Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Dont go to her party.

Or anywhere.

Ever.
  • Bromard6
    Bromard6 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is an article from The Onion, right?
  • Bromard6
    Bromard6 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Dont go to her party.

Or anywhere.

Ever.

We have a winner!
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    SHE is not directly contributing to obesity or harming anyone...we are all in control over what we eat/dont eat.

I am not obese and I freaking love a good pastry and thank your friend for her culinary skills which allow my taste buds to to enjoy such pleasure.
  • sriley7682
    sriley7682 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke? Like others have already said, pastries and sweet treats are supposed to be just that... TREATS. You don't eat them everyday. Or, at least, you shoudn't. I'm in school for Baking and Pastry Arts and I do it because I enjoy it and it's my artistic outlet. No one is ever forced to eat what I make. This thread is hilarious and can't be real.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    spiderman-threat-or-menace.jpg
  • ArthurMcCann
    Options
    This has to be the stupidest post I have ever seen. Are you really serious if so you need to get a life. Oh my gosh everyone run for cover its the case of the deadly pastry. While some people can't eat sweets thousands of us can with no harm to our health at all and she is providing us a valuable and needed service. Let me know where she is working at perhaps in my travels I'll be able to stop in and enjoy one of her sweet creations.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This has to be the stupidest post I have ever seen. Are you really serious if so you need to get a life. Oh my gosh everyone run for cover its the case of the deadly pastry. While some people can't eat sweets thousands of us can with no harm to our health at all and she is providing us a valuable and needed service. Let me know where she is working at perhaps in my travels I'll be able to stop in and enjoy one of her sweet creations.
    Just because you have not had the terrible experience of losing a loved one to a deadly pastry doesn't give you the right to laugh at those of us who have!
  • Grammy4You
    Options
    I can see where you are coming from but, the pastry is already out there and it can earn a living she enjoys. It is up to each person, individually to decide whether or not to eat what is put in front of them or to not allow it to be put in front of them.
    I was proud of my husband last night when he turned down a piece of sugar free strawberry pie when 4 other people, including myself ate it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    apparently you don't believe in taking responsibility for yourself... or believe that anyone else can do so for THEMSELVES.

Just lock yourself in your house.

If it's what she wants to do- let her be. For crying out loud.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    What you guys think? Am I right? Or should I ease up, be happy for my friend and go to the party even if I feel like I’m compromising on my morals and ethics?

Since I'm bulking, send any "free samples" you get to me.

For analysis, of course.
  • ArthurMcCann
    Options
    I am wondering if we can also ban other major health risks. Perhaps car mechanics since they fix cars who are involved in thousands of deaths each year. We could ban wall street traders since the stress of the market cause thousands to have heart attacks. And maybe we need to ban farmers since vegetables and fruits cause so many cases of e-coli each year.
  • ArthurMcCann
    Options
    Dont go to her party.

Or anywhere.

Ever.

We have a winner!

Love this
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    OK I've read up to page 7 and now I want to go to my local patisserie and shove every delicious sugar-and-fat-laden treat I can afford into my mouth. And it's YOUR fault, OP, YOURS. I hope you're happy.
    Exactly! He's contributing to obesity. Not at all supportive, if you ask me.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I got out of the business (I'm a professionally trained pastry chef, now working at a nonprofit)! As much as I love seeing the look on someone's face when they eat my creation, I couldn't get over the fact that I was contributing to society's obesity epidemic.

I still make birthday/baby shower treats out of my home, but that's as far as I'll go.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Your friend is basically Hitler.

That was quick.....
  • rml_16
    Options
    This is exactly why I got out of the business (I'm a professionally trained pastry chef, now working at a nonprofit)! As much as I love seeing the look on someone's face when they eat my creation, I couldn't get over the fact that I was contributing to society's obesity epidemic.

I still make birthday/baby shower treats out of my home, but that's as far as I'll go.
    So people getting older or having babies are allowed to get fat and that doesn't bother you? You hate old pepole and mothers, then. I see.
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options

So people getting older or having babies are allowed to get fat and that doesn't bother you? You hate old pepole and mothers, then. I see.
    Doesn't everyone hate old people and mothers?
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I just think it’s wrong for someone to knowingly provide sugar laden treats to others knowing the harm it causes.

Grow up, geeeez.

Pastries and sugar are not evil. They are beautiful creations to be enjoyed sometimes. A friend of yours is doing something cool with their life and all you can do is demonize them and the tasty art they create? If your friend was strapping diabetics down in chairs and shooting them up with sugar, then I might agree that it's unethical. But you're stretching this way too far. Learn to appreciate good things.
    See, isn't that pretty much what Ry is doing by posting this thread about delicious, sugary, melt-in-your-mouth pastries? On a calorie-counting Web site, of all places? He should be ashamed of himself.
  • rml_16
    Options

Doesn't everyone hate old people and mothers?
    Touché.