The scariest thing that ever happened to you?

Options

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Anyway, what's the scariest thing that's happened to you?

when i was a kid, i was once forced to eat liver and brussels sprouts for dinner... on the same plate! inorite?
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    reading taunto's post - everything scary that happened to me before that is kind of null and void now.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    You sound sooo cute when you think that about my stories.

I just like a good laugh and most of your posts do that to me

Alright, I will share but be warned that you asked for it and its not a funny story.

Wow... okay, I wasn't sure if I was ever going to tell anyone about this, but it's late and I'm sleep deprived so i guess I'll just write it now and regret it in the morning

First of all, - just for some background: My mom died right when I was born, (she was actually really, really hot- but this isn't about her. I guess that's messed up to say, but whatever.) I actually grew up with my dad's family, because my dad has all sorts of emotional issues and he bailed before I was born. So you can see, my childhood was really kind of messed up.

Anyways, growing up I feel like there was always a lot of distance between me and my sister. When I was about 17 or 18 I first noticed that my sister was a hottie.

I don't want to go into to many details about it, but basically what happened is that I accidentally found a video that she made of herself. I knew she didn't make it for me- but I thought she was so beautiful that I watched it twice. (probably would have watched it a hell of a lot more, except that like right around the time I found the video, all this crazy stuff went down and I had to leave home. (My dad's family who I was staying with got in bad trouble with the law. I never talk about it).

Sooo... I was totally lusting after my sister at that point. She was also having bad trouble with the law. She was actually in custody when I left home.

My friend and I went to go pick her up. When I saw her that day, after seeing the video, I have to be honest, I just wanted to do her. Looking back on it now, it's pretty messed up- but I think she had feelings for me too. She actually kissed me right after we came to get her... and it wasn't a sisterly kiss, you know? I mean, it wasn't like ridiculously sexual or anything, but it definitely wasn't sisterly.

After we left, we all went to crash with my Sister's friends. On the trip there, my friend sort of implied that he wanted to get with my Sister, and I got a little jealous. He's a good looking guy- and even though she was my sister- I just felt like he was competition. Not much else happened between us for a while except some maybe-sexy hugging.

Pretty much everyone in my life at that point was wanted by the government, so we all moved around a lot. I'm not saying that I'm proud of it or anything, but it was kind of an awesome time.

My friend and my sister never hooked up I don't think- but I thought there was some serious sexual tension going on between them. It was around that time that I got really badly hurt in an accident. It was messed up. I almost died. But when I was in recovery my sister came to see me, and out of the clear blue sky she started gives me this awesome, slow, passionate kiss on the lips.

Sadly (although, I guess for the best) nothing ever came of it. We spent some time apart... and I started to get really religious, so I tried not to think of her that way. It was actually going well for a long time- like I was totally over her. But I have to say, like a year or so after all that stuff went down, we were out sailing (not like a date or anything romantic like that), and she was wearing like the hottest bikini I've ever seen and it brought back all the old feelings. Sigh.

A little while later she actually wound up with my friend from before (the sexual tension guy). I can't say I was surprised.

But even after she was shacking up with my friend, there was one time we were at a party... my friend was inside, and my sister and I were outside alone. It was a really intimate moment. I think something might have happened, except that I killed the mood when I told her that Darth Vader was our father and that I had to go face him.

LERL.

Reminds me of a film I watched where this guy's wife is brutally murdered by a serial killer and left his unborn son physically disabled. Then in a twisted turn of events, his son is kidnapped and he has to chase the kidnapper 1000's of miles with the help of a mentally disabled woman. I think it was called Looking for Nemo, or something.
  • bartaburesi
    Options
    When I was 16, 3 paranormal activities happened the same day, I still have no explanation about them!

First me and mom turned back home in the evening. There were 2 locks on the door and one of them was broken and nobody had the key of that broken lock. We tried to open the door but we couldn't somehow. We called a locksmith and he passed the broken lock with a skeleton key. 1. How the hell was that thing locked without a key? 2. How the hell was that thing locked while it was broken? This is first one.

