True Male Beauty!

Options

Replies

• heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    tumblr_msywbkjgpz1ql3ntoo1_1280-1.jpg

All good, but mainly the bald one cuz he's the tallest and beefy-est. :love: My higher brain might like smart, funny, nerdy types but my reptilian brain still responds to big, strong males.

Was gonna say...there is something very appealing about that guy!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    article-1133704-0342E500000005DC-934_468x264.jpg

*lick*

btw, "masculinist" isn't a term. if you believe in men's equality, the term would still be "feminist" js.
    watch the movie "Tough Guise". It's a feminist documentary about men in the media and ridiculous standards they have to live up to. It's amazing.

It's sexist that a male equality movement would require a feminine term like feminist.

I like masculinist, it is now a real term. Thank you OP for addressing this distressing trend.

Unfotunately, it IS a term. It has been used by groups that were anti-feminist (ie. misogynist) and so, unfortunately, has a bad connotation. From Wikipedia:
    Masculism or masculinism may variously refer to advocacy of the rights or needs of men; the adherence to or promotion of opinions, values, attitudes, etc. regarded as typical of men;[1][2][3] or, alternatively, an approach that is focused on male superiority[4][5] to the exclusion of women.

Personally I prefer the term "anti-sexist" as it covers the bases. Though I have had feminists get mad at me for that, like i'm supposed to agree that the term "feminist" covers it all. I know it is supposed to...but I agree, why does the term have to have a root word that inherently reflects only one gender?

We refer to it as feminism because it's easy and has been around for decades, and feminism is about both men and women as it's supposed to remove the stigma and inequality of being feminine, men can also be feminine. There's a stigma against effeminate men, this extends to things like homosexuality (because liking other men is considered emasculating in society), the stigmatization of women AND men who have been sexually assaulted (because to be raped is to be emasculated in society), and the perceptions of men in general as masculine and powerful is also one that is addressed by feminism.

Feminism is about femininity, not the "female." The issue is that women have significantly more obstacles to face than men when it comes to leveling the playing field and finding equality in the world (and a safe environment) than men do at the moment, so that's the greatest focus of the movement because it is the greatest problem.

Make it okay for women to be women in today's society without being treated as objects because of their natural traits or their gender, and all of a sudden men who "display" traits of that gender, whether genuinely more feminine, or just based on stereotypes of what femininity is, will find that their situation improves as well.

MRAs, "masculinists," or whatever the hell else you want to call them, are just weird misogynists who are upset that fixing these issues require a focus on a gender that isn't their's, it's them having their egos reduced because in a life where everything is about them, there is something that isn't about them.
    Look at the people who complain about being racially profiled because they're white, or who complain that homosexuals are infringing on "heterosexual rights" or other imaginary garbage.

People are intrinsically childish, they don't understand what they're really saying, they don't understand the topic whatsoever, and if they actually took a Women's Studies class they'd probably figure it out, but the name of that class isn't Men's Studies (see 20,000 BC - 2013 AD) so they're going to complain and whine about the name being Women's Studies and then go and scream about how there isn't a White History Month or something equally absurd.

I understand what your point is- dynamics of power, etc. I understand all of this. But I still think it is a limited view and misses the entirety of the problem.

For example, in court cases involving custody, there have been cases where children were placed with a mother that was less than suitable based on little more than the sexist notion that women are "more nurturing" than men. You may argue that this is about viewing men as "unfeminine" and it somehow reflects a hatred of the feminine. But to me, it's even wrong to attribute a human characteristic, like loving other humans, as a trait of only one gender.

There is also the problem that there are more genders than just "male" and "female" and feminism has a lot of history that is shameful- like working against giving votes to black men, or calling transgendered FTM's "traitors" or having a really heteronormative view of the world that doesn't include other genders and sexualities.

ETA: some places call it "gender studies" to address the problem of the entirety of societal gender concepts, and I think that's perfect. "Women's studies" is a turn off for me, because i'm not a separatist and there is no history or world in which only women are present.
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Posts like these are very contradictory. If much of the people here were proud of their bodies, they wouldn't even be here...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    We refer to it as feminism because it's easy and has been around for decades, and feminism is about both men and women as it's supposed to remove the stigma and inequality of being feminine, men can also be feminine. There's a stigma against effeminate men, this extends to things like homosexuality (because liking other men is considered emasculating in society), the stigmatization of women AND men who have been sexually assaulted (because to be raped is to be emasculated in society), and the perceptions of men in general as masculine and powerful is also one that is addressed by feminism.

Feminism is about femininity, not the "female." The issue is that women have significantly more obstacles to face than men when it comes to leveling the playing field and finding equality in the world (and a safe environment) than men do at the moment, so that's the greatest focus of the movement because it is the greatest problem.

Make it okay for women to be women in today's society without being treated as objects because of their natural traits or their gender, and all of a sudden men who "display" traits of that gender, whether genuinely more feminine, or just based on stereotypes of what femininity is, will find that their situation improves as well.

MRAs, "masculinists," or whatever the hell else you want to call them, are just weird misogynists who are upset that fixing these issues require a focus on a gender that isn't their's, it's them having their egos reduced because in a life where everything is about them, there is something that isn't about them.
    Look at the people who complain about being racially profiled because they're white, or who complain that homosexuals are infringing on "heterosexual rights" or other imaginary garbage.

