What Are These 'so called' Parents Doing!!

Options

Replies

• AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    imagesCAEM4ETX_zps1e4ecca1.jpg

Can I QFT a picture?
  • goodnamegone
    Options
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP's sentiment. First, how is this "shaming"? All she did was post some photos. Nowhere did she identify the school name or any of the student's names, so exactly who's being shamed here?

As to the food itself, well, yes, you can eat anything in moderation. But judging by the number of overweight and obese kids I see every day, they're NOT eating this stuff in moderation. And I think that's the point.

And for those people saying, "My kid won't eat healthy food ______, so I pack something I know he likes so at least he'll eat something." That makes me sad. When I was a kid, I ate what was put in front of me. If I didn't want it, then I went hungry. You know what? I lived.
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Do your grade one students know the difference between 'their', 'there' and 'they're'? Maybe they can help you out. :wink: Sorry, couldn't resist. :blushing:

++++++1.
    Hahahahaha.
  • foraubs
    Options
    Our schools have a list of approved snacks. So even if my child traded a snack , it would hopefully be a healthier snack!

THAT is ridiculous.
    I hope they also provide you a grocery stipend, and maybe a list for that, too.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    For some people obesity is not something that would ever ever ever be an issue. I feed my kids tons and tons of food, as much as they want. From the moment they wake up, until bed, they are hungry for more food, and they are just finally not in the underweight category.

I am also 5'2" and weigh 98 pounds and I eat 1900 to 2200 calories a day and that is when I am less active. When I was younger I weighed that and ate 2500 to 3000 calories a day and I was a professional dancer and very active.
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This is quite possibly the most stilted thread I've ever read on these boards. People advocating for the OP are difficult for me to understand. A teacher is taking pictures in the classroom and posting them online without parental consent. How is that ever acceptable? This is unprofessional, thoughtless and teetering on morally questionable.

If snacking is an issue, then the OP can take some real initiative and talk to school administration and the school medical staff. Violating privacy and security practices is not useful. This behavior puts her job in jeopardy and, if her photos carry any tags, potentially puts her students identities online without consent. Are people really suggesting that this is a good idea, or something that should be supported?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Is this even real, or is the Op just trolling.
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    Maybe you should get back to teaching vs judging...

makkfa.jpg

go back to your bridge.
    this shirt is pure BULLS**T. I'm thinking of a friend, a nurse, who became 'wondermom' when she spawned. Her mother would offer advice and she would poo-poo her, because no one could do it better. THE WOMAN RAISED 3 OF YOU TO ADULTHOOD AND YOUR PRECIOUS DARLING IS 2 MONTHS OLD. MAYBE YOUR MOTHER KNOWS A THING OR THREE. I'm thinking about a lawyer called into a parent/teacher conference 6 weeks into her precious darling's 9th grade year. "I know she talks a lot but I never thought of it as that much of a problem." WELL LADY YOUR CHILD DISRUPTS THE ENTIRE CLASS AND IT IS A HUGE PROBLEM. HOW CAN WE FIX IT? there are many stories out there...

a5j3oi.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    imagesCAEM4ETX_zps1e4ecca1.jpg

Can I QFT a picture?

Can I +1 her QFT?
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    This is quite possibly the most stilted thread I've ever read on these boards. People advocating for the OP are difficult for me to understand. A teacher is taking pictures in the classroom and posting them online without parental consent. How is that ever acceptable? This is unprofessional, thoughtless and teetering on morally questionable.

If snacking is an issue, then the OP can take some real initiative and talk to school administration and the school medical staff. Violating privacy and security practices is not useful. This behavior puts her job in jeopardy and, if her photos carry any tags, potentially puts her students identities online without consent. Are people really suggesting that this is a good idea, or something that should be supported?

oh please. she's not posting mug shots of the kids next to the offending food.. it's completely anonymous so chill. she's trying to HELP, and maybe vent some too, because it's hard to bang your face against a brick wall every day. THERE WAS NO PRIVACY VIOLATED ..
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    My parents never let me eat crap like that.
    And I don't think it's right to let them either.
    This is why we have an obesity problem,because people get mad if you judge them on how unhealthy their diet is...and it is unhealthy.Since when are goldfish nutritionally sound?!

