Real Focus T25 Results? Anyone got a unbiased review?

Options

Replies

• KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Has anyone that was completely out of shape tried this and be able to do it? I'm starting at ground zero and I'm afraid I won't even be able to do the modified version.

ME ME ME @gvizcain. Trust me I was beyond out of shape.. I posted a review a few pages back... but pretty much I got hit by a car and spent a while in a wheelchair. Eventually worked my way to a walker (that was sexy) , crutches and then a cane for another 6-8 months.
    From my accident I also suffered from necrotizing fasciitis. (the flesh eating bacteria) and am now permanently missing 20% of my right leg, which is held together by skin grafts from my left leg... yeah think Frankenstein. :)
    So YEAH.. out of shape is putting it mildly.
    And YES there were things I couldn't do week one. But Tania really modifies. For instance I literately could not do 1 jumping jack (too much on my bad leg), but Tania does a stepping jack. Oh and forget about a "guy" push up. I even had trouble with the girl (kneeling) pushups as it was hard to kneel. I used the situp mat to cushion my knee. Of course this made me a bit slower than the video.
    I did not start T25 to lose weight but to get into shape.
    I am currently on week 2 of Beta. I didn't nail any of the Alpha workouts but I got though each one and I got stronger. I can now do 8 to 10 jumping jacks and 3 or 4 girly pushups. lol
    But not bad for a girl missing a junk out of her leg and to trashed shoulders. I'll take it.
    I am burning between 250-325 calories a workout... I use a Polar FT7 HRM to calculate.

I also noticed I have lost an inch off my waist and hips and I am not trying to lose weight at this point. (though I have 40 lbs to lose)
    So yeah, @gvizcain, you will be FINE, I personally guarantee it. :) If I can handle this, anyone can. Take it at YOUR pace. Whatever that may be.
    I plan on running the gambit 2,3 or as many times until I can nail it. It could take 20. There will be some moves I will never nail, but that is ok too. i will never be a professional basketball player either. I'm ok with that too.
    So my suggestion is.... START... :)
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Do you guys do double day? :) just wondering if it makes any difference if I dont. But I do the other work out the ff day sa basically I workout everyday. :flowerforyou:
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Do you guys do double day? :) just wondering if it makes any difference if I dont. But I do the other work out the ff day sa basically I workout everyday. :flowerforyou:

i do doubles someday...like yesterday.. and i can totallly feel it today haha
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options

I do the double day (T50) but that is really more because I like having my Saturdays off. I have to get up a little earlier and kind of rush through them though as I started T25 because I really only have 30 minutes to work out.
  • ReverendNewman
    ReverendNewman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Can anyone help me. I'm on day 5 week 3. I've put weight on.. I'm sticking to the diet writing everything down. Workouts are 100% effort had to follow the modifier but now I don't. I'm gutted I've put on. I'm 189 lb so not slim what the hell is wrong

This might help hang in there. I lost nothing my first month of insanity so I gave up. Now I'm wishing I hadn't because apparently the big weight loss on these programs sometimes happens in the second month.
    http://chalenejohnson.blogspot.ca/2009/01/why-do-you-sometimes-gain-weight-when.html?m=1

Don't worry. It's just water weight. Right now, your muscles are being damaged, in a good way, and retaining water to repair the damaged tissue. It's called the "enema effect" in weight training circles. Once your body realizes your new exercise routine, it will compensate and you will start to lose.
  • ReverendNewman
    Options
    OK, my history. I'm 53, about 205 lbs and would like to get down to about 188-189. I've been weight training for over 35 years. Running, biking, mountain biking for the past 15. I'm in pretty decent shape. I can see my abs, but just barely.

Anyway, I bought T25 just to give me a really good intense cardio workout and it hasn't failed. I'm only on day 4 right now of Alpha. I am a little cynical and not over zealous about what to expect. I did two rotations on Insanity and didn't really lose all that much weight, but it did make me a ton more flexible and stronger in the gym.