Then at night, I went to my room and closed my door to sleep. Somehow my door opened by itself. I checked the windows but all of them was closed. Well it was normal because it was winter. So there wasn't any air flow to open the door. I closed, it opened. Closed again but it opened. After a while I locked my door. But it opened again. I gave up and let it stay open. But then it closed!!! I was terrifying! I took Quran, Bible and Torah from bookshelf, hugged them in bed and I fell asleep whil I was telling the whole prayers I know. This is second.

And finally a nightmare or whatever was that ****! A "war sound" on my ears, screams, horses and swords... I opened my eyes and saw a black sheet on my duvet. I couldn't move. Something really heavy was on my and I was like having a stroke. Tried to call someone, tried to shout but my voice didn't exist anymore. Even I can't hear my own voice. I thought something was gonna kill me somehow. I was waiting to die and I was praying God to have a painless death. Then the war sound stopped. And the black sheet went away. Tried to talk and move and I could do everything again. Like my body defrosted. And this is third.

Thankfully nothing happened again like this. I'm even shaking right now because of remembrance. Terrifying memories, uh!

(Sorry for my English. It's not my native language and I forgot a little bit.)
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    When I was 16, 3 paranormal activities happened the same day, I still have no explanation about them!

First me and mom turned back home in the evening. There were 2 locks on the door and one of them was broken and nobody had the key of that broken lock. We tried to open the door but we couldn't somehow. We called a locksmith and he passed the broken lock with a skeleton key. 1. How the hell was that thing locked without a key? 2. How the hell was that thing locked while it was broken? This is first one.

Then at night, I went to my room and closed my door to sleep. Somehow my door opened by itself. I checked the windows but all of them was closed. Well it was normal because it was winter. So there wasn't any air flow to open the door. I closed, it opened. Closed again but it opened. After a while I locked my door. But it opened again. I gave up and let it stay open. But then it closed!!! I was terrifying! I took Quran, Bible and Torah from bookshelf, hugged them in bed and I fell asleep whil I was telling the whole prayers I know. This is second.

And finally a nightmare or whatever was that ****! A "war sound" on my ears, screams, horses and swords... I opened my eyes and saw a black sheet on my duvet. I couldn't move. Something really heavy was on my and I was like having a stroke. Tried to call someone, tried to shout but my voice didn't exist anymore. Even I can't hear my own voice. I thought something was gonna kill me somehow. I was waiting to die and I was praying God to have a painless death. Then the war sound stopped. And the black sheet went away. Tried to talk and move and I could do everything again. Like my body defrosted. And this is third.

Thankfully nothing happened again like this. I'm even shaking right now because of remembrance. Terrifying memories, uh!

The last thing you described is called sleep paralysis. When you go to sleep, your brain partially paralyzes your body to prevent you from acting out your dreams. Sometimes that can happen before you are fully asleep, causing you to have hallucinations. They feel terrifying and very real, but know that if you ever experience that again, they cannot harm you.
  • bartaburesi
    Options

The last thing you described is called sleep paralysis. When you go to sleep, your brain partially paralyzes your body to prevent you from acting out your dreams. Sometimes that can happen before you are fully asleep, causing you to have hallucinations. They feel terrifying and very real, but know that if you ever experience that again, they cannot harm you.

You can't think clearly at that moment! You're just scared stiff of death! Never happened again, i hope never will happen! But thanks for the advice :)
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Wife is sleeping on her back. She senses that something is standing over her - she suddenly comes fully awake -. As she opens her eyes in the very dim room, she sees a silhouette and she blurts out a sound-then she says "OH NO". She is fully conscious - this is not a dream.

She lies there frozen in terror. Motionless and quietly as she can. She reluctantly and carefully turns her eyes toward this presence.... and as she assesses the dark ominous shadow she realizes that it is only a head floating! It then slowly moves away and exits the bedroom down the hallway towards the kid's room - and she knows she cant let this get to her children.

