WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2013

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    well see there ya go, my mom and dads house is full of stuff she collected over the years and guess who is gonna have to clean it all out?
    I understand, Im at the age where im ready to get rid of stuff, you dont know how much crap you acumulate until you go to clean out, so im doing a little at a time, because if we end up in florida, with just one house, alot of it is gonna have to go.. and I have some beautiful antiques
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Marking my place. Have a great night.:flowerforyou:
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Joyce - your post about the seasons is beautiful. You are truly a gifted writer and we're thankful that your share your memories with us.
    I'm sad to say I've been doing so poorly this month. I know it's only the 7th but I feel like I've wasted a week. I'm afraid to get on the scales but I can tell I'm gaining by the way my clothes fit. Just when I think I have a handle on losing weight, I take a noses dive.
    I haven't read all the posts but am going back to do that right now. Hope all are doing well.
    Sue in TX
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good evening, everyone,

I've been kind of blah, just blah, nothing wrong, no reason, just blah. My car has been in the auto body shop recovering from the scrapes and dents of the mishap with the ER dr. since early Tues. I have it back as of a couple hrs. ago so things are looking up hopefully. Had to reschedule my hair appt. today. We had a state election and I walked to vote, which turned out longer than I thought it wold be. About half way through I was wishing I had biked. Have a lunch tomorrow with someone I worked with 25 yrs. ago.

Had a nap today, did laundry, grocery shopping, made Swiss Steak with brown rice for dinner.

Still tired; going for an early night.

Today I am grateful to the neighbor who took me to pick up my car and the faithful ladies of this thread who share their lives with all the ups and downs.

yanniejannie
    rainy and turning colder midAtlantic
  • berwick13
    berwick13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started here and was so happy to see a Over 50 section. I do find it harder to loose weight as i age so i am hoping inspiration comes in numbers. I need all the help I can get. I am Celiac, lactose free, sugar free and loads of other allergies. Anyone with meal ideas, esp. breakfast I sure would love some ideas. Thanks :smile:
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your well wishes. I can say that was a particularly bad migraine. I have the "hangover" now, just weak and tired but at least the pain is gone.

Pat - I hope the dr's appt went well with your friend.

Barbie - I love the idea of breaking down things. Sometimes I break it down to an hour at a time.

Joyce - you most certainly do have a flair for writing. Your descriptions of the seasons is fantastic. thank you for sharing.

Sylvia - I'm glad that the appt went well and that your DH will be with you on Friday night. You are in my thoughts & prayers as you go through this procedure.

Yanniejannie - I'm glad your car is fixed, I hate being without my car. It may be that I may not use it but I know it's there if I need it. Sounds like you did a lot today esp since you are feeling blah. Tomorrow is another day!

Grandmallie - your family is beautiful, thank you for sharing them with us. You certainly are a bargain hunter, I'm sure your new finds will look wonderful

I did go to the Y tonight, walked and did 50 min on the bike. I'm glad to be home, dinner done, dishes done and waiting for Grey's anatomy to come on.

Have a great night everyone, it's FRIDAY tomorrow :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

:heart: Sandy from ON
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Hello to all: Very busy week this week. One of our ortho surgeons did what he calls a high efficiency day, nine surgeries in one day. We saw seven of them in the pools this week on top of our regular patient load. I was so tired yesterday that I skipped choir practice and the tenors were serving treats. :laugh:

Sylvia - best wishes on your procedure. I am sure things will go well.

Grandmallie - Have you ever seen green grass and blue sky together. They are lovely but I agree with whoever said to get pillows with both colors. That would really pull it together.

Everyone take care. Healing angels to those who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi mfp gems! Interesting day today. I spent the morning in the ICU with students and renewed my benefits for next year. We found two people to split the clinical so that is all taken care of. Then I spent the rest of the day putting out a few minor fires (LOL) and did part of the grocery shopping at Walmart. I’m going shopping for DD#1’s birthday and finish the groceries tomorrow. I think tonight I’ll sit back and do my nails which are in sad repair.

I am VERY thankful that I don’t have to do the ICU clinical. I can’t express it adequately!

DD#1 had lunch with DH and admitted to being very homesick and having communication problems with her boyfriend (really???). The two of them had a lengthy chat about all sorts of things including her bio dad, relationships, etc. She was confused as to why we wanted them over for cake and ice cream on Sunday….um duh….your birthday is Monday!