People are intrinsically childish, they don't understand what they're really saying, they don't understand the topic whatsoever, and if they actually took a Women's Studies class they'd probably figure it out, but the name of that class isn't Men's Studies (see 20,000 BC - 2013 AD) so they're going to complain and whine about the name being Women's Studies and then go and scream about how there isn't a White History Month or something equally absurd.

LOL. From the 'royal we' to begging the question to brushstrokes so broad that they are measured in AU . . . that was a true masterwork.

fatmanscoop-660x440.jpg

Thank you. I love it when 500 words is refuted by 20 so succinctly. The photo just made me :smile: .
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    lzg2c.jpg
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    959291-jack_black_school_of_rock.jpg

any.
    day.
    ever.

That's a movie character.

The real test is if you'd take that body if it were named Joe Blue and worked as a greeter at the local Wal-Mart.

My highschool boyfriend looked an awful lot like Jack Black. He worked at McDonalds.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Posts like these are very contradictory. If much of the people here were proud of their bodies, they wouldn't even be here...

What do they contradict?
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    And why is Jeff Goldblum getting no love? He's got that smart nerdy thing going on, plus I think his voice is very yummy. :flowerforyou:

jeff-goldblum-ian-malcolm-painting.jpg
    tumblr_luv366MugR1r4hrk9o1_400.jpg
    taste.jpg

I saw him when I went to see a play one day. He is stunning in person.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

What do they contradict?

I see nothing contradictory. We can appreciate the appeal of personality and sense of humor even in overweight individuals and still want to be the best physical specimen we can.
  • michelleindeed
    michelleindeed Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    it-crowd-moss.jpg

<3
  • michelleindeed
    michelleindeed Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    959291-jack_black_school_of_rock.jpg

any.
    day.
    ever.

That's a movie character.

The real test is if you'd take that body if it were named Joe Blue and worked as a greeter at the local Wal-Mart.

My highschool boyfriend looked an awful lot like Jack Black. He worked at McDonalds.

^^I had a crush on a dude for ages that looked (and probably still looks) like a taller version of Jack Black.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lrgk6uxAnm1qbl3a8.gif

:D
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    article-1133704-0342E500000005DC-934_468x264.jpg

*lick*

btw, "masculinist" isn't a term. if you believe in men's equality, the term would still be "feminist" js.
    watch the movie "Tough Guise". It's a feminist documentary about men in the media and ridiculous standards they have to live up to. It's amazing.

It's sexist that a male equality movement would require a feminine term like feminist.

I like masculinist, it is now a real term. Thank you OP for addressing this distressing trend.

Unfotunately, it IS a term. It has been used by groups that were anti-feminist (ie. misogynist) and so, unfortunately, has a bad connotation. From Wikipedia:
    Masculism or masculinism may variously refer to advocacy of the rights or needs of men; the adherence to or promotion of opinions, values, attitudes, etc. regarded as typical of men;[1][2][3] or, alternatively, an approach that is focused on male superiority[4][5] to the exclusion of women.

Personally I prefer the term "anti-sexist" as it covers the bases. Though I have had feminists get mad at me for that, like i'm supposed to agree that the term "feminist" covers it all. I know it is supposed to...but I agree, why does the term have to have a root word that inherently reflects only one gender?

Do they offer degree program in victimology these days...just curious.

does it change your response to find out the person who wrote it is a dude?
  • faradaysdream
    faradaysdream Posts: 91 Member
    Options

<3 thin/not bulky men <3 (Asian men in particular)<3<3<3

Me too :)
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    cute OP, but it sort of feels like you're trivialising something that does affect a lot of impressionable people for the sake of a laugh.

But then, the same company that owns Dove also owns Axe/Lynx, so the whole 'real beauty' campaign is utter bullsh|t designed to do just what you said - sell soap.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i think there are 3 important ones that have been missed

tumblr_mdur5o5yUY1rcaovvo1_1280.jpg

george-costanza.jpg

Dude-Big-Lebowski.jpg
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I thought of George Costanza's boudoir photos for sure. He pulled it off, I thought.

Also, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be trivializing. Although I was being somewhat silly with language in the OP, I don't have any motives. This is just a fun thread.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    THE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Blake Shelton. The face, the eyes, the hair, the voice, the body...sigh.
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Real beauty has very little to do with how you look, male or female.

However, I couldn't give two hoots about the perceived inequality. The day when a man's worth is judged as much on the way he looks as a woman's is the day I will start caring.

So exactly WHO is judging a man's value NOT by his looks? That would be women...who are judging a man by his wallet size.

In response-as soon as women start judging a man not by his bank account men will judge women not by their looks.

It aint gonna happen sister.

Humans judge the opposite sex in ways they have no control over. We cannot control who we are attracted to. Women biologically need a mate who can provide for her potential offspring, so its isnt fair to condemn a female for looking for a mate with proper resources...whatever those resources may be. Just as men are looking for a mate that is fertile and can provide healthy potential offspring. Its our nature and it is nature. It is how we survived this long.

The media or others telling us we are "bad" for doing the things we are designed to do is the problem...they seek to control us.

Anyone who tells you your nature is wrong is attempting to control and deceive you.