She gets up in the dark and follows. Once in the hallway she finds there is nothing. She walks through the dark house and finds nothing, the boys are safe and sound asleep - what the hell?

Terror filled - confused- bewildered- she is flooded with a range of frantically controlled emotions - as she knows that she has not imagined or dreamed any of this.

As she makes her way back down the hallway to the bedroom she runs SMACK INTO THE FLOATING HEAD!!! - It is a metallic helium balloon.

The balloon had lost enough helium to allow it to sink below the door header. It moved via the circulating air stream as the air conditioner cycled on and off.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Imagine this
    :tongue:
    funny-scary-face-girl_zps0c640e5b.jpg

I love Laina!
  • RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say because I freak out pretty easy, but the first one that comes to mind: when I was 19 or 20 and my ex-husband held me over the edge of our second-floor apartment balcony (baby style, if that makes sense.) I knew I was going to fall and die, kept my eyes shut and screamed/cried for him to stop. He laughed at me. Now we're divorced. :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Once when I was about 10 I was home by myself and some guy kept calling the house and saying he knew I was there and he was going to come get me. I locked all the doors and windows, called my mom, and sat in the living room with her pistol until she got home. Nothing ever happened.. he never called again after that and I never saw anyone. And this back in the day before they could trace calls and stuff.

When I was about 23 some guy broke out my porch light and stood there in the dark knocking on the door. I think he thought I lived alone, and the guy I was living with answered it and he made some small talk and left.

Once my POS car did a complete 360 in the rain on a busy highway. That scared the crap out of me.. I thought I was dead. But all the cars managed to be far enough behind me not to hit me and they all kept some distance from me after that. lol

And one time an entire 12 pack of sodas exploded (from being overheated) in my back seat while I was driving, and I started screaming because I thought someone shot out my back window. I realized what happened when I discovered the back of my head was covered with soda and not broken glass, and then it was sort of funny.

I've had numerous ghost encounters which weren't really scary, but in the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood, on the 9th floor, it felt like something chased me into the elevator. That one was a little scary.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I was 16 and I walked down to the Circle K in my small town of about 1500 in rural Montana to buy a soda at about 7 p.m.. I met some boys I knew and got in their truck with them. They went for a ride out on the highway near town. They pulled onto the "old highway," a cracked up single lane road next to it and got stuck messing around. I had to walk home about 5 miles because I didn't want my parents to know what happened and it was way before cell phones.

As I was walking in the dark, a vehicle approached me and asked me if I wanted a ride. I said no thanks. I kept walking about 20 more minutes and the truck that had asked me if I wanted a ride came back. The man in the truck asked me again and I said no and he got out of the truck and pointed a gun at my head and forced me into the vehicle. He drove me around for a while and asked me a bunch of weird questions about my being part of a poaching ring (I was wearing my dress clothes from speech and debate) and another girl in my class he'd been stalking. I asked him to please take me home and drop me off a block from my house so my parents wouldn't know I was gone. Eventually he did. Weird scenario: My parents owned a small motel and I lived in a room adjacent to their apartment because it was only two bedrooms and I had a younger sister. I went back in my room and never told them anything about it until I was out of high school. I didn't want to get grounded.

Other than that, I've had tons of scary weird encounters with ghosts since I live in a house from 1890 that was adjacent to a now destroyed and removed hospital, graveyard, and convent. I also have been stranger assaulted in the same small town. I'm not even going to get into all the scary things that have happened while I was working alone as a night bartender in dive bars over the last 18 years.
  • smantha32
    Options

Other than that, I've had tons of scary weird encounters with ghosts since I live in a house from 1890 that was adjacent to a now destroyed and removed hospital, graveyard, and convent. I also have been stranger assaulted in the same small town. I'm not even going to get into all the scary things that have happened while I was working alone as a night bartender in dive bars over the last 18 years.