Sylvia: I’m woefully behind on the posts…what heart procedure are you having? I love Trader Joe’s flax seed and veggie chips!

Sandy: so hoping your migraine goes away. They seem to really cause havoc in your life! Good for you trying the Y anyway!

Deb: have a great time at the conference and travel safely!

Rori: I think it’s great you are adding your ideas of gratefulness to our site.

DrKaty: a nice clean car and new haircut both sound divine!

Tammy: I’m with you; I need to up the water and the produce too!

Katla: glad you got some exercise in with hubby! I wish mine would be more motivated.

Michele: are you having problems with the pool after all that work?

Viv! So glad to see you again! We have missed your wit here!

Heather I think you should open a restaurant!

Taz: happy anniversary! Enjoy your special dinner! What part of OK is your son in?

GRandmallie: so sorry dh went off on you last night. That must be terribly stressful

Anamika: I found a Rodney Yee yoga tape (recommended by Michele) and I love it. I can actually do it too! I felt so calm and peaceful yet energized afterwards. I heard a story on the radio today about an Indian who immigrated here and has become quite well known for starting Hindi choirs all over the country to sing modernized sacred music. It was so beautiful and I thought of you while listening.

Phoo: I hope the little yapper was ok! LOL I had to laugh when I read that!

Lajpeck: so glad to see you here. Welcome to the group. You will find kind women and lots of motivation!

Berwick: welcome to you too!

RE crating dogs. We crate trained our last dog from puppyhood and she loved her crate. It was her sanctuary. When the cats or the kids got to be too much, off she’d run! Benny Beagle can’t be crate trained. For those of you who don’t know his story, he’s about 9 and we got him at 7 from a shelter. We tried to train him and he seemed ok, but when we started leaving him in it when we went out (even for very short training periods) he’d go ballistic and get the door open. So we resorted to metal gate latches. Well he has basically no teeth, but managed to break everyone into pieces. Then one day we came home to find him bloody and crying…he had gotten the latch off the top of the door and somehow managed to crawl out the top, but cut his leg badly. So no more crate for him.

Well I’m off. Getting colder here too in Omaha. Take care all, Meg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sylvia, we crated our puppies for many months. When Sasha was finally allowed to stay in the house without the crate, she used to take her treat and run to the crate when we left because she was so used to it and felt so safe there.

:bigsmile: Joyce, I love the changing seasons and would not be happy living somewhere that didn’t have the dramatic changes. Many people who live around here go to Arizona, Florida, Southern California, or Hawaii for the winter and I am happiest staying at home enjoying the subtle daily changes. I enjoy the way it gradually gets darker and colder in the fall and then gradually lighter and warmer in the spring.

:flowerforyou: I have had to return to some careful budgeting of calories now that my exercise is so much lighter....I had gotten spoiled after several years with so much exercise and then the directive from the doctor to gain a few pounds.....I'm adding a lot of veggies and apples and eliminating peanut butter, salad dressing, and extra treats......it has been a good experience.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I have revised my November resolutions keeping in mind my new realizations that I will not heal overnight and that I need to focus on opportunities to heal my back rather than opportunities to be more active

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

Revised November Resolutions
    *use ice, heat, gentle yoga stretches, breathing daily
    *gradually return to dog walking as my back heals
    *don’t use the step counter as a measure of my daily success
    *act the way I want to feel

2506167m2q75z4kbu.gif

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I can't keep up with the posts, but try to scan them quickly anyway. It's been a busy week so far. This weekend is remembrance day in Canada. So I will have Monday off. We hope to have little grandson sleep over from Sunday to Monday to give his expecting mom and dad a break. We are looking forward to it.

I seem to have lost about a pound of the couple I (re)gained this last month. Must be the jazzercise. Man that makes you sweat. It drips off of me. No kidding. And that at 6:15 in the morning 2x a week? I'm pretty much my own hero :laugh: :bigsmile:

I dropped in on our youngest son and DIL last night. He is studying engineering and she is home with a little 4 month old baby girl. Oh my. It is not easy. I so recognize it.