Now my rant. Not against the workout, but the marketing. LOL

One of the few things about the infomercial is that all the "test" subjects before photos, are in pretty decent shape. Then you look at their after photos and makes you wonder could they have accomplished the same results with some traditional cardio, weight training and diet. Yeah, they throw the one big chubby dude, but all and all, mostly in decent shape. I guess the key is they did it in 25 minutes a day.

Also I think that Tania (Tonya) is a bit of a hypocrite. After knocking it dead in Insanity, she's all of a sudden, "workout for an hour? I don't WANT to workout for no hour." LOL Actually, even a hour a day is not too much to ask for. Well in my life anyway.

But so far, I'm loving this T25. I'll keep you guys posted.

I'm gonna follow the diet plan pretty strictly also. The key seems to be no more then 300 calories per meal.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Has anyone that was completely out of shape tried this and be able to do it? I'm starting at ground zero and I'm afraid I won't even be able to do the modified version.

ME ME ME @gvizcain. Trust me I was beyond out of shape.. I posted a review a few pages back... but pretty much I got hit by a car and spent a while in a wheelchair. Eventually worked my way to a walker (that was sexy) , crutches and then a cane for another 6-8 months.
    From my accident I also suffered from necrotizing fasciitis. (the flesh eating bacteria) and am now permanently missing 20% of my right leg, which is held together by skin grafts from my left leg... yeah think Frankenstein. :)
    So YEAH.. out of shape is putting it mildly.
    And YES there were things I couldn't do week one. But Tania really modifies. For instance I literately could not do 1 jumping jack (too much on my bad leg), but Tania does a stepping jack. Oh and forget about a "guy" push up. I even had trouble with the girl (kneeling) pushups as it was hard to kneel. I used the situp mat to cushion my knee. Of course this made me a bit slower than the video.
    I did not start T25 to lose weight but to get into shape.
    I am currently on week 2 of Beta. I didn't nail any of the Alpha workouts but I got though each one and I got stronger. I can now do 8 to 10 jumping jacks and 3 or 4 girly pushups. lol
    But not bad for a girl missing a junk out of her leg and to trashed shoulders. I'll take it.
    I am burning between 250-325 calories a workout... I use a Polar FT7 HRM to calculate.

I also noticed I have lost an inch off my waist and hips and I am not trying to lose weight at this point. (though I have 40 lbs to lose)
    So yeah, @gvizcain, you will be FINE, I personally guarantee it. :) If I can handle this, anyone can. Take it at YOUR pace. Whatever that may be.
    I plan on running the gambit 2,3 or as many times until I can nail it. It could take 20. There will be some moves I will never nail, but that is ok too. i will never be a professional basketball player either. I'm ok with that too.
    So my suggestion is.... START... :)

Great story! So inspirational :flowerforyou:
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think Tania's difference now is that she has a kid. :) My sister used to run for 7-8 miles a day before she had one of those. Now, she does 3 miles every other day. :) I guess life priorities change, maybe? I dunno. Maybe I defend Tania bc she was my hero in insanity :)
  • patlebrun1
    patlebrun1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm day 2 week 3 today and I must say that I love the workout. I am seeing a very light improvement in the way I'm doing the exercises but I'm still modifying about 60% of the time, it's very hard on the cardio.

It seems that I can't do the full 25 minutes without stopping from time to time to catch my breath, otherwise my muscles don't want to work. At first it's cool but after the first 5 minutes I'm exhausted, I want to stop but continue but the muscles need a break...I figure it's ok this way too, although maybe not as efficient...

I never had a good cardio before and I got an open heart surgery 2 years ago, I also have connecting tissue disorder so I hope this program helps me, so far I don't see a big change in the cardio but I can feel my core getting harder.

Never tried other BB workouts before and I like the format of the T25, it fits well on a schedule but I think it's very though, even when modifying, Tanya is faking it!

I wonder if I shall do Alpha again without modifying before going to beta, what do you guys thinks?
  • ReverendNewman
    Options
    I'm day 2 week 3 today and I must say that I love the workout. I am seeing a very light improvement in the way I'm doing the exercises but I'm still modifying about 60% of the time, it's very hard on the cardio.

