Cabbage Soup Diet. What your experience? Thoughts?

Options

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well if anyone has a good affordable diet plan then im open to suggestions. im 5'6 and i fluctuate between 155-160lbs daily lol. My goal is 130, and I want to get there in a few months.

The Eat Less, Move More diet is 100% free.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I love cabbage and I've done the diet and I did ok. But the truth is, the weight didn't just fall off and it didn't stay off. It was just water/poop. With that said, there is NOTHING wrong with using soup in your diet. How about getting up in the AM, having a couple of eggs, some toast with butter and jam, maybe an orange or some berries and coffee. Then for lunch, you could have some multigrain chips or crackers (I like flaxseed ones!) and either a can of soup or even the cabbage soup ( I would add some chicken or sausage for protein). Then you could have an apple with pb for snack and then a dinner of lean meat, maybe a salad or steamed veggies, and you could do some sort of carb like sweet potato, seasoned rice, or even some pasta. There is NO reason to go on a super restrictive diet but there is also no reason why you couldn't incorporate the soup into your diet. My suggestion is to find your sweet spot and go from there. If you were doing 1300 before and working out like crazy, maybe you were netting too low and your body went into conservation. Maybe you miscalculated. Maybe something hormonal was going on. I don't know. I don't know you and I don't have access to all of that info. But what I would do is maybe up cals to around 1500 (which from what I could find is about 300 under what you need to maintain your current weight) and exercise but nothing crazy. Cardio maybe if you enjoy it and relaxes you. Weights for definition and that toned look everyone is into. But don't go on some restrictive diet. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Give a moderate deficit, light exercise, and some time the well, time to work! You don't have a lot to lose (30 at most), and the weight isn't going to jump off of you in chunks like you see on TV. A loss of half a pound to a pound a week is really what you should expect. So, that 5lbs. is good and realistic. If you had kept going, you could be down even more now and almost to goal instead of jumping from one thing to the other. Weight loss really is about long term and consistency over that long term. Good luck, OP!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    No bashing? Ummm...no comment then.

You can't think of it as a diet. Diet in my mind is short term. It is simply making healthier and more reasonable choices long term.
  • BrittanySA
    Options
    I've never tried it, but based on the idea that you'll eat nothing except cabbage soup, fruit, and veggies for a week, I have 4 words of advice.

Never trust a fart.

Good luck. May the force be with you.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    why??
    it is gross. YOU ARE NOT ON A DIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. People fail at diets, but when you change your lifestyle and stay with your new lifestyle you will win. You will always exercise and you will always watch what you eat..... Skinny people dooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    So think skinny and change your lifestyle
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    why??
    it is gross. YOU ARE NOT ON A DIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. People fail at diets, but when you change your lifestyle and stay with your new lifestyle you will win. You will always exercise and you will always watch what you eat..... Skinny people dooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    So think skinny and change your lifestyle

everybody knows skinny people only eat cabbage soup and maybe some celery on the days they work out :tongue:
  • lharri0209
    lharri0209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Any diet which limits you to one type of food for a long period of time seems destined for failure... in my opinion.
  • katiebiotch
    katiebiotch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    May the farts be with you...
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I'd want to add some beef broth and beets, and make it borscht, which is delicious.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have seen my grandfather do this my entire life...that being said he doesn't keep the weight off when he stops. He does lose a good amount each round. And yes it smells.....
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have tried this before.. and i quit on day 6.. yes, day 6.. thats how sick I was of that soup smell... anyways.. i did drop 2.5kgs that week.. and it helped me kick start my healthy weight loss journey.. I was unhappy that week.. I am much better off counting calories and exercising.. though I wont deny, the initial drop in weight motivated me a lot to start trying to lose weight..
  • CaciaXX
    Options
    Hmm, well if anyone has a good affordable diet plan then im open to suggestions. im 5'6 and i fluctuate between 155-160lbs daily lol. My goal is 130, and I want to get there in a few months.

That's not a realistic amount of weight to try lose in that short amount of time, trying to force yourself to lose weight so fast will only make you develop unhealthy eating habits and obsessions, and lower your self esteem.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I actually thought this was a joke thread before I clicked on it. As such, I vote against relying on cabbage soup for weightloss.
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    An affordable diet plan? Check out Myfitnesspal.com. Take your time and trust it--it works!
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I remember my mom doing this when I was a kid. I would know because the whole house would smell funny.

I've actually tried it twice. Couldn't make it through either time. I eat quite a lot of cabbage and beans anyways, so I didn't have the intestinal upset other people do. I don't actually think this plan is that bad, except that it should include protein everyday.

I actually think low calorie soups are an excellent aid in weightloss. Thats true at least for me because I love soup and actually crave it. It really helps my weightloss to have a bowl of low calorie soup with my meal/s. I often make soup as a complete meal, but I always make sure to add a bit of protein and fat.

If you want to go ahead with this madness I would suggest not sticking to just the cabbage soup. Google 'weight watcher soup 0 points' and a lot of recipes will come up. You're getting the same thing from a nutritional perspective.
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    :sick: It is not healthy. Everyone I know who did this diet gained all of the lbs back and extra!!
    It is not a realistic way to live.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You know that terrible idea you're having? Stop having it.
  • octogirlpretty
    Options
    I have to say at least you're eating foods. My sister in law is doing a 1 week diet of just drinking one Kombachi drink a day and that is it...she is killing her metabolism and her family won't do anything about it. I tried talking to her and she brushes me off because I am "fat". So just realize none of what your saying for the first week is going to do much than irritate your body and such and who knows you might gain when you start eating real food again.

Good luck :)

So, you've lost 44lbs and your sister in law doesn't think you're a credible source? What is she thinking? Wow...hope her diet doesn't last long and that her body is ok by the end of it. Tough situation though.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Your results will be as long lived as your diet. That applies to all of them.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that it is ridiculous, but I support your right to do it!

This I agree :)