:flowerforyou: For those of you congratulating me on expecting grandbaby # 2...well, it is grandbaby #7. It just means it is # 2 for DD and SIL. and DD means "Dear Daughter". We only have one daughter.That is in addition to 4 sons. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Looking back, let's face it, I don't know how we coped either during the years we were raising kids. But you rise to the challenge. Because you have to. Simple as that.

:heart: Renny
    Rainy Vancouver Island, BC
  • Katla49
    Options
    I am just getting started here and was so happy to see a Over 50 section. I do find it harder to loose weight as i age so i am hoping inspiration comes in numbers. I need all the help I can get. I am Celiac, lactose free, sugar free and loads of other allergies. Anyone with meal ideas, esp. breakfast I sure would love some ideas. Thanks :smile:

Welcome to a great group of women! come often and post often.

I'm lactose intolerant and DH has gluten issues, has MS and is diabetic. I can give some strategies. Instead of milk, I use soymilk to eat with my cereal and for some cooking, but discovered that rice milk does the cooking job without the soy taste. Replace sugar with stevia, or applesauce in baking. Remember that applesauce has liquidity so you may need to adjust other liquids. There are now loads of gluten free products including beer. Widmer Brothers make the best that we've found. They set out to do right by a celiac brother and came up with a good product. There are good gluten free breads and rolls available at our local grocery store, but they tend to have more calories than regular bread so you'll need to watch your portions. White rice has a high glycemic index which means it turns to sugar rapidly in your blood stream. Use brown rice or quinoa instead. Quinoa has the bonus of protein. I can handle a certain amount of cheese without problems because the enzymes that turn milk into cheese seem to solve my problem. The harder the cheese, the less likely it is to bother me. You'll need to experiment to find out what works for you. The bottom line is that you'll have to be your own science experiment. Good luck, and call on me if you need to.

Breakfast: Cereal and soy or rice milk. Rice Chex is gluten free. Read the other Chex labels. Cheerios is not perfect, but DH can eat it without difficulty. It is oats, but is produced under questionable circumstances. I don't know how sensitive you are. Steel cut oatmeal is good, if it is produced in an appropriate facility. Eggs work! So does fruit. We like cottage cheese and fruit some days. I'm the lactose intolerant one, and I can handle it. You'll have to see what works for you. That is all I can think of at the moment. There are good gluten free breads that you can make into french toast, or just eat as dry toast or add margarine--make sandwiches, etc.
  • Katla49
    Options
    One more thing: Lactaid helps! If you can take it before consuming milk products it works very well, but even if you take it afterward, the sooner the better, it will reduce your misery.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Viv - welcome back! You CAN do this

taz - happy anniversary! Oh, the pool isn't totally closed. We got the railings down and in the storage shed, but we still need to put the cover on it. We would like a day when it isn't real breezy. There are these cylinders that you fill with water to keep the cover down. We'll probably work on filling the cylinders tomorrow. Weather.com says it'll be somewhat breezy, but we've learned that weather.com isn't always right. Now we know for next year that this is one step we should start doing early since it takes a few days to do. Well....this is the first time so it's a learning experience

The Texas Roadhouse dilemma is solved. They don't list their nutritional info on their web site, gave a flimsy excuse. Anyway, when the gal called a few weeks ago she was told that they don't take reservations and to call the day of. Well, she called this a.m. and was told "lady, we're not even open for lunch". So we're going to Longhorn Steakhouse. At least they seem to be more accommodating (are willing to make substitutions etc). Get this -- Texas Roadhouse told me they couldn't give me only one of their beef kabobs and substitute veges for the other one because veges cost loss. Why they didn't just say "yes, we can do that, but we'll still have to charge you for the two kabobs" is beyond me. I would have been willing to pay for two. But that's a moot point at this point

grandmalle - I'm so sorry that happened to you, but you handled it well. Welcome to plateau-land. Sometimes you need to change things up. Like I know that if I eat anything late at night, I'm guaranteed a gain the next day. I've read that it's good to have sweets early in the day, not for dessert for dinner. Something about how the calories are burned more efficiently. I'm giving that a try. Just having (or trying to have) fruit for dessert. Dried fruit can be low in calories but high in sugareyness. I wish you the best of luck

Did 1 hr of Jari Love Ripped to the Core DVD. Tomorrow I'm planning to try this bosu class at the Y. Don't know exactly what it will entail. Later at night Vince is going to the train show and I'll stay home waiting for Jessica.