It seems that I can't do the full 25 minutes without stopping from time to time to catch my breath, otherwise my muscles don't want to work. At first it's cool but after the first 5 minutes I'm exhausted, I want to stop but continue but the muscles need a break...I figure it's ok this way too, although maybe not as efficient...

I never had a good cardio before and I got an open heart surgery 2 years ago, I also have connecting tissue disorder so I hope this program helps me, so far I don't see a big change in the cardio but I can feel my core getting harder.

Never tried other BB workouts before and I like the format of the T25, it fits well on a schedule but I think it's very though, even when modifying, Tanya is faking it!

I wonder if I shall do Alpha again without modifying before going to beta, what do you guys thinks?

Ur doing fine. I'm finishing up week 3 of Alpha and I still can't to 25 minutes straight to the end. I at least try to do each exercise. Like Shaun T says, "Do the best you can". I am getting stronger and my coordination is is getting better. It won't be long before I can to the 25 minutes without stopping.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    How long til anyone got to see major results? I only have 9lbs left to lose so I know it will be harder as I reach my goals closer but I'm kinda getting sad because I'm on week 5 day 2 of alpha and so far I only lost 1.3 lbs. i always stay under my cals and overall I only had 1 cheat day and nothing more after, help? :(
  • Lupiemomma30
    Lupiemomma30 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Alpha results: 6.4 lbs lost, 1 in off chest, 3 in off waist and .5 in off arms. I could've done better but I didn't eat properly...I'll do better with Beta. I started Beta today!
  • Fabfitgirl5
    Fabfitgirl5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am not seeing any difference in my weight and I am on week three of the Beta phase. I will say however, that I think I may have lost inches because I bought of pair of pants a size smaller than usual, did not try them on in the store and when I tried them on at home they fit and I mean fit right, they were not tight... go figure.

So while I don't see the scale moving.. that evil thing.. I think my body is burining inches because of the fit of those pants. Seriously I would not have been able to put them on like a month or two ago.I guess that is a good thing. :)

I will finish beta, not sure on Gamma just yet, considering it, but not quite sure. I think I might need to change it up and do the 30 day shred as I hear there are good resutls wtih that too. We shall see. By March of 2014 i want to be down to a waist size of about 28 inches, with my body type that should be perfect.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Well thanks you guys ♥ :flowerforyou: I just finished Alpha today I lost only 3lbs but true, I am feeling the loss in clothes. Not sure with Gamma either i might go straight to CLX
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I just finished 14 weeks (ALPHA, BETA and GAMMA) I did not do doubles EVERY Friday, at least half the time I did. I watched cals, but did go aver on weekends and followed the modifier at least 50% of the time. I could have put alot more effort into it, but I hadnt worked out in years and this was my first workout video. Please dont' mid the face especially in newest photo, I was in a nyquil coma have bee sick for a week lol

7b9ddef2-927a-400e-b291-3f6c70a27d78.jpg
  • sweetsharese
    Options
    I just started T25 yesterday and I am struggling. I am doing the whole 25min but I use the modifications pretty often. I am sitting at work sore right now as well.

Has anyone felt the same? I am thinking about finishing out this week, and then doing the first week again next week. Sound like a good idea?
  • sweetsharese
    Options
    CONGRATS! You look great! And gave me hope. I am doing modifications pretty often, and thought I should do the first week twice since I was struggling. I will press on because of you though!
  • sweetsharese
    Options
    Awesome story! Gave me hope! And to the person who asked about out of shape. I am too but I'm only on day 2...of week 1. LOL! I sit here sore as I type. LOL!
  • staceylaitinen
    Options
    I am only on week 4 but I would redo. I still use the modifier sometimes and I think that is OK. Work through it and don't be discouraged. I have support and motivation group if you are interested....
    You can do it!
  • Morgan333372
    Options
    Well a few weeks ago I began t25. I'm on my 3rd week of alpha and so far I love it and my body is finally getting used to it. I'm doing t25 in order to tone up my belly and get rid of my belly fat, and I've been struggling with this belly fat for months but I have faith in myself that I can get it done! I haven't really noticed any changes with my body yet, but my body feels better overall since starting this program. However, I just have to keep telling myself I can do this and believe in myself.