Guns ARE NOT addicting like sugar is you just have to take precautions.

OP, you really, really need to check your sarcasm meter :-/

ETA: or, you are the greatest Poe ever.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Duh

Yeah, OP. Do you even know what sarchasm is? GOD!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Duh

Yeah, OP. Do you even know what sarchasm is? GOD!

*snort*
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the thread, but I have a few thoughts to contribute: There are no redeeming qualities to cigarettes -- they're bad for you, period. Even in moderation. The whole cigarette mega-industry is, in my opinion, criminal, and should be further controlled. Pastries, on the other hand, are just food. They're not addictive the way nicotine is, and eaten in moderation they cause no harm. They're not the cause of the American obesity epidemic...please. I think the OP is overreacting.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    omg i just finally put two and two together. this thread. smh. stupid night shifts making me forget... things...
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Congratulate her , she is in work , not a mass murderer , no one is forcing any one to over eat what she will be making , lighten up :)
    Exactly! There are 5000 different things that people do to hurt themselves physically, emotionally, mentally and having a goddamn pastry every once in a while and your friend preparing it as her profession does not make her the devil. I have found myself getting on my "high horse" now that I have lost alot of weight and I have to remember to keep that in check..because remember, whereas now we may only have one pastry every now and again...alot of us used to eat many pastries more often than we would care to admit! :).
  • 2fat4knees
    2fat4knees Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow! Who elected you to the food police! Not everyone who indulges in a pastry is obese. Some people only eat desserts occasionally. Not everyone is overweight or diabetic or whatever. And many pastries are savory rather than sweet.....maybe she'll even create some great low sugar treats. Sugar itself is not inherently "evil". We must all be responsible for our own eating habits.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You should kill her to save the others. It's the right thing to do.

This ^^ For Sure!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    The correct response to this post is either "lol" or "you're kinda crazy, huh?" I'm not sure which applies, though.