pat - i never even checked into the interest rates at Sam's. i'll have Vince check it out, then he'll be the one to really rip into them. i'm more of a gentle person, i know that I let people walk all over me and try to please them. But not him! He'll really fight and logically, too. So I'll let him handle it, that's the best way to go. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. See, they said that once I accepted the credit card that I couldn't go back to the old one. I bet if Vince talks to them, then we'll be able to go back too. Actually, the did tell us that we could go back to the Sam's card but that would mean that basically we'd have to get a whole new card and go thru the whole application process again.

grandmalle - I agree with pat, are you safe when your husband has these meltdowns? I want to go shopping with you! I love a good bargain, too. When we first moved to NC I bought this comforter at Goodwill. At the time it really didn't match all that well. But then again, we were just in the apartment and I just wanted something to cover the mattress. Now that we're in the house, the primary colors are blue and brown. The flowers on the comforter are shades of blue. Fits in real well. Another Goodwill store around here has it where they charge by the pound. It's an interesting thing, but I don't like to shop at that store. Everything is in bins, sizes and types of things are mixed. I feel like I'm dumpster dumping when I go there. Only been there twice and have no intention of going back. At least not to that one. Now the other Goodwills and the Salvation Army have things separated by types of items, sizes, sometimes even colors.

Sylvia - I'm so sorry that happened with your dog. What a horrible thing to come home to!

katla - you ask if Vince is a model railroader? Well, we built a two car detached garage (that's in add'n to the 2 car attached garage). One half of the downstairs part is for his Outlook. The other half holds his musical equipment. The entire upstairs is his train room. Would you call that a model railroader????? lol Oh, yes, he's very much into trains.

lajpeck - welcome!

Had the lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse. I had the grilled shrimp, no rice but steamed veges instead, and then a sweet potato with that. Just water to drink. I must say, they are very nice about substitutions and leaving the butter off the veges.

Joyce - thanks so much for sharing your views. You have such a wonderful way of looking at things! I love reading your posts

yanniejannie - have fun at your lunch. Do you know where you're going to go?

berwick - welcome! I just saw on the bag of rice cakes that they are gluten free. Didn't know that (never needed to find out). You can maybe put some topping on one of them. Not sure what else you can have, I usually put cheese (Laughing Cow, Green Mountain cream cheese with greek yogurt) but some people put jam/jelly on it, pb etc.

Meg - we're not really having problems with the pool. This year we're closing it up, and just learning things. Like now we know that we should start first thing putting the WD40 on the railings since that takes a few days to do. Just things like that. I agree that Heather should open a restaurant, and i wouldn't mind at all if it was in NC....lol Which Rodney Yee tape did you get? I have a few of his. I do like the "yoga burn" one, but I also have his am & pm one, one that he did with Mariel Hammingway, and his daily one. I didn't realize everything that happened to Benny Beagle. That must have been so scary to come home to a bloody dog!

Michele in NC
  • AnneCarolOne
    AnneCarolOne Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, I got the shock of my life two weeks ago, when I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance and had a section of bowel removed. And I thought I was making progress health wise. I shook me to the core and knocked my new lifestyle plans out the door! I am back home now and adjusting the diet- I will start posting again soon. I hope to be taking daily short walks in the next week or two. On a positive note, I have always gained twenty pounds after each major surgery but this time, it was only ten and I have already dropped 5, so I am starting off postop in a positive manner. In the meantime, I have a lot of posts to catch up on- it will keep me out of mischief for awhile! Take care!
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Have been reading your posts, but not posting myself. What a great group of ladies you all are. I too appreciate all your lovely words of encouragement, concern and wisdom, thank you.

Vickil- Happy 29th anniversary! Besides, I noticed you've lost so much weight on your ticker. Wow! Congrats!
    Sandy- have you considered acupuncture for your migraines? I understand the treatment helps headaches.
    Meg- I envy your responsibility. I think you're an incredible nurse and your patients are lucky to have you care for them. Do you teach in a BSN program?
    Heather- How interesting your life. Reading your posts is like opening a book and reading a chapter from a culinary wizard! How do you manage to prepare such lovely menus and maintain your weight loss. I know you are so active, but do you practice portion control and log? Just curious?
    Barbie- Hope you're back is feeling better and thank you for your constant attention to all of us!
    Michelle- I just finished pulling and scoring the caulking in my shower. It was getting funky so I removed it, scrubbed it and now letting it dry before I recaulk. Hopefully it will look fresher. Your pool maintenance reminded me of this.
    Katla- Your post about gluten free and lactose free diet advise was very informative. I always learn something new.

