Anyone else miss drinking??!!!

Options
123457»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's worth weighing out your drinks to get the right measure. I do this if at home. Put the glass on the scale base, set to 0 then pour. As you say it's far too easy to kid yourself how much you are having.

It's easy for me. One bottle of wine is approx. five 5 oz glasses. I just judge by how much is gone out of the bottle, which is usually either 1/2 or all. Beer is generally 12 oz per can/bottle. I rarely drink liquor.
  • itsCheek
    itsCheek Posts: 104
    Options
    Yes...but then I remember that I have no self control when it comes to booze, and when I'm drunk I'll eat whatever I can get my hands on...and I pay for it the next day on the scale and with a headache! I've also noticed that when I drink, the next day I never want to go running or do any sort of exercise.

Not worth it to me! I'll only drink if it's a special occasion and even then I'll just have flavored vodka with soda water.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is like everything else. Alright within reason. Nothing should be indulged in to the extreme. For a woman, 5 oz of wine, 1 1/2 oz. hard alcohol and one beer is the correct amount. I drink one 5 oz wine, usually Merlot, every night with my husband. And yes, I do measure the oz.
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    yes. so much. i def cut back because of trying to lose weight but the real reason I hardly drink now is because my boyfriend doesnt like drinking. i respect his feelings and we are together a lot so my days of drinking all night with my girls (the single life) is a distant memory. i really miss my rowdy weekends though :( i dont think im made for domesticity LOL
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I get blasted and eat three pieces of bbq sauce pizza and a plate of nachos and an ice cream sundae. Then wake up hungover and eat an enormous cheesy omelette with a half loaf of bread.

Oooooh I can so relate to this! The booze isn't so much of a problem for me as the drunk-munching is. Now though, I try to drink just shy of that line where I can no longer make nutritionally sound decisions, lol. In the last two months I've turned down drunk pizza a handful of times, and have been making sure to sop up my hangovers with healthy alternatives like fruit salad, baked avocado eggs, and turkey bacon.

I can make the appropriate food adjustments, but I will NOT be giving up my red wine. Haha!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I had a BLOOD CLOT in my lung and Congestive Heart failure. My doctor told me after I actually quit drinking on my own that alcohol could be toxic to me..

Well I decided NOT to test the theory out. I can tell you that I SLEEP WAY BETTER and I have lost an additional 10 pounds or more in the 3 weeks since.

I also gave up red meat and coffee! I actually didn't think I could make it WITHOUT COFFEE! But gosh golly I get the best sleep ever now!
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So last weekend - I did really well, only one glass of red wine each night and no happy hours - and I burned off the red wine with my activities. This weekend, big party at the local winery soooooo I guess I need to up my workouts the next couple of days. LOL. The getdrunknotfat website is kind of huge, it makes me think twice before having those drinks and my new healthy lifestyle is thanking me for keeping better track of it! :) (*disclaimer: I sound like an alcoholic but I swear, I am not! Just a girl who likes to have fun.. haha*)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nope. I had wine for dinner last night. :drinker:
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    HELL NO! I DRINK ANY TIME I WANT
    just work it off.

I agree. The website I have linked below was very popular in my ex girlfriends sorority house:

"The Get Drunk Not Fat database displays beer calories, wine and alcohol calorie and carbs sorted by their calorie to alcohol ratio."

http://getdrunknotfat.com/
  • hrshotdeesastr
    hrshotdeesastr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bicardi makes a zero calorie orange flavored rum. Put that in a glass of ice water or diet sprite, squirt in some Mio. Tastes amazing, and everything used is calorie free!
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bicardi makes a zero calorie orange flavored rum. Put that in a glass of ice water or diet sprite, squirt in some Mio. Tastes amazing, and everything used is calorie free!

Ooooh yum! Something new to try! Thanks!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Umm...does it have any alcohol in it? If it does, how can it be zero calories? Alcohol has calories.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    If I can fit it in my daily calories, I will (if in the mood for it). Wine is not something to give up. :)
  • hrshotdeesastr
    hrshotdeesastr Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Umm...does it have any alcohol in it? If it does, how can it be zero calories? Alcohol has calories.

yea, i assumed that bicardi ZERO was zero calories. maybe because that's how they advertise it. their commercial says "zero cals, zero carbs" or something to that affect. I just looked it up and saw that it's actually 97 calories per ounce. so maybe a better alternative to most liquors, especially if you're putting it in water or diet soda. but definitely not calorie free.
  • lenono910
    Options
    Brand new to the message boards here, but not to the site. Love the iPhone app!

Reading this thread and SO glad I am not alone on this. I too have been budgeting my calories and working out more, when I plan to have a cocktail or two or three...

Over half way to my goal, so it's working. Thanks for some of the tips here. :smile: