McDonald's discontinuing Ceasar Salad

Options
At least my area McDonald's won't be carrying them. I imagine it's nationwide. So sad. Has anyone heard why?

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Because few people hit up MickeyD's for salad
  • Joanna_77
    Joanna_77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lol, they are keeping the other salads on the menu, though.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Curse your logic....
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Probably because as relatively unhealthy as a Ceasar salad is (referring to the cheese, croutons & Ceasar dressing), it was one of the "healthiest" choices on the menu. And, let's face it, who goes to McDonald's for anything other than grease laden beef cakes? :huh:
  • samiyan05
    samiyan05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mmmm grease laden "beef" cakes :)
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I went there today and got a Tuscan grilled chicken salad. Hope they keep that around.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    i think more people would get the salad if it were cheaper. i know i would
  • peachcats
    Options
    why would I pay more for less calories?
    salads are dumb
  • kroonha
    kroonha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i think more people would get the salad if it were cheaper. i know i would

To be honest, if I wanted a good salad I'd go anywhere else but McD's. Their salads are ok, but calorie heavy and I could get something much more delicious in the same price range.

Or maybe that's just me...
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It's nation wide. Like the new value menu and raised prices. I work at McDonald's. A high traffic Micky Ds (in the Midwest at least) will sell maybe 2 a day. But still it was the easiest and cheapest salad to make.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Probably because as relatively unhealthy as a Ceasar salad is (referring to the cheese, croutons & Ceasar dressing), it was one of the "healthiest" choices on the menu. And, let's face it, who goes to McDonald's for anything other than grease laden beef cakes? :huh:
    I do. I hate their burgers. Chicken wraps are where it's at, yo.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Salads are rarely the best options calorie wise. I wish more people knew not to fall into the salad trap. Eat one if you love it, but not because you think you are making the better choice.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    At least my area McDonald's won't be carrying them. I imagine it's nationwide. So sad. Has anyone heard why?

They got fed up of dusting down the salad boxes.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I get fries, with a salad on the side because I'm health concious.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Where do you live? The South West salad just got discontinued in Canada but no plans to get rid of the Caesar as far as I know
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's just the US.
  • Joanna_77
    Joanna_77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Erikalynne, I live near Minneapolis. I do like the salads. When I'm in a rush or forget to plan properly, a salad (without the croutons) is a much better choice than a double cheeseburger and fries.
  • newfiegal3958
    newfiegal3958 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hope they don't , that is what I always order when I go to McDonald's.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I used to get their salads (Southwestern was my fave after the taco salad went bye-bye), because my daughter loves McD's, and I treat her once in a while. Now I'm all about the sweet chili grilled chicken wrap. Sweeeeeeeeet chili chicken. Mmm!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Salads are rarely the best options calorie wise. I wish more people knew not to fall into the salad trap. Eat one if you love it, but not because you think you are making the better choice.

If you get the Southwest salad with grilled chicken, it's 300 calories. The southwest dressing is another 100.