Planted 2 new trees, red maples, which I bought on sale for 6$ at home depot. 75% off! They're saplings but I had to take down a beautiful old oak, made me so sad. I replaced with 2 little ones. I also had my repairman come over and he knocked off 10 items on my repair list. I feel so much better having everything in working order, especially with my Dad in the house all the time. I wanted all my smoke alarms checked or replaced, 2 extinguishers available just in case, replaired door latches, light fixtures, thermostat replaced, install outdoor GFI, doorbell fixed. Sealed draughty windows, caulked around bathtub. Bunch of little stuff.
    Tomorrow will go to the store and buy lots of veggies...beets, broc, cauliflower, carrots, peas and prep them in servings for my pop. Going to make sure his care-givers give him veggies at every meal. They always give him the easy stuff....tater tots, hamburgers, grilled cheese and more tater tots. Why? I really do have to tell them exactly what to serve, otherwise my pop would morph into a potato sandwich. I try to vary his menu but I'm not here all the time. I could make him quinoa with roasted veggies. Protein in quinoa. Brown rice and left over salmon made into salmon cakes with grated carrots mixed in.
    I'm sleepy. Good night all!:yawn:
    Susan
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    AnnCare- I hope you are doing well. That is a real shock to have bowel surgery. My goodness, you are already home and on the mend. Take good care of yourself and my heartfelt wishes to you for a rapid recovery.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Susan
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies:bigsmile:
    For the first time in weeks noted a loss of 0.5 kg that is a pound.....
    Well went through all the posts and am glad most of us are doing well except for the surprise bowel surgery...... But love the positive note of AnnCare:flowerforyou: .. I am sure you will be doing well, sending you prayers and healing
    So much to congratulate everyone for so here's to all the winners... cheers:drinker:
    Am off to Pune tomorrow for the wedding of our friend's son so most probably wont be able to log in till monday. I shall miss all of you and MFP will say logged in for 1 day... well, guess I will follow the advice given here earlier and disconnect that.
    Take care everyone and have a great weekend.
    Joyce loved the description of the seasons....... it was like sipping hot coffee after a good walk up and down hills through a green forest, in the rain.... u know what I mean?:blushing:
    Barbie just loved your updated and revised goals :flowerforyou:
    Sylvia u r such a creative person loved your tip for doing the room:smile: am totally impressed with Bruno
    Grandmallie thats a steal...... I think green and blue complement each other, must go shopping with you:flowerforyou:
    Best wishes for everyone
    Anamika from Mumbai
  • tazgirl1960
    tazgirl1960 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good Friday Morning Ladies!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Had a wonderful Anniversary dinner last night. :heart: So I am back to it today.

Does anyone have a good recipe for cabbage rolls, I have never made them, but I have a head of green and purple cabbage that I don't want to see go to waste. If you do, could you please share, Thank you.:flowerforyou:

Hope everyone has a Blessed & Wonderful Day. :flowerforyou:

:smile: Anamika--Thank you for the Anniversary wishes. Great on the loss! Enjoy your weekend.

:smile: Barbie--That's a wonderful quote, thank you for the reminder.

:smile: Pat (PHOO)--You are such a good friend, hope all is well at Dr. appt. Glad I could help with the Pizza Chicken.

:smile: Sylvia--So sorry about your furniture, we used to crate our Joey when we left, but little by little started leaving him out, he is usually really good, at 8pm every night he goes on his own and gets in his crate(bed) and thats where he sleeps. Thank you for the Chili recipe.

:smile: Katla--Thank you for Anniversary wishes. We have been married 4 years, been together 5. Cuddling up reading a book with a cup of tea (I love Lipton's different flavor blends) sounds wonderful.