We have an obesity problem because people consume more calories than they burn. The reason for this is multifaceted and complex, encompassing access to excess and lack of access to quality. A myriad of psychological and socioecomonic factors are at play. Your analysis is painfully short sighted and naive.

The healthfulness of one's diet doesn't the person more or less morally superior.

I want to tell you how thoughtful your reply was using the song of my people:

TLI-thatsthewayyoudoit.gif
  • 2dare2dream
    2dare2dream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    my childrens school does not encourage parents to provide a snack each day..but instead for a small fee at beginning of week provides the children with a healthy snack ranging from fruit to cheese crackers to homemade popcorn[without the added sugar].
    this not only saves time but would seem to be a more fair situation for the children as they all eat the same and no one child is left with nothing. [low income families do not need to pay]
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    You got me thinking and then I saw a link to an article about feeding children crap food and I copied and pasted this from there:

"Sugar has been shown to be more addictive than cocaine so if your kids are getting hooked on the stuff now all we are doing is setting them up for obesity, type 2 diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disease and many other chronic, degenerate and very serious health issues.. I don’t mean to sound alarmist but this is quite simply the reality of the situation. Same with the over consumption of vegetable oils. It simply isn’t worth it and isn’t ok, especially with repeated maximum exposure."

Well it's on the internet so it must be true!
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should get back to teaching vs judging...

makkfa.jpg

go back to your bridge.
    this shirt is pure BULLS**T. I'm thinking of a friend, a nurse, who became 'wondermom' when she spawned. Her mother would offer advice and she would poo-poo her, because no one could do it better. THE WOMAN RAISED 3 OF YOU TO ADULTHOOD AND YOUR PRECIOUS DARLING IS 2 MONTHS OLD. MAYBE YOUR MOTHER KNOWS A THING OR THREE. I'm thinking about a lawyer called into a parent/teacher conference 6 weeks into her precious darling's 9th grade year. "I know she talks a lot but I never thought of it as that much of a problem." WELL LADY YOUR CHILD DISRUPTS THE ENTIRE CLASS AND IT IS A HUGE PROBLEM. HOW CAN WE FIX IT? there are many stories out there...

a5j3oi.jpg

I LOL'ed.
  • foraubs
    Options
    Is this even real, or is the Op just trolling.

I've read through (mostly) all 12 pages of this thread, and only one reply from OP has surfaced (unless I've overlooked a bit,) and that was addressing her grammar.

She clearly had no desire to engage in conversation about this post, thus qualifying the arguments that she is simply "shaming" (or trolling.)

I'll be directing my time elsewhere.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I'm wondering if her complaint is the sheer QUANTITY of the food the parents think they need for that "snack". These look more like "meals" to me though some would be considered unhealthy meals.

This is furthere confused by the fact that if you follow the URL's you find that in photobucket she calls them lunch while here she calls them snack. Infer what you will from this about OP.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

oh please. she's not posting mug shots of the kids next to the offending food.. it's completely anonymous so chill. she's trying to HELP, and maybe vent some too, because it's hard to bang your face against a brick wall every day. THERE WAS NO PRIVACY VIOLATED ..

The children have a reasonable expectation that their belongings will not be rifled through, photographed, and displayed on the internet. So yeah, privacy WAS violated.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    At least they had something packed, some kids don't even get that!

Although I wouldn't call what I saw in the pictures "balanced" lunches aside from the last one was alright, this seems a lot like putting other people down just to make yourself feel better.

If it bothers you that much bring extra fruit and other stuff you feel is a more balanced option because judging the kids parents isn't going to solve the actual issue and has no productivity.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

The children have a reasonable expectation that their belongings will not be rifled through, photographed, and displayed on the internet. So yeah, privacy WAS violated.

You seem to be working really hard to impress me. Or else it just comes naturally to you. In either case. Color me impressed.
This discussion has been closed.