Cabbage Soup Diet. What your experience? Thoughts?

Options
Tomarrow Im starting the cabbage soup diet. Im wondering what others experiences are with this diet. No bashing please

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I promise you'll feel so much better eating regular food in moderation.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Cabbage is very smelly that is my opinion lol
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Just.....why?
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I tried it probably 20 years ago, and my experience is that by the end of day 1 you're never going to want to see that soup again. You start out thinking "oh this isn't so bad" but that doesn't take long to change. 20 years later I still kind of shudder thinking about that soup.
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Cabbage soup is yummy.. cabbage soup every day for a week, not so much.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that it is ridiculous, but I support your right to do it!
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Just thinking about it make me almost purge myself and want to go on a cleanse.

And eat pizza.
  • NikkiL0v3L1f3
    Options
    Hmm, Wel I like cabbage soup so Im going to give it a try. :)
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Cabbage actually upsets a lot of people's stomachs. Why not just make up your favourite vegetable soup, and replace one meal a day with a nice bowl of that? Extreme diets don't often help much in the long run, I'd honestly suggest you try for a more long term approach. If you're determined, just make sure you stay hydrated and aware of your body; if you're unwell from it, don't try and push on.
  • tiddlebit11
    Options
    I havnt done it, as i dont think its a good idea, but what i suspect you will endure:

GAS!!! heaps of GAS!!!!! (and thus bloating)

Severe deterioration in health

Short term weight loss but long term gains

Total mess up of your bodily systems, especially hormonal system

Conclusion: DO NOT attempt
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's fine to eat as long as you eat tons more the rest of the day to make up for the lack of calories. Having too big a deficit is very bad for your health.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Never done the cabbage soup diet, but when I did WW they had a very similar soup you could make and eat as much as you wanted the first week of weight watchers. I love cabbage, love vegie soup, but wouldn't want to go without protein with it personally.
  • NikkiL0v3L1f3
    Options
    My idea is to this diet and stick it for the week, and eat lots of fruits and vegies and everything else i can have on my days besides just the soup. After my 7 days is up start exercising daily and go on a more long term healthier diet. I am aware that I should feel like crap being on this diet, therefore i wont have the energy to exercise during it. Its just for a week,,It shouldnt hurt to try right?
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating cabbage soup, why not consume the same amount of calories worth of various delicious foods and still lose weight anyway?
  • NikkiL0v3L1f3
    Options
    And there are 2 days where I get to have meat, and thats protien
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    DONT DO IT!!! DONT DO IT!!! lol I've tried every fad diet you can think of so I too have gone the route of the cabbage soup diet. It's NOT worth it. I actually LOVE cabbage so I thought it would be ok but believe me, after the 2nd day it's pretty much torture. It's not even worth it because I only lost about 3 pounds which I could have lost eating different types of foods, just watching my calories. Go ahead and try it but believe me, it's not going to be fun and it's not worth it lol.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    My idea is to this diet and stick it for the week, and eat lots of fruits and vegies and everything else i can have on my days besides just the soup. After my 7 days is up start exercising daily and go on a more long term healthier diet. I am aware that I should feel like crap being on this diet, therefore i wont have the energy to exercise during it. Its just for a week,,It shouldnt hurt to try right?

Wrong. You're only setting yourself back 7 days by doing this.
  • NikkiL0v3L1f3
    Options
    Im bad at thinking of low calorie foods, lol.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    And there are 2 days where I get to have meat, and thats protien

You have to go 2 days without protein? Pass!!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I for one would like to congratulate you on your upcoming epic fail, sounds like you have it all figured out, special starvation diet and all. Best of luck.

Rigger