:smile: Teral--Candy making and Chocolate how much better can it be.:bigsmile:

:smile: Jane--Enjoy your time with Violet.:heart:

:smile: lajpeck--Welcome

:smile: Joyce--Thank you for such a wonderful explanation of the Seasons, Beautiful.:heart::heart:

:smile: YanniJannie--Sorry your bleh, hopefully things will be looking up soon. :flowerforyou:

:smile: berwick--welcome

:smile: Sandy--So glad you are feeling better. Greys Anatomy is one of my favorite shows, I even got my Hubby hooked on it.:bigsmile:

:smile: Meg--Thank you for the Anniversary wishes. I am so glad everything worked out for your clinical rotation. My son is stationed in Lawton, Ft. Sill Oklahoma, but they live in Elgin, which seems a world away from Florida, I get to see them so very seldom, but I am so proud of his 13 year service, and at least it is not Iraq (he went there 3 times for 15 months each, talk about turning grey), but this is states side and I will get to see him this coming year. :love: :love: :love:

:smile: Barbie--I found a peanut butter in Wal-mart called PB2 it is a powder you mix with water, the only ingredients is roasted peanuts, sugar and salt, very minimal, 2 tbls. is only 45 calories and it taste like real peanuts. I would be very hard pressed to give up my peanut butter.:brokenheart: Praying for your quick healing. :flowerforyou:

:smile: Michele--Thank you for the Anniversary wishes. I guess there always has to be a learning experience for everything, but sometimes it is very frustrating :grumble: to have to go thru at the time.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Tazgirl- I use PB2 all the time, dont use regular PB anymore
    went to the car dealership to have DH car fixed took them 5 minutes, was in and out, but got lots of useful info
    from a guy waiting like me.
    was at the gym early and did some stuff but not a whole heck of alot
  • Katla49
    Options
    We’re looking forward to a visit from DDIL this weekend. She’s such a nice woman and we enjoy her company. DS is deployed right now so she’s been on her own for months. I hope this will be a treat for her. It is a treat for us. :love: :bigsmile:

Our poor little dog had diarrhea yesterday. He’d made a terrible mess on the garage floor rug when we got up, so we dragged the rug out onto the driveway and power washed it. After using a squeegee (on a LONG pole) to get as much water out as possible, we dragged it back inside and put fans on it. We left him in the garage to run some errands, and he did it again. We dragged the heavy, wet rug back outside and power washed it again, but left it outside after the second wash. At least he confined his mess to one rug. We called the vet and were told we could give him children’s immodium and to follow the direction on the bottle based on his weight. No mess this morning, but he’s acting very needy and sticking to me like glue. This whole problem occurred because we included table leftovers in his food dish and they were too rich for him. Our bad.:blushing:

Our beloved Ducks lost their football game to Stanford last night. It was their first loss of the season. :cry: Stanford was their only loss last year. :ohwell:

Renny: If I were getting up at 6:15 to do jazzercise I’d be my own hero, too. You are amazing. I hope you enjoy your grandson while he’s with you. I’m envious. How old is he? I haven’t seen DGD since June. She and her family were coming for Christmas this year, but now I don’t think it will happen.:flowerforyou:

Michele: For future dinners out, Outback Steak House posts nutritional information for their foods. I think I remember eating in one when DS was in training in N. Carolina. I don’t know if there are any near you. The closest one to us is about 20+ miles away and is not open for lunch, only dinner. We are more inclined to go out for lunch than dinner so we haven’t eaten there.:flowerforyou:

AnneCarolOne: I wish you a speedy and complete recovery from your surgery. Welcome to the group. My cousin’s wife had part of her colon removed a year or two ago. She has to take prednisone and hates it. She has had weight gain because of the medicine, but is otherwise doing much better than before.:flowerforyou:

Susanrechter: Your dad is lucky to have you in his corner. Caregivers are often thoughtful and diligent people, but may not have the dietary background to know that potatoes at every meal are not the best nutrition. :noway: I’ll bet they learn a thing or two from you while caring for your dad. Consider adding sweet potatoes to their list of foods to serve. They’re nutritional powerhouses and easy to prepare.:flowerforyou:

Anamika: Congratulations on the loss. Enjoy the wedding of your friend’s son.:flowerforyou:

Tazgirl: I’m glad you enjoyed your anniversary dinner.:flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

November goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Focus on fitness: cardio and strength every week
    3. Drink 3 or more glasses of water daily