Losing weight in my buttox? NOT GOOD

Options
I want to tone my legs and *kitten* but I feel like my *kitten* is disappearing from all the cardio I'm doing……. I've cut back because I still want to slim my waist, etc…. Help?

Replies

• YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting! Especially squats.
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy!
    You´ll never get a toned body by wasting your time doing cardio:angry:
  • sersi72
    Options
    That was happening to me too! These guys are right cut back on the cardio and start lifting. Deadlifts don't seem like much but boy do they get your "bubble" back
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Lift lift lift:) We look like we have similar builds. I've managed to maintain a 22'' waist and keep my butt by cutting down on cardio and picking up weight training. Good luck!
  • Krista916
    Options
    Squats, lunges, more squats, reverse lunges, more squats, and finally squat.
  • nebjennison
    Options
    squats
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Squats! Google all the different kinds and do them all. Or get Brazil Butt Lift.
  • samco66
    samco66 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges and reverse lunges . The same thing happned to me, i was only running and i lost my butt ! Now i weight lift, squats and lunges and its back and looking better then ever! i still run but its not the only thing i do. good luck :)
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I had this same exact problem and fixed it with weighted squats and glute bridges.

I love the "buttox" spelling.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Squats! Google all the different kinds and do them all. Or get Brazil Butt Lift.

I do Brazil Butt Lift. Great program!! I recommend!!
  • kathycyr2012
    kathycyr2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    agree with the lunges,weights, etc. But give yoga and pilates a try to keep a lean look
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    squat
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    You will get lots of recommendations to do squats and lunges which is good. However, when I used to speed skate I had huge glutes. Both speed skaters and figure skaters have big glutes. I would suggest doing some of your cardio in the form of roller blading.
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out the book Strong Curves. The author knows his stuff and gives solid, sensible advice on developing that area. The book has programs for just the lower body as well as full-body programs. All of them focus on the glutes.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I lost my "buttox" and am trying to grow my butt, too! I do all kinds of lunges and jumping squats, but just added Romanian deadlifts and pistol squats to my weekly routine, along with incline running. I'm now feeling my buttox a lot more after a workout:) I was reminded that to increase muscle mass, I would have to eat over maintenance, though. That hasn't worked yet.
  • emmyles
    Options
    Squats with weights in high heels.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Squat like it's your job honey! My *kitten* was so small for a black girl, and now I am quite pleased with it.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy!

This, but cardio is not a waste of time ... You need a balance ...
  • katrinajMiles
    katrinajMiles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy!

Yeah I agree with this as well. Mix it up a little do weights one day and cardio the next. I do a lot of classes at the gym like Body Step, Body Attack and Body Pump normally they have a lot of squats and lunges in the work out which is great.

Although I also do weights out in the gym with my PT. I'm pretty happy with my butt and normally by the end of the week my booty and thighs are aching.
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy!

Cardio is a waste of time since you can lift weights in such a way you keep your heart rate up to get the cardio benefit and the muscle mass benefit. People like doing cardio because its easy and brainless. Its a great way to unwind. Its not the most beneficial use of your gym time if youre looking for maximum results though.