I wanna hear the ghost stories! :happy:
  • robinsondel
    Options
    I've had a few encounters that would probably be classified as "scary", from stopping a home invasion, to having a gun on me, to having a gun on someone else. But, the 2 most scary days of my life that stand out to me were,

1. is two part. The day when my mom was diagnosed with cancer in 2000. Then,in may of 2002, I had just changed positions at my job so I could spend more time with her and the family. On the first day in my new position. my dad calls me at work to tell me he had taken her to her oncologist and he said that it was over. She checked into the hospital because she didn't want to die at home and make it hard for my dad to live there. I left work and went to the hospital. I got there and she was chillin in the admissions area, calling people on the phone and saying, "Hey, they said I'm about to die, I just wanted to call and tell you goodbye and I love you." Then in her room, she planned out her funeral and a couple days later she went unconscious and after 11 total days, she passed away.

2. My dad passed in Aug of 2012. I had taken him to the hospital a few days earlier, on a Monday, they had decided it was time to go ahead and put him on dialysis. On Thursday, they did the procedure to install the ports for the dialysis. The doctors were pleased, said that he would actually do well on dialysis and he'd be able to maintain a pretty active life and not be bound to staying home, not even staying in town. On Friday morning, we were hanging out in his hospital room, goofing off, laughing and planning a motorcycle ride to Key West, we live in North Alabama. The doctors all said that it was a good idea, they didn't see any problem with it. Then, a couple hours later, they come in and say that his blood pressure isn't getting high enough to start the dialysis, so they needed to wait a while, but all was cool, he'd go home on Sunday or Monday. 3 hours after that, they came and said they wanted to put him on some kind of special IV med, that would get his BP up quicker and it had to be done in ICU. But, they said not to worry, the only reason he was going to ICU was because that type of med could only be administered in ICU, but all was fine. He got moved, and it was just him and I in the room without my younger sister, BIL or brother and he looked at me and said, "If this goes south, you take care of the family, make sure my other 3 kids are OK" I told him to stop the nonsense talk, that it was all going to be cool and he said he had a feeling this was done, he was really tired.
    He "coded" about 90 minutes later, they revived him a couple times, then about 2 hours later, he "coded" a 3rd time and they couldn't revive him. I had to make the call to stop trying to save him and I held his hand as he died. That is my scariest day.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I rolled a truck on a gravel road when I was 14 and learning to drive. The truck fishtailed on some loose gravel, I overcorrected, and it flipped about eight times and then went end over end down an embankment. It was terrifying at first, because I just KNEW I was going to die, and then suddenly, shock set in and my imminent death was just a dismal thought rather than being that frightening anymore. I walked around for 4 days with 2 cracked vertebrates in my neck. Finally my doctor clued in that it was not just whiplash and I had to wear a halo brace for three months. Made for a really crappy summer, but I healed fine with no ill effects. But it took me ten years and I had to have a profession driving instructor before I would get behind the wheel again. I don't have any supernatural scary stories though. My dogs are always barking at empty spaces in my house, but I'm not seeing any ghosts myself. :tongue:
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago I was walking my dog when 3 guys and 1 girl approached me, the girl started punching me and 2 of the guys grabbed my dog from me, i was punching the girl back and got on top of her, so the 3rd guy her boyfriend came in and started kicking me in the face, punching me in the head, ribs, and the sternum.... took a nice ambulance to the hospital, and thankfully only had a concussion and stitches on my nose with just bruises and scrapes

Sucks a lot! I'm a little scared because the guy is still on the run, but I'm more pissed off than anything!
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Having to have my gallbladder removed.. I hate surgeries, & I was dreading this. I've been through a few surgeries, & they all sucked. So any time I've needed a surgery, yeah, those are always scary to me.
  • Monster008
    Options
    Being in Mumbai India in Nov 2008 when the terrorist attacked.
  • Toneyear
    Options
    A tree almost fell on my husband and father-in-law while standing in the same area....
  • smantha32
    Options
    bump
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Finding out that I had 3 Kidney stones last year